Jeff Twiddy Resigns as Louisville Leopards Football Head Coach

I have to respectfully disagree. The Adminstration of Louisville put the state of Louisville football into a downward spiral by listening a few "elitist" in the community who wanted DeMarco out. Then hire an individual to coach AND teach, then he backs out of the teaching position once its official he has coaching job. Once in he demands thousands for new weight room equipment, new football jerseys, orders new headsets for sideline, walks out of St. Harombos at county football coaches preview, openly criticizes and attempts to degrade previous coaching regime, his staff openly threatened previous coaches on social media, staff openly used vulgar language on social media prior to start of football season, claims to give his athletes so much of his time and efforts yet can't take the time or effort to be there to vote for WHBC county awards (or send another coaching rep). Since I've followed louisville football in the years of Crislip, Farrah, and DeMarco you NEVER had this happen and this was all in the first year of Twiddy's coaching. The adults in the stands had every right to voice their displeasure. I certainly hope moving forward the District can put together a committee with no hidden agenda, unlike previous one who had a comittee member become part of Twiddy's freshman football staff since they coached together in little leopards.
The day this tweet was sent out and retweeted by Twiddy, I knew we were in for something special

Attachments

• 66AD30F8-7665-4BEA-B8DA-48DFDDDC5951.jpeg
    66AD30F8-7665-4BEA-B8DA-48DFDDDC5951.jpeg
    582.2 KB · Views: 199
The important thing is to get it right and then be unified in support of the program. We have played football in Louisville since 1924, coaches have come and gone, the constant is the kids.The constant is the program. The next coach, whoever he is ,deserves a couple of years to get thing rolling. The administration can't sprinkle magic dust and create a league. Some other schools have to want to be in a league with you. Changing coaches every year will reduce the program to the point where we might be able to rejoin the NBC. Is that what you want?

I have to respectfully disagree. The Adminstration of Louisville put the state of Louisville football into a downward spiral by listening a few "elitist" in the community who wanted DeMarco out. Then hire an individual to coach AND teach, then he backs out of the teaching position once its official he has coaching job. Once in he demands thousands for new weight room equipment, new football jerseys, orders new headsets for sideline, walks out of St. Harombos at county football coaches preview, openly criticizes and attempts to degrade previous coaching regime, his staff openly threatened previous coaches on social media, staff openly used vulgar language on social media prior to start of football season, claims to give his athletes so much of his time and efforts yet can't take the time or effort to be there to vote for WHBC county awards (or send another coaching rep). Since I've followed louisville football in the years of Crislip, Farrah, and DeMarco you NEVER had this happen and this was all in the first year of Twiddy's coaching. The adults in the stands had every right to voice their displeasure. I certainly hope moving forward the District can put together a committee with no hidden agenda, unlike previous one who had a comittee member become part of Twiddy's freshman football staff since they coached together in little leopards.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Doesn't mean either of us are wrong. I never saw any of what you mentioned so I don't think it was as mainstream as you believe it was. As for the "coaches" in the stands I am referring to I can say 100% they bashed him cause he wasn't the guy they wanted hired ( I talked to many of them). Bashing a coach and never giving him a shot because he wasn't the guy you wanted is disgraceful, I would be happy if I never had to see any of them sitting in the stands around me because the way they acted was gross. After all it is all about supporting the kids, but I heard MANY people say straight out they hoped we would go 0-10 so we could get rid of him and get "their" guy in there... Seriously?? That's the proper way to look at things?

Then again that appears to be the way of the world right now. If your guy doesn't win or get the job then you stomp your feet and throw a fit. I see it on the news every day.

Big rumor going around the coach pick is already in and only has to wait until the position goes through the union protocol. Retired ex. College/ Pro level defensive coach with ties to the area through wife. Has a ton of clout that will shut down the local's who want to voice their opinions. Should be exciting to see what happens.

This is an interesting rumor. I will be interested to hear who this is. This could build some excitement back around the program. Just make sure we run it by the know-it-alls up in the stands so they don't throw a temper tantrum...

Someone with this background would be a huge hire for us though.

That’s pretty much everything I’ve heard as complaints from leopard fans. Can’t wait to see y’all week 9. Always a good atmosphere in Louisville to watch the boys play some ball!!!!

You are totally correct. I was at the last game on the Central side and I couldn't believe how people were putting this guy down. Louisville plays a brutal schedule and it's tough to put down any 1st yr coach when they go 500. When Wakefield came to Perry it took a couple years. Maybe Perry should of pressed to get him out, NOT. I understand the frustration of him not attending an important function but you'll be looking for another coach. I don't care who comes in, I'll be surprised if you win 5 games. Good luck because the honeymoon only lasts until the first loss of the season.
Try supporting the next guy as you have a great community and whoever is chosen deserves 2-3 years. If your AD makes your schedule they might want to back it down a little bit so you can get into the playoffs.
Great post. I always liked the way Louisville teams conducted themselves on the field.

It may be hard for them to get the caliber of coach that they want, but it they get a guy committed to Louisville kids and the community that will be a big step. The expectations are borderline unreasonable in Leopard Country, especially as an independent.

This is an interesting rumor. I will be interested to hear who this is. This could build some excitement back around the program. Just make sure we run it by the know-it-alls up in the stands so they don't throw a temper tantrum...

Someone with this background would be a huge hire for us though.

How do you think bringing another outsider in is going to solve our issues? If the school district's leadership is unable to provide teaching positions for a new coach's staff. Why would any HC with an attractive resume seek this job facing the same challenges Twiddy encountered shaping a staff? For those few knuckleheads stating Twiddy took the teaching job initially and reneged is simply not true. The SUPERINTENDENT offered a teaching position only to withdraw the position opportunity shortly thereafter - that's a FACT. I challenge anyone on this forum who thinks they know everything that goes on in that building, who hurled insults to the former coach, and have balls to openly place yourself out there in the public for scrutiny - APPLY for the job. Once you have been hired put together a staff with no teaching positions available, face minimal support from the community, and deal with a group of pitchfork welding idiots, who seek nothing more than seeing you fail, and miserably at that. See how that works out for you. Did Jeff makes some mistakes? Absolutely. Who doesn't, especially when you are a first year coach, installing a new system, new staff, new attitude, and constantly under the first year coach microscope after succeeding Demarco's way of doing things. Ok so the guy wanted improvements made in the weight room, new uniforms, etc...at least this coach made every effort to improve strength, have to give him credit for the kid's commitment. I think there are some good take-a-ways that can be built upon for the next coach. In terms of blame, shoulder that on the administration, who made the decision sending Demarco packing based on a few parent's complaints their kid didn't play a position they should have. You hire a new coach, didn't give him any teaching positions, allowing former staff to retain teaching positions - creating a major conflict problem from the old staff to the new. In terms of the social media behaviors, once again, blame administration. It is their responsibility to oversee the professionalism of all coaches, who are tasked to coach, teach, and mentor it's students. We need real leadership in that building. MLGA (Make Louisville Great Again). These people's only interest is protecting the if you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. A Head Coach should be employed by the district and working in the building, period. That was the Administrations fault for not ensuring that happened. And did anyone ever consider the reason JT did not make an appearance at the WHBC event perhaps in part he was at odds with the administration over teaching positions and other issues and knew he was going to be dismissed? Would you show up for an event knowing you would not be retained in the upcoming weeks?

You have your opinion and I have mine. Doesn't mean either of us are wrong. I never saw any of what you mentioned so I don't think it was as mainstream as you believe it was. As for the "coaches" in the stands I am referring to I can say 100% they bashed him cause he wasn't the guy they wanted hired ( I talked to many of them). Bashing a coach and never giving him a shot because he wasn't the guy you wanted is disgraceful, I would be happy if I never had to see any of them sitting in the stands around me because the way they acted was gross. After all it is all about supporting the kids, but I heard MANY people say straight out they hoped we would go 0-10 so we could get rid of him and get "their" guy in there... Seriously?? That's the proper way to look at things?

Then again that appears to be the way of the world right now. If your guy doesn't win or get the job then you stomp your feet and throw a fit. I see it on the news every day.
I will agree with you as it relates to hoping we go 0-10. That is appalling from all perspectives. Notice, I never criticized Twiddy for his X's and O's. He brought some excitement but with it high risk that would quickly fizzle away our ability to win some of our games this year, IMO. It is my hope a committee is put together with the likes of a Crislip, J. Aljancic, B. Beatty, D.Radalia, John Twinem. People who know FOOTBALL and/or have a long track record directly with Louisville Tradition. We don't need a committee with a "know it all"landscaper, a stay at home "jelly" daddy, or a former Little Leopard coach with an axe to grind. It has to consist of people dedicated to resurrecting a tradition that has been lost in this transition. People who can bring back possibly, some of the younger talented coaches who left to go other places and put them under the leadership of a strong mentoring head coach. Someone who will bring the "DeMarco supporters" together, let the Twiddy ship sail, the style of coaching the "Farrah supporters" like (cuz his ship has long sunk). Sooooo who are the names that come to mind....ready, set, go...lol!

And did anyone ever consider the reason JT did not make an appearance at the WHBC event perhaps in part he was at odds with the administration over teaching positions and other issues and knew he was going to be dismissed? Would you show up for an event knowing you would not be retained in the upcoming weeks?
For the sake of the kids he should have attended.

M2S,

I agree. However my point is perhaps he was so frustrated with the inability to gain ground with the administration over key issues and knowing his days were numbered, perhaps out of resentment towards Louisville administration did not fulfill the duty. I'm not justifying his actions, just throwing out a different angle than others have professed.

I will agree with you as it relates to hoping we go 0-10. That is appalling from all perspectives. Notice, I never criticized Twiddy for his X's and O's. He brought some excitement but with it high risk that would quickly fizzle away our ability to win some of our games this year, IMO. It is my hope a committee is put together with the likes of a Crislip, J. Aljancic, B. Beatty, D.Radalia, John Twinem. People who know FOOTBALL and/or have a long track record directly with Louisville Tradition. We don't need a committee with a "know it all"landscaper, a stay at home "jelly" daddy, or a former Little Leopard coach with an axe to grind. It has to consist of people dedicated to resurrecting a tradition that has been lost in this transition. People who can bring back possibly, some of the younger talented coaches who left to go other places and put them under the leadership of a strong mentoring head coach. Someone who will bring the "DeMarco supporters" together, let the Twiddy ship sail, the style of coaching the "Farrah supporters" like (cuz his ship has long sunk). Sooooo who are the names that come to mind....ready, set, go...lol!

Farrah's ship might have sunk but his playoff resume is unparalleled. After all "Tradition" is based on winning, right? I'd take a broken, battered, humiliated Paul Farrah, over any past, present, or future Louisville coach any day of the week. If we all knew the past skeletons of people in this town, especially people associated with the school district, perhaps opinions of certain people would vary.

In my opinion there are only two men in the best interest of Louisville football right now to bring back the "Tradition". That is Rick Crislip and Paul Farrah. Rick is not a plausible candidate I know. He's retired and certain he enjoys his life away from football. However he decided to run for BOE on a positive change agenda, always a steward for all things good Louisville, perhaps he'd consider stepping out of retirement for a short period to right the ship. Paul, still works in the district, flying low under the radar, unfortunately in the grave from past mistakes. His football resume for Louisville is about as good as it gets, but talk about unifying and rallying behind a coach and staff, not enough forgiveness support to make it happen. It's sad. Sometimes in life we owe people a second chance, but it is what he made it. Paul probably wouldn't even pursue the job even if offered. Crislip and Farrah, undeniable, kings of the Leopards football leadership in the past 30 years, know Louisville football and expectations second to none. Demarco did a good job, sure he didn't want the job initially, and considering the circumstances at the time, made perfect sense. His playoff record, and lack of making the playoffs, will always place him behind those other two aforementioned coaches tenure. We had three very good coaches over a 30 year period of time with an overall excellent track record. In 2020, we'll find ourselves with three coaches in the last 14 months. They have to get this new-hire right. And in all of this dialogue, who hurts the most? The kids. I feel terrible for this year's seniors. It was a great group of kids, who deserved more than a 5-5 season. I know the personnel are ultimately responsible for the outcome, but these kids had to deal with a entirely different staff their senior year and learn new concepts different than what they were taught coming up through the system. I know we are all disappointed in the results of 2019 but there are many other issues that need addressed outside of a football program. All and all we really should be talking about the kids and what's best for them in the future.

Is there someone on staff that teaches and coaches who played at Louisville? Farrah or Crislip is not going to pursue this job, but a former player that knows the Louisville system and way might have success.

Is there someone on staff that teaches and coaches who played at Louisville? Farrah or Crislip is not going to pursue this job, but a former player that knows the Louisville system and way might have success.

Yes Jake Adkins & Jon Vanicek both played here and currently coach and teach here at Louisville.

Last edited:
I don't know the vanicek fellow, but Adkins with some hands on mentoring could be interesting. As long as the mentoring came from the BOE.

In my opinion there are only two men in the best interest of Louisville football right now to bring back the "Tradition". That is Rick Crislip and Paul Farrah. Rick is not a plausible candidate I know. He's retired and certain he enjoys his life away from football. However he decided to run for BOE on a positive change agenda, always a steward for all things good Louisville, perhaps he'd consider stepping out of retirement for a short period to right the ship. Paul, still works in the district, flying low under the radar, unfortunately in the grave from past mistakes. His football resume for Louisville is about as good as it gets, but talk about unifying and rallying behind a coach and staff, not enough forgiveness support to make it happen. It's sad. Sometimes in life we owe people a second chance, but it is what he made it. Paul probably wouldn't even pursue the job even if offered. Crislip and Farrah, undeniable, kings of the Leopards football leadership in the past 30 years, know Louisville football and expectations second to none. Demarco did a good job, sure he didn't want the job initially, and considering the circumstances at the time, made perfect sense. His playoff record, and lack of making the playoffs, will always place him behind those other two aforementioned coaches tenure. We had three very good coaches over a 30 year period of time with an overall excellent track record. In 2020, we'll find ourselves with three coaches in the last 14 months. They have to get this new-hire right. And in all of this dialogue, who hurts the most? The kids. I feel terrible for this year's seniors. It was a great group of kids, who deserved more than a 5-5 season. I know the personnel are ultimately responsible for the outcome, but these kids had to deal with a entirely different staff their senior year and learn new concepts different than what they were taught coming up through the system. I know we are all disappointed in the results of 2019 but there are many other issues that need addressed outside of a football program. All and all we really should be talking about the kids and what's best for them in the future.

Perhaps the committee can include Paul Farrah, Rick Crislip, and Paul Starkey to pick the next coach. Three successful head coaches that know what it takes.

Perhaps the committee can include Paul Farrah, Rick Crislip, and Paul Starkey to pick the next coach. Three successful head coaches that know what it takes.

Now that's a heavyweight committee! Starkey always said expectations to coach in Louisville was meant to do better than 8-2! ?

Just think Dan P. This is who is being pushed by certain BOE and Sup. Also think, more of the same mindset of JT. WIIFM

This is what you get when you go cheap, as stated with the last Louisville FB coaching search, make a bee line to Granville and hire Buttermore former Tri-Valley HC who was consistently in the playoffs, has ties to the area West Branch, but he wont come cheap, probably asst AD position, Dean of Student, whatever, just as long he has the time to right the ship and fast.
Why would he leave Granville? Great area to live in, great academics, and less pressure to win than at Louisville. Probably a better job with Louisville in no league.

Farrah might be a good coach but is feces as a human being. He should of gotten punched in the face the way he treated some of his players in the Ohio/Penn all star game years ago.

As for Twiddy he took over a horrible football school Meadowbrook who was on the same level as Rutgers is currently and got them to the regional finals his last year there. He made the playoffs 3 of his 4 years there. Any school would be lucky to have Twiddy as their coach.

Farrah might be a good coach but is feces as a human being. He should of gotten punched in the face the way he treated some of his players in the Ohio/Penn all star game years ago.

As for Twiddy he took over a horrible football school Meadowbrook who was on the same level as Rutgers is currently and got them to the regional finals his last year there. He made the playoffs 3 of his 4 years there. Any school would be lucky to have Twiddy as their coach.

umm they were 7-3 and 6-4 the two years before he got there, I believe the previous coach got the ball rolling and Twiddy was able to move the needle a little further. He spent some time trying to get that program rolling before Twiddy took it over.

Now Twiddy did a nice job there based on results for sure. This whole debacle at Louisville though still has me baffled. Its almost turning into the browns, fire guys after one year and hope the next guy will immediately make it better.

You do realize that Meadowbrook was 13-7 the two years before Twiddy got there, right? I am not going to get on here and bash his character and personality. However, his football coaching skills are AVERAGE, AVERAGE AT BEST!

His first playoff run was a no brainer, everyone knew when that class became older they were going to be good. They were good in junior high and then got a D1 transfer in to add to that loaded class. They were good as sophomores and juniors, before Twiddy got there.

His second year, was a very good team that went 2-8. It was a clown show, scoring and celebrating, dunking over goal posts, it was a straight up circus.

His last two years, yes he had good teams. But he also had the best two athletes Meadowbrook high school had seen in years in Brady Blattner and Davis Black. I will give him credit he didn't ruin it.

However he definitely didn't build the Meadowbrook program, he kept it going but he is not the reason Meadowbrook went from bad to competitive.

Twiddy made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years at Meadowbrook. The Meadowbrook schedule the two years before he took over were a joke beating a bunch of 1-9 D6&7 schools. Twiddy actually beat good teams and beat their rivals Cambridge 3 out of 4 times. Meadowbrook was getting blown out by Cambridge before he took over.

Twiddy made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years at Meadowbrook. The Meadowbrook schedule the two years before he took over were a joke beating a bunch of 1-9 D6&7 schools. Twiddy actually beat good teams and beat their rivals Cambridge 3 out of 4 times. Meadowbrook was getting blown out by Cambridge before he took over.
That's all well and good , but Twiddy is gone. The only thing that is important now is getting the next hire right. Any success or failure he had anywhere else is unimportant. No sense quibbling about it. The successes or failures of any ex-coaches are unimportant.,No need to argue over stuff that no longer is relevant. We need to get this hire right and then close ranks behind the kids.