Top QB ranking in stark county area ?

Herb56

I will start with my opinion of 1.Longwell 2.Ashby 3. Blair and I base this off of seeing all three play, yes some play better competition some also have plenty of D1 players around them and which one is being recruited the most . Make this a good forum and go ! More details to follow !

I will start with my opinion of 1.Longwell 2.Ashby 3. Blair and I base this off of seeing all three play, yes some play better competition some also have plenty of D1 players around them and which one is being recruited the most . Make this a good forum and go ! More details to follow !
And I would have to throw Louisville qb in the mix he's pretty good too !

Thatd been my list.

I have seen Longwell and Blair- very similar players. Very smooth, calm in the pocket and have great arms. I think Blair is going to put on some more weight and is perhaps more of a running threat in 2020. Both are great leaders, teammates and tough as hell!! I am not going to discount the competition level so Longwell has the edge there. Sandy Valley puts more responsibility on Blair, they would not be near as successful without him him. If I had to give an edge to one of them it would be Longwell, but you cannot go wrong with Blair. I haven’t seen Ashby but it sounds like he is the most recruitable.

Griener from marlington is really good too.. he is similar to Longwell and Blair.

Not that Longwell is bad by any means... but he has some great receivers. Is he a better QB than Zwick or Kempt? I'd be inclined to say Martin and Huth would have great numbers with 3 years of these receivers too?

Not that Longwell is bad by any means... but he has some great receivers. Is he a better QB than Zwick or Kempt? I'd be inclined to say Martin and Huth would have great numbers with 3 years of these receivers too?
He does have major receivers but he can really sling it !

He does have major receivers but he can really sling it !
Oh no question. So could a dozen other past Tiger QB's. I guess I'm hesitant to label him the GOAT strictly on numbers. I'd imagine several others would have put up the numbers in his situation as well.

[/QUOTE]

Those other guys had playmakers too. Jordan, Ashcraft, Relford, Gamble, Conley, etc.

Great wr's do not always have great qb's. Rarely do great qb's have no one to throw too.

Also, Longwell has a legit D behind him and running game (and running clocks) otherwise he'd have about 100 more attempts with numbers off the chart. Very little stat stuffing this year.

Last edited:

Those other guys had playmakers too. Jordan, Ashcraft, Relford, Gamble, Conley, etc.

Great wr's do not always have great qb's. Rarely do great qb's have no one to throw too.

Also, Longwell has a legit D behind him and running game (and running clocks) otherwise he'd have about 100 more attempts with numbers off the chart. Very little stat stuffing this year.
[/QUOTE]
And a kid named Smith who is doing OK these days.

Blair, underclassman, focal point of the offense since he enrolled in High School, GREAT measurables (& probably still growing/filling out). The other 2 are great, but he does a lot with significantly less than the other two. Just like a pitcher in baseball his footage translates to any team, offense, or situation.

Here is an interest article from WHBC. It supports my position of having more than just 2 QBS on the this years WHBC All County Team.
Blame the rest of the coaches in the county or
Baum didn’t push hard enough for his kids at the meeting. After it was announced I thought it was odd that Hoover didn’t have anyone on the team at all, no support from other fed coaches ? Or is Baum rubbing people the wrong way ?? Especially since Hoover had kids make it on the all district team that is voted on by the local press (which isn’t saying much either).

Blame the rest of the coaches in the county or
Baum didn’t push hard enough for his kids at the meeting. After it was announced I thought it was odd that Hoover didn’t have anyone on the team at all, no support from other fed coaches ? Or is Baum rubbing people the wrong way ?? Especially since Hoover had kids make it on the all district team that is voted on by the local press (which isn’t saying much either).
What does a coaches standing or a coaches ability to promote a player have to do with a players election to a post season award? Shouldn't that player's performance be the determining factor. WHBC has stated in their article that three of this years quarterbacks are included in the best 5 players at their respective high school for the last 75 years. Doesn't it seem odd that one of them is not included on this years team and is a first team all district selection? I'm just saying WHBC has to evaluate their process and make some changes.

Last edited: