Akron City Series 2019-2020

hubman

Akron City Series 2019-2020
Can somebody come get the Griffs, they graduated Jon King but returned the rest of the house? Firestone has eight seniors but lost Lane and Lafette Johnson? Will Ellet make any noise?
Who are the players to watch? Any big time transfers?

High school basketball: Buchtel ready to continue reign over City Series; Firestone welcomes back former girls coach

Buchtel, Chris Livingston and Co. still learning after state final four run: 2019 preseason basketball tour

Hubman, since Lane transferred to Buchtel after his expulsion from Firestone, will he be playing basketball for the Griffs?

Wow I didn't even know he was at Buchtel, I'll do some asking around. I know the rules regarding participation of discipline transfers has been fluid the last couple of years.

In one year Firestone lost their best returning football, basketball, wrestling and track athlete, ouch!!

As a proud graduate of Garfield High School, I really think KenGar has the right coach at the helm and will continue improve if he stays.

Buchtel is going to crush everyone but Ellet

Ellet has enough talent and should be able to compete with Buchtel, though Buchtel will be better.

1.Buchtel

2.Ellet

3-6.Everyone else

I'm anxious to see how long Futch survives after the Livingston run.
I'm not sure you have the gap between Buchtel and Ellet wide enough! Then again, you also may not have the gap between Ellet and everyone else wide enough either! :D

I'm not sure you have the gap between Buchtel and Ellet wide enough! Then again, you also may not have the gap between Ellet and everyone else wide enough either! :D

No, actually it's pretty accurate.

Stick to private school basketball, the rest of us will handle public school kids that play pridefully for their community.

Matt Futch is a good man and influence on the players as well as a good coach. Why do you think he may not “survive”?

Might be a good person, he's not a good coach.
Without Livingston the Griffs would be very average under Futch. Dont take it from me, ask around on the west side.

As a proud graduate of Garfield High School, I really think KenGar has the right coach at the helm and will continue improve if he stays.

Buchtel is going to crush everyone but Ellet

Ellet has enough talent and should be able to compete with Buchtel, though Buchtel will be better.

Buchtel will destroy Ellet. Luckily for the Orange the City is terrible again.

No, actually it's pretty accurate.

Stick to private school basketball, the rest of us will handle public school kids that play pridefully for their community.
Ha! You're funny... More than a little touchy... But funny none the less...

Might be a good person, he's not a good coach.
Without Livingston the Griffs would be very average under Futch. Dont take it from me, ask around on the west side.
I live on the west side, work on the west side, talk to many players & fans on the west side and do not hear this.
Futch first year he had the best record in the city without Livingston. I believe he even beat a talented Ellet team 2 out of 3 times. Was he no good that year too?

Rumor is that the Livingston twins won’t be playing with Buchtel anymore.. the scrimmage against Brush and Medina things didn’t go well

Rumor is that the Livingston twins won’t be playing with Buchtel anymore.. the scrimmage against Brush and Medina things didn’t go well
I hope that this is not the case. Having them there has been great for Buchtel, for the City Series, and, quite frankly, for Akron. I was looking forward to watching him play over the next few years.

So who is to blame? Livingston? The Coaches? Teammates? Parents? Community? Sign of the times?

Why does there have to be blame? How about the family made a decision based on what they feel is best for Chris and Cordell.
Because that’s not the case. You don’t start a season with a team and all of a sudden say hmm it’s something better for Chris.

I hope things can get corrected and they are both playing for Buchtel this season. These next couple of years could be very exciting for HS basketball in the area.