Division VI State Semifinal: Mechanicsburg (11-2) vs. Anna (12-1)

Who wins?

• Mechanicsburg by 15+

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Mechanicsburg by 8-14

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Mechanicsburg by 1-7

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Anna by 1-7

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Anna by 8-14

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Anna by 15+

Votes: 53 55.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don't be surprised if it is in Bellefontaine

I would be! Sure proud of the boys for giving us a chance to go where ever to see them play again!
But I'm sure we can drive to Anna and catch a bus with them the rest of the way to the I75 town we will play at and that will be fine. I know travel is doesn't have to be fair just as much as the fact 2 JR High shut outs matter.

The game is at Wapak

Bellefontaine hosted St Mary’s v Clear Fork just last year. Things went great. The OHSAA should at least have to explain why certain schools get a strangle hold on these games. Wapak isn’t exactly Sidney or Piqua. The only advantage they have is better visitor stands but Bellefontaine has bigger home stands and has brought in additional seating.

The $ brought into the boosters is a great boost to our budget. Unfortunately, the rich get richer.

The game is at Wapak. Only 3 schools put in to be hosts on Black Friday with Piqua and Wapak being 2 of them. Not sure who the other one was. OHSAA had State Semifinal sites finalized mid week regardless of who won any game.

I would be! Sure proud of the boys for giving us a chance to go where ever to see them play again!
But I'm sure we can drive to Anna and catch a bus with them the rest of the way to the I75 town we will play at and that will be fine. I know travel is doesn't have to be fair just as much as the fact 2 JR High shut outs matter.
Classic!!!!!

It would be interesting why bellefontaine gets passed up. Visitors is small and maybe they just don't have the juice in the power positions to get more games. I want to say the visitor seating may be a big issue. Bringing in extra bleachers generally is not that great.

I could see the traffic would be terrible

The game is at Wapak. Only 3 schools put in to be hosts on Black Friday with Piqua and Wapak being 2 of them. Not sure who the other one was. OHSAA had State Semifinal sites finalized mid week regardless of who won any game.
Surprised it was not Piqua unless some other division is playing at Piqua Friday night.

I can’t speak to how many schools, but I promise you Bellefontaine was one of them

Some of the complaining could be avoided if the OHSAA would just tell schools what they want in a “neutral” site. If the visitor seating is a concern, say so and then a school can either improve them or quit complaining.
I think the OHSAA remains vague, because they know there’s a lack of consistency in their choices.

I can understand if the game was sent to Sidney or Piqua. Those sites are clearly better than Bellefontaine. I’m just not sure Wapak is that much better.

It’s hard not to think that the admins at certain schools have ties to the OHSAA and get favored status

I can’t speak to how many schools, but I promise you Bellefontaine was one of them
Bellefontaine very well could of been that 3rd school. I think that would of been the better option for this game as it is a parking nightmare in Wapak.

why was Wapak chosen? i saw in the Springfield News Sun that it was already at Wapak, but i don’t know why. should be Piqua or even better BELLEFONTAINE

why was Wapak chosen? i saw in the Springfield News Sun that it was already at Wapak, but i don’t know why. should be Piqua or even better BELLEFONTAINE
All about who you know, man. I know for a fact that Brad Rex (wapak AD) and Jerry Snodgrass are good buddies. Which explains a lot. Wapak gets a game every week. All of those games used to go to Lima 4+ years ago. Not sure when Wapak got turf but since they did, they funnel a lot of games to Wapak. And wapak in itself is a great location. But the field is in a horrible location, not to mention the overall amenities suck. Would be much better if the stadium was out by the high school.

All about who you know, man. I know for a fact that Brad Rex (wapak AD) and Jerry Snodgrass are good buddies. Which explains a lot. Wapak gets a game every week. All of those games used to go to Lima 4+ years ago. Not sure when Wapak got turf but since they did, they funnel a lot of games to Wapak. And wapak in itself is a great location. But the field is in a horrible location, not to mention the overall amenities suck. Would be much better if the stadium was out by the high school.
Totally disagree except about the parking. I always park in the parking lot by the church, or park along the street north of the stadium. Little bit of a walk but not too bad.

As for the game Archbold dominated time of possession vs Anna just did not finish their drives. Anna is not a great defensive team if Mechanicsburg can control the clock and finish drives they can win this game. Biggest challenge for Mechanicsburg is stopping Anna's big play ability with Huelskamp and Bixler. I hope Anna wins but I will predict Mechanicsburg 28 - Anna 21. Just can't let Anna get too far ahead otherwise they will take you out of your game plan offensively.