Myles Garrett is not a player, not even a man to Mike Florio. And to Goodell..... ?

i don't care WHO is reporting WHAT on this..........there is no WAY that MG is thinking, right after all this is said on the field "i better not bring up why i went nuts because it might look bad for the league." that is completely laughable. he can make up whatever he wants to after the fact, which is what he's doing. doesn't mean it happened.

what a joke.

i don't care WHO is reporting WHAT on this..........there is no WAY that MG is thinking, right after all this is said on the field "i better not bring up why i went nuts because it might look bad for the league." that is completely laughable. he can make up whatever he wants to after the fact, which is what he's doing. doesn't mean it happened.

what a joke.

Again, if MG's lying, he'd have EVERYTHING to lose if there is audio (to prove it wasn't said) of this so I really don't see the point in him lying.

Again, if MG's lying, he'd have EVERYTHING to lose if there is audio (to prove it wasn't said) of this so I really don't see the point in him lying.

if he knows there's no audio (and apparently there isn't) then, of course, he has ZERO to lose in doing this because it becomes a "he said, he said" so why not make that up in hopes that it reduces his suspension and gets him back on the field faster?

if he knows there's no audio (and apparently there isn't) then, of course, he has ZERO to lose in doing this because it becomes a "he said, he said" so why not make that up in hopes that it reduces his suspension and gets him back on the field faster?

But he didn't know whether there were mic's or not. Unless it's a MNF or SNF game where they are mic'd up, I'm sure the players aren't aware of who's wearing what.

what a joke.

I'd imagine that it is easier for you personally to pump yourself up in life when you project your own limitations onto other people, but I'd imagine Garrett to be considerably more intelligent and thoughtful than you are, so don't sell him short.

Maybe if you are a high-achiever intellectually, a young black man, an NFL player, and an ariculate man potentially considering a broadcast career after a playing career, you might be considering a different perspetive.

Save it. Your one-note dip sh1t attack on Garrett's character and intent just screams yinzer hilljack. Buzz off.

Garrett, the gym rat multi-millionaire with that $20,500,000 signing bonus, essentially sees his future salary grow every time an edge-rusher FA signs a new deal as his rookie deal expires. His game checks are just gravy, and the time off saves him wear and tear. Sure, he wants to be out there, but an, "OK. Let's move on" attitude makes all the sense in the world for him.

Mason Rudolph, on the other hand, is desperately trying to prove that he isn't the flop- he seems to be as an NFL QB. Against the Browns - a huge rival - he was getting his south 40 plowed after having been on a fool's gold winning streak. He had great incentive to be very frustrated and angry, and he's playing for a head coach that seemingly teaches his players to bait opponents into anger.

Garrett has little incentive to lie. In the argument assuming Garrett's veracity, Rudolph HAS to lie and hope there is no proof showing up.

he's playing for a head coach that seemingly teaches his players to bait opponents into anger.

Seems like a few HC's are doing that with the Browns. Coming into week 1, Vrabel thought the Browns were undisciplined and could be baiting into doing stupid things. His Titans players egged on the Browns and the Browns players bit.

NFL Films has parabolic mics all over the place. I'd imagine they could pick up a dry fart from 50 yards.

Those are very directional for low volume especially. If I was behind one, I’d point it at the pile, but one has to see that there’s something of interest going on first.

Yet they claim they have no audio of this game.
I’ll say it again; they lost the spy-gate tapes, they acted they didn’t have Ray Rice video until TMZ broke it publicly, and those were old recording media. It’s much easier to hide things in the digital age.

Sounds like the nfl is coming out in support of him.
Sounds like the NFL is making an example of Garrett, actually. I totally get separating physical acts from verbal jabs. I took that approach in discipline with my sons.

Garrett really didn’t intend to fry Rudolph over his slur, anyway. He brought it up in a private forum when asked for info to illustrate his own state of mind to an arbiter, and the NFL leaked the comments. Why ? Shift attention ?

Sounds like the NFL is making an example of Garrett, actually. I totally get separating physical acts from verbal jabs. I took that approach in discipline with my sons.

Garrett really didn’t intend to fry Rudolph over his slur, anyway. He brought it up in a private forum when asked for info to illustrate his own state of mind to an arbiter, and the NFL leaked the comments. Why ? Shift attention ?
Well, duh, sure they are making an example of Garrett. He physically assaulted another player on the field. Lucky he didnt get a direct shot in.

Also, since Rudolph is pretty much getting off scott-free, they are supporting him. Which answers the question you posed. You remember your question, right?

I do remember, and aside from saying that there is no evidence of Rudolph’s slur of Garrett, the NFL is certainly not “coming out in support of” Rudolph’s character. You know damn well that was what I was referencing. Your boobery is an art in your eyes, I know, but it’s just tiresome to normal people.

I do remember, and aside from saying that there is no evidence of Rudolph’s slur of Garrett, the NFL is certainly not “coming out in support of” Rudolph’s character. You know damn well that was what I was referencing. Your boobery is an art in your eyes, I know, but it’s just tiresome to normal people.

Well, and no suspension. Of course the NFL is supporting him. That’s obvious in every way. You just sound even more stupid here.

Got this from someone I somewhat know (poster on another site) who works in the media....Audio of this likely exists. NFL Films would have to get permission from Rudolph to release the audio, which they'll never get. If this leaks, Mr Frat Boy Racist could sue them for millions.

Well, and no suspension. Of course the NFL is supporting him. That’s obvious in every way. You just sound even more stupid here.

I was obviously referring to people coming out in support of Mason Rudolph's character on the slur accusation aspect of the story. What is obvious in every way is your strawman trolling. OF COURSE the NFL brass is supporting a QB in a situation like this. It even adds to their desire to make an example of Garrett. They don't really do or say anything here particular to Rudolph and his value to either the Stillers or the league. They are trying to ignore the slur and focus only upon Garrett's physical act, even outside of Rudolph's multiple bad actions. NO one I've read vouches for Rudolph's character on his team, nor does the NFL. Quit twisting this up.

You're an idiot, but you've picked up at least one "like" from a different brand of idiot - so you've got that going for you. Good job, I guess.

Last edited:
Got this from someone I somewhat know (poster on another site) who works in the media....Audio of this likely exists. NFL Films would have to get permission from Rudolph to release the audio, which they'll never get. If this leaks, Mr Frat Boy Racist could sue them for millions.

Yup

I do know that the individual wearing a mic has to release the audio.

The recent flap over some of Darnold's micc'ed-up commentary is a testament to the Jets' stupidity. That could have been suppressed.

Yup

I do know that the individual wearing a mic has to release the audio.

The recent flap over some of Darnold's micc'ed-up commentary is a testament to the Jets' stupidity. That could have been suppressed.
Your obsessed...... keep it up idiot. Your throwing accusations and belittle people over someone who doesn't know you or gives a sh.t about you. Done with you. Have a good day. Ignore.

Nobody really knows the truth .... and to me it doesn't matter .... MS should not have swung the helmet ... period!!!!!

The story about the racial slur .... is irrelevant ... it doesn't make me think different ... personally I don't believe MG would make it up .... but that doesn't mean it happened either .... in many cases people often hear and see things differently when there is a conflict .... Myles might believe he heard it ... but it might have been someone else or some other word and he got it mixed up .... misremembered????... I really don't know and don't care .... he was wrong for swinging the helmet!

Your obsessed...... keep it up idiot. Your throwing accusations and belittle people over someone who doesn't know you or gives a sh.t about you. Done with you. Have a good day. Ignore.

Well, sure I am. And sure you are a weak and put me on ignore. Garsh. It all adds up. Quick - somebody clown-quote me!!

Your trash-heap QB started the fight, kept the fight going after deCastro separated them, and the NFL seems to be making a 6+ game example for what SHOULD BE a 4 game, just because Rudolph USED TO BE an NFL QB. That POS Tomlin told the Stillers to provoke fights just like he did in the Bengals' playoff game that Burfict and Pacman went nuts in. Tomlin cheaply won that game that year, and got Garrett tossed for a rematch game 17 days later this year.

Nobody really knows the truth .... and to me it doesn't matter .... MG should not have swung the helmet ... period!!!!!

Truth

The story about the racial slur .... is irrelevant ... it doesn't make me think different ... personally I don't believe MG would make it up .... but that doesn't mean it happened either .... in many cases people often hear and see things differently when there is a conflict .... Myles might believe he heard it ... but it might have been someone else or some other word and he got it mixed up .... misremembered????... I really don't know and don't care .... he was wrong for swinging the helmet!

I only care in that the slur should be considered for duration of Garrett's punishment - right along with the undeniable VIDEO proof that Rudolph (1)got inside Garrett's helmet first, (2)twisted it around and (3)tried to get it off, (5)all while kicking at Garrett's groin multiple times. THEN Rudolph kept the fight going by (6)chasing Garrett down after DeCastro separated them by >15 feet and finally (7)tried a cheap shot popping out behind DeCastro.

SEVEN distinctly aggressive actions aside from a slur ? If Rudolph was a lineman, Garrett might get 3 games for the helmet. Probably four.

If Rudolph had been another lineman, all the same events occur EXCEPT for the helmet, and Garrett breaks and bloodies his nose with a punch instead of a helmet whack, they both get two games AND Pouncey kicking at Garrett's head in the ground battle is the worst action and he gets 3 or 4 games.

The whole thing is a friggin' joke. If the next NFLPA isn't changed to replace unilateral Goodell power with a former player board for major punishments, the current players and agents are morons. They have to stand up here.

Last edited: