Gameday Thread

Alabama should be out since they have no big wins. LSU is basically a lock now and probably the heavy favorite. OSU has played no one so far but should end the season with 3 big games. Weird schedule

Clemson in 2019 will not play a ranked team. They also didn't play a ranked team in 2018 and won it all. In 2016, they lost to an unranked Pitt, got in and won it all.

You play who is on your schedule. If you lose, its less about who you've beaten and more about that loss. That Purdue loss is what killed OSU last year. Oklahoma loss to Texas, then got a chance to play them again. If OSU were to have gotten in last year, IMO they could have won it all...… and I hate Ohio State with a passion.

Bama may not have played anyone but they're still winning games by 4 TD's, just like last season and giving up 19 compared to 15. They may have lost to the only "good" team they've played, but they're the best 1 loss team in the country. Its shaping up that a 1 loss team gets in again this season.

tOSU has lopsided wins against 3 teams ranked in the top 25, Cincy-17, @ Indiana-24, and Wisy-15.

Not taking anything away from OSU in those wins. I think they're the best overall team this year. But, like I said, you play who's on your schedule. Of any of the top 4-5-6 teams in the country...… would the scores have been any different v. those 3?

Did anybody else catch that targeting hit in the weeknight #MACtion between Toledo and NIU? Yikes. That may have been the worst hit I've ever seen in a college game.

That dude should be done for the year. Toledo's coach only suspended him for 2 quarters beyond the penalty for the targeting ejection.

Not taking anything away from OSU in those wins. I think they're the best overall team this year. But, like I said, you play who's on your schedule. Of any of the top 4-5-6 teams in the country...… would the scores have been any different v. those 3?

Considering Clemson almost lost to UNC, possibly.

Tua taken off the field on cart. Couldn't put any weight on his ankle at all. Not saying he wouldn't have gotten hurt anyway, but maybe it wasn't such a good idea by St. Saban to bring him back so soon.

If Tua is out for the year, i wonder what other SEC team other than Georgia will ESPN start hyping now for the 4 spot.

If Tua is out for the year, i wonder what other SEC team other than Georgia will ESPN start hyping now for the 4 spot.
SEC has to hope Georgia wins out and beats #1 LSU. Then both get in. If LSU wins out it’s probably just them in the playoffs from the SEC

I detest Iowa under Ferentz. As an OSU fan, they never win the games you need them to win, and they always win the games you don’t want them to win.

Houston leading Memphis 20-14

Gophers going down

Auburn’s offense needs to do...something
Gus will be back home at Arkansas in a month. Auburn will be once again looking for that coach that can somehow get them the upper hand on Bama.

I detest Iowa under Ferentz. As an OSU fan, they never win the games you need them to win, and they always win the games you don’t want them to win.
They live to spoil other teams seasons. I have to say, I respect the hell out of them.

Burrow goes for 489 yards passing. Sets LSU single season passing record. He’s at 3,687 passing yards. #1 SEC is 4275 yards. No surprise the kid that owns the Ohio high school scoring records is destroying the SEC

OSU will catch some crap this week giving up 21 garbage points to Rutgers while LSU will catch none giving up 30+ to Ole Miss. Granted Ole Miss is better than Rutgers, but cleaely the OSU playbook was closed with the goal to get the starters out fast and not risk injury.

OSU will catch some crap this week giving up 21 garbage points to Rutgers while LSU will catch none giving up 30+ to Ole Miss. Granted Ole Miss is better than Rutgers, but cleaely the OSU playbook was closed with the goal to get the starters out fast and not risk injury.
The B1G has done Ohio State no favors. Every time the Buckeyes get a top five game in sight, it’s blown up. Illinois takes down Wisky...Minnesota takes down Penn State..,Iowa takes down Minnesota. Michigan, of course, ruined their season early and took two losses. All the Buckeyes can do is to keep steamrolling the garbage, because the league itself has not allowed the truly big game.

LSU defense is hot garbage. Can we stop pretending Texas and Auburn are good wins for them? My goodness, that Auburn offense is terrible.

LSU defense is hot garbage. Can we stop pretending Texas and Auburn are good wins for them? My goodness, that Auburn offense is terrible.
Didnt OSU give up 26 points to NAIA Rutgers? LSU was up 30 at half. Both Ole Miss and Rutgers scored their points in garbage time

Well, Fields came out of the game early in the 3rd when they went up 42-7. Rutgers scored 21, 14 against the backups.

LSU was up 24 at half, 16 early in the 3rd and it was an 11 point game halfway through the 3rd. Ole Miss was within 14 with 8 minutes to go. Game was well within reach the entire 2nd half. Ole Miss rushed for 400 yards. How do you give up 400 yards rushing to a sub .500 team? Ole Miss had 2 200 yard rushers.

My point remains, LSU defense is hot garbage.

LSU defense this year is not that good; their offense is second in the NCAA.
According to the computer models, Ole Miss would be 21 pt favorites against Rutgers; not sure what any game against Rutgers proves other than Rutgers is a very bad program.
Ohio St should be #1 in the playoff poll based on their play this year, but this weekend didn't prove anything.

Didnt OSU give up 26 points to NAIA Rutgers? LSU was up 30 at half. Both Ole Miss and Rutgers scored their points in garbage time

That didn't take long. LSU was playing there starters from beginning to end. OSU starters were out by the 3rd quarter and had 14 scored on the backups. The first 7 came after a muffed punt. OSU was playing with a closed playbook to give as little study as possible for the next two weeks with the goal simply to rest the starters and get out of NJ with no injuries. The LSU starting defense gave up 400 rushing yards.

Hypothetically, let's assume Clemson and Ohio State win out. Georgia beats LSU in the SEC Championship. Georgia get's in. Who is the 4th playoff team? LSU, Oregon vs Utah winner, or Oklahoma? With a LSU loss, seeding would be 1. OSU 2. Clemson, 3. Georgia, 4?

If Georgia beats LSU in the SEC championship, there is no question LSU would get in. The committee values a 1 loss SEC team much more than a 1 loss Big 12 or Pac 12 team. It's been obvious in the 1st two rankings they released.