2019 Pittsburgh Steelers

It’s not really an endorsement of Samuels to say he’s better than Conner. Conner has a few good weeks last year but has largely been average since. Samuels is quicker and a better receiver. Neither are long term solutions.

The OL is missing Munchak. Both the run blocking and pass protection have taken a huge step backward this year.

Pouncey’s backup is BJ Finney. I don’t know much about him.

Last edited:
I don't get the first part. From what I've seen of Samuels, not impressed. I also think Connor is more of a JAG and pretty easily replaceable but Pittsburgh hasn't had that bell cow since the drama queen (Lev Bell) decided to take his ball and go home.

As far as the O-Line goes, do they have a suitable backup to fill in for Pouncey. I actually like Villanueva and he's got to be breathing a sign of relief that he doesn't have to block "Whack-A-Mole" in two weeks.
Villanueva is currently my favorite Steeler with his background. Simply outstanding. He did have a bad game vs Cleveland and I expect better moving forward

Went to the game probably 60-40 Steelers fans maybe more it’s really kind of surreal to have absolutely no home field advantage. Rudolph has zero pocket presence Tomlin had to make the move. Duck didn’t light it up but he was much more comfortable than MR in the pocket. Steeler defense did what they needed to do. For what it’s worth they are the 6th seed again. But realistically they may only win 1 more game unless they get some breaks.

I expect a bunch of hillbillies to show up to the game with their duck calls
Home fans I presume. I have Browns season tickets and never see hilljack types to be honest

Kind of laughable for cincy, Pittsburgh or west Virginia people to call anyone else hillbillies

Villanueva hasn’t been good at all this year. The OL as a whole has been pretty bad
He should look a little better this coming weekend. Garrett appeared to be getting so deep up under him at times that he was lifting big tall Alejandro off his feet.

Our offense will have to do better, since Hodges should be more effective than that pile, #2. So long, duke Rudolph.

You have to give Tomlin credit this year. This team is pretty much a hot mess at best on offense, yet they’ve grinded enough to have a 50/50 shot at the playoffs.

I agree, give credit where credit is due. They get to 9 if they beat the Cards and the Jets , both on the road, and games the Steelers have historically struggled in. If they can beat the Bills at home on Sunday night then maybe they can stumble in one of those games. Historically they play well in Primetime. Also they have the Ravens week 16. If the Ravens are set then maybe Harbaugh sits Jackson and some others. Tomlin has done that in week 16. Almost lost to a winless Browns team a few years ago with starters sitting.

Have had their issues with Heinz Field West over the years it seems and MT teams generally suck against bad competition on the west coast, but this team seems different as they pretty much suck and don't take these teams for granted like some of the good teams in the past. I see a 9-7 final record and tie the Browns.

Cleveland would then have a 8-4 AFC record and the steelers at best would be at 7-5 so on the outside looking in.

I had to double check but the analysis I was looking at didn’t even mention the Browns. Last team on the list was the Raiders. Lol

I had to double check but the analysis I was looking at didn’t even mention the Browns. Last team on the list was the Raiders. Lol
I don't know why people are dismissing Cleveland the rest of the season.

Bengals x 2 = 2 wins.
Cardinals = win.

The kicker will be the Old Browns. They beat them at in Balt already so a win at home against the Ratbirds is plausible. 9-7 will get them in.

I don't know why people are dismissing Cleveland the rest of the season.

Bengals x 2 = 2 wins.
Cardinals = win.

The kicker will be the Old Browns. They beat them at in Balt already so a win at home against the Ratbirds is plausible. 9-7 will get them in.
I get what you’re saying but the team I saw Sunday will be pressed by both the Bengals and the Cards and I’m not sure how they beat the Ravens the first time but I can’t see them scheming to slow down Jackson or score much on that defense.

I agree with irwin20. Cleveland fans need to stop penciling in victories. Five weeks ago their fans were saying they are going on a run and will be 7-5. Well they are 5-7 with a 3-2 mark over the last 5 games of the 'easy' schedule. The Browns are a talented dysfunctional team. They can beat anyone and lose to anyone. Smashed Baltimore and lost to unheralded QBs in Denver and Pittsburgh. As far as the playoffs, besides Pittsburgh there is also the Titans, Raiders and Colts ahead of them. Take the Steelers fan mindset and worry about the next game only. I dont care how much Arizona is struggling, Pittsburgh needs to come out fired up to meet a team thirsty for action. Cleveland better watch out for Andy Dalton, who either playing for his job or auditioning for a 2020 team in need of a veteran QB.

I’m trying to figure out what Berry saw on that punt fiasco. At first I thought Tomlin had called a fake and I said well Tomlin just lost coach of the year consideration. Anyhow Duck did good enough and didn’t kill them. Tough one next week in the Bills.

Last edited: