2019 Bengals

Dalton is serviceable and would do fine with some decent talent around him. I think he will have some opportunities maybe as soon as next season.

Being benched is the best thing that could have happened to Dalton because this ups his odds of being healthy when the time comes to go to a new team. If he kept playing with the O- line the Bengals have the best he could have hope for is that he would still be alive at the end of the season.

I think they have a chance Sunday. Pittsburgh offense is depleted. If Bengals can score 24 points that may be enough. Might be a tall order Steeler defense is top 10. Bengals will need some turnovers and short field.

I think they have a chance Sunday. Pittsburgh offense is depleted. If Bengals can score 24 points that may be enough. Might be a tall order Steeler defense is top 10. Bengals will need some turnovers and short field.

I’m thinking the Bengals will struggle to score any points this week.

Absolutely. Even before the injuries and suspensions it would not be a surprise. This Steelers team is b a d.

they should be thinking chase anyways.......inept

jtk
()

No. You're pissing in the wind until you get your franchise QB. I've had this argument on numerous occasions.

The Bengals are a train wreck. Dalton then Finley now back to Dalton? If they start Dalton yesterday they probably get their first W.

No. You're pissing in the wind until you get your franchise QB. I've had this argument on numerous occasions.

The Bengals are a train wreck. Dalton then Finley now back to Dalton? If they start Dalton yesterday they probably get their first W.
Gotta stay in line for #1, but no sense going 0-fer if you don’t have to

i don't disagree, but andy is serviceable. draft chase young this year. next year you are still going to suck and get a top pick. justin fields will be available or another qb. i know the bengals will take a qb but they have so many problems and don't trade or sign free agents so what does it really matter.

hell they couldve had lamar jackson.

jtk
()

i don't disagree, but andy is serviceable. draft chase young this year. next year you are still going to suck and get a top pick. justin fields will be available or another qb. i know the bengals will take a qb but they have so many problems and don't trade or sign free agents so what does it really matter.

hell they couldve had lamar jackson.

jtk
()

I don't think anyone knew about Lamar Jackson, including the Rats. If they were so high on him they would've burned their first pick on him versus a 3rd string TE.

And I don't disagree that Chase Young could be a generational pass rusher, better than both Bosa's. In hindsight, as a Browns fan, if I could have a "do over" of the 2017 draft I'd take Mahomes, or even Watson, over Myles Garrett and that has nothing to do with his recent suspension. I think Burrow will be a better pro than Fields.

The vast majority of teams that are at the bottom trade away their players to stockpile draft choices ( Dolphins, Browns) and build from scratch. The Bengals have chosen not to do that, but rather keep everyone and hopefully add some talent to their current roster. Is this foolish or something that others will follow in subsequent years? Or, will there be a fire sale at the end of the season? Is there a direction that the current ownership wants to take this team, or is it, indeed, rudderless and hopeless?

I don't think anyone knew about Lamar Jackson, including the Rats. If they were so high on him they would've burned their first pick on him versus a 3rd string TE.

And I don't disagree that Chase Young could be a generational pass rusher, better than both Bosa's. In hindsight, as a Browns fan, if I could have a "do over" of the 2017 draft I'd take Mahomes, or even Watson, over Myles Garrett and that has nothing to do with his recent suspension. I think Burrow will be a better pro than Fields.
Steve Bisccotti, their owner, wanted him. They traded back into the first to get him. It wasn't Ozzie or Harbaugh.

Much of Jackson's success is ALSO due to Ozzie re-working personnel for a Jackson-centric scheme, a top RB in Ingraham being available to add, and Greg Roman and Harbaugh together both completely re-scheming the offense and calling the right plays at the right time.

Doing all those things to compliment Lamar Jackson's talent with his off-season work to dramatically improve his accuracy have made a perfect storm. Jackson has surprised me, though, both in that he has improved his accuracy dramatically and also that he obviously picked up Russell Wilson's run game of knowing when to dip out and not take the hits. Later in last night's game he trended away from that sensibility. I was shocked they didn't get him out sooner.

Jackson may not be doing nearly as well on many other teams.

It often seems odd that so many early-pick QBs fail, while guys that were passed over succeed.

Often, though, it is the crappy organizations selecting early and shoe-horning QBs into their crappy systems with their bad players and their inferior coaching.

Selecting good complimentary players for a QB-complimentary scheme in an atmosphere of effective player development and calling the right plays are what spells success.

Maybe Mike Brown will sell the team ?

I have no faith the Browns have enough integrity to finish out the season strong, now that they’ve disgraced themselves even more. Need to bench Dalton to see what we got in Dolegala.

If only Andrew hadn't tried to tackle that 300 pound D lineman. Finish that year the way it could have, and who knows ? Maybe Mike actually holds it together, instead of letting everyone leave in FA and blaming Marvin.

Patriots cheating again. But of course nothing will happen to them, because they are the anointed ones.

Yeah it’s not like their star QB was suspended 4 games because of science. Definitely anointed ones. In all reality teams don’t even use hand signals anymore.