2019 D2/R6

I have not heard much about TCC this year.......they play such a rugged schedule........just looking at the results from games and who they played....they will be a tough out

all familiar, but who would you rather see in the semi's.....Hoban/Massillon winner or TCC (this is assuming TCC wins because if they lose we would automatically be playing Hoban/Massillon winner.

I guess its pick your poison......but I think i would rather avoid Hoban/Massillon winner as long as possible.
I’ve always hoped for Avon vs Massillon for the state title. They are the first opponent the Eagles crack pads with to open every season in that first scrimmage, and I’ve always wanted it to go full circle and be the last team faced in a Week 15. So for that to happen, facing TCC in Week 14 would be a must.

It’s fun to speculate and dream, but Avon has to battle Avon Lake to get anywhere, and it’s going to be a war.

speaking of TCC....that game Avon played last year was amazing....i think their best win in program history.....

all familiar, but who would you rather see in the semi's.....Hoban/Massillon winner or TCC (this is assuming TCC wins because if they lose we would automatically be playing Hoban/Massillon winner.

I guess its pick your poison......but I think i would rather avoid Hoban/Massillon winner as long as possible.
Definitely not Massillo
Dave Dlugosz might not sleep all week - haha
CJB would this be the second time we face AL in the playoffs?? I remember the game a few years back where they took us out on our home field in round one.

And of course there’s the fact that Avon was/is the superior team and program right now . But pish/posh.
I tried to warn a few Benny posters that it isn’t Avon’s first rodeo (not Auggie...he was excellent with the info and comments all week). Benedictine has a fantastic history, and they can certainly get back to being a state-level program again, but right now....yes, Avon is the superior program. The SWC takes a fair share of criticism, and I agree it was overall down this year, but this is the second time in three years we have an all-SWC regional final. And it guarantees a SWC team in the state semis three straight seasons.

I tried to warn a few Benny posters that it isn’t Avon’s first rodeo (not Auggie...he was excellent with the info and comments all week). Benedictine has a fantastic history, and they can certainly get back to being a state-level program again, but right now....yes, Avon is the superior program. The SWC takes a fair share of criticism, and I agree it was overall down this year, but this is the second time in three years we have an all-SWC regional final. And it guarantees a SWC team in the state semis three straight seasons.
Hey CJB congrats to the The Fighting Frombachs!
IMPRESSIVE where the program at Avon is currently.
You are blessed there to have one of the best coaches around who has built that Culture there.
Much respect and as usual rooting for you guys.

Hey CJB congrats to the The Fighting Frombachs!
IMPRESSIVE where the program at Avon is currently.
You are blessed there to have one of the best coaches around who has built that Culture there.
Much respect and as usual rooting for you guys.
I wouldn’t trade our coach and AD for anyone. This is Coach Elder’s finest job. To get back to this level, at a closed enrollment school, with the injuries to key players they have sustained is amazing. It’s a testament to the work the staff and players put in. All credit goes to them. I don’t know how long this year’s playoff run will last, but no matter when it ends this team has earned its praise.

Coach K is running a great program at Avon Lake, as did Coach D before him (Laird, too), so this one will be a battle.

To people who think high school football is defined by the number of kids you have with “offers”, and what max preps says and 40 yard dash times, the SWC is suspect.

But to those who are more impressed by well coached, proud, tough football teams and programs, the SWC is where it’s at. Theyre will always be a Cleveland Central Catholic, a Shaker and a team from Canada in the conference, but pound for pound it’s good football.

Last edited:
WOW...WOW....WOW

Avon vs Bennies (49-28) - I would consider this a big surprise victory for Avon especially when you consider the unbelievable injuries they have sustained...Wish I could have seen this game.....would have love to see how Avon pulled it together....

Avon Lake vs Wadsworth (31-21) - Streamed this on OHSAA.....Was a great game.......very nice tailback from Wadsworth....reminded me a little of Riggs from Avon Lake last year. In the third, I thought Wadsworth was going to pull away......but the turnovers killed them in this game.........

Now for the Epic Showdown that I was hoping for: Shoremen vs Eagles for Regional Championship and trip to State Semi's.

That's the good news.....the bad news is....I cant go to the game....and its KILLING me......

I saw the game--or at least the first 3 quarters. Avon dominated. Everything Avon ran on offense worked. They seemed to get a minimum of 4 yards on every single play. Benedictine scored 28, but 7 came off of an opening kick return for a TD and Avon fumbled at their own 20 setting up an easy Bengal score. Avon was EXTREMELY impressive with their dual-threat QB. He had Benedictine's defense off-balance. The Eagles could have scored 70 if they really wanted to. I don't know how much of that was poor Benedictine defense, but I was led to believe that they were very good this year.

Watching the game it felt like the teams were close to evenly matched with Wadsworth as the slightly better team. Just too many mistakes. Crucial penalties and turnovers. Can’t turn the ball over that many times or commit that many fouls against a good team and come out with the win. It was a great season for the Grizzlies just hate to see it end that way for those boys. Give credit to Avon Lake. They capitalized on those mistakes and did what they needed to do to secure the win. Good luck to Avon Lake moving forward. They will be playing a banged up Avon team and judging by their first meeting will have a great chance to make the final 4.

CJB...did you go to the avon game? if so.....just out of curiosity.....how did they handle using thier 3rd string QB....did they avoid passing and go run heavy..maybe with alot of QB runs as well....or did they sling it...??

Its was primarily running the ball with the QB. They started 1 Qb (#18 and he threw it well). Then they changed Qbs and he ran all over Benedictine. Bendictine had no answers for their run game. Avon never punted and scored at will will chunk plays mostly on the ground. Wish I would have went to to Avon Lake vs. Wadsworth game instead.

You mean hoban mayfield lol.

That would have been awesome to see as well. I picked the wrong game for sure, but it was 1 of the 2 that I had the most interest in. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

I posted on another thread that I really wish this next week that I could see:
Ed's vs. Mentor on Friday
Hoban vs. Massillon 1:00 Saturday
Avon vs. Avon Lake 7:00 Saturday

I would love that!!