Pac 2019

Manchester vs. Garaway should be an interesting game. Common opponent in Indian Valley, which neither team fared very well against. Feel like Garaway is a lot like Northwest in style and athleticism. Going to be 4 and 5 wide for most of the game but will do some double tight stack I at times. Should be a good game. Garaway has struggled with some of the better IVC athletes in Tingle from Ridgewood and Love from IV. Neither are #7.

Orrville vs. Pleasant is another decent matchup of two storied small school programs. Does Pleasant go ball control and try to limit Orrville's possessions? If they try and get in a track meet, Orrville will run away with this one imo. Pleasant has a decent schedule playing teams like Clear Fork, Shelby, Galion and River Valley, but none of those teams have a #21.

CVCA vs. Perry is definitely the toughest matchup for the PAC this week. Perry is averaging 50 points a game en route to a 11-0 record. Schedule's are hard to compare because Perry plays a D4 and up schedule, but CVCA has played the tougher competition for the most part with Aurora, Revere, Orrville, Manchester and Northwest. 3 of those teams are still practicing this week. Both teams played last year so there is some familiarity there.

Manchester vs. Garaway should be an interesting game. Common opponent in Indian Valley, which neither team fared very well against. Feel like Garaway is a lot like Northwest in style and athleticism. Going to be 4 and 5 wide for most of the game but will do some double tight stack I at times. Should be a good game. Garaway has struggled with some of the better IVC athletes in Tingle from Ridgewood and Love from IV. Neither are #7.

Orrville vs. Pleasant is another decent matchup of two storied small school programs. Does Pleasant go ball control and try to limit Orrville's possessions? If they try and get in a track meet, Orrville will run away with this one imo. Pleasant has a decent schedule playing teams like Clear Fork, Shelby, Galion and River Valley, but none of those teams have a #21.

CVCA vs. Perry is definitely the toughest matchup for the PAC this week. Perry is averaging 50 points a game en route to a 11-0 record. Schedule's are hard to compare because Perry plays a D4 and up schedule, but CVCA has played the tougher competition for the most part with Aurora, Revere, Orrville, Manchester and Northwest. 3 of those teams are still practicing this week. Both teams played last year so there is some familiarity there.

Ive - great summaries.

Garaway has to know they're not going to control anything defensively and should just throw like there's no tomorrow. Panthers can pound them, but one thing to keep in mind is 3 of the 4 games since NW have been played at France field. Louisville turf will give Garaway a chance to get guys in space and move the ball on them.

Pleasant looks like a scoring machine who could care less about stopping teams (twice teams have scored 44 against them & lost). Then last week they play a 7-6 game. Normally whichever team gets 5 defensive stops first wins, but in this one that number might go down to 3.

Perry is tough, but ironically, week 11 was only the 2nd playoff team they've faced all year & only 3rd team with a winning record. CVCA has seen 4 playoff participants & 8 of the 11 on their schedule finished above .500. Royals are definite 'dogs, but think they'll be able to put up some points and keep thing interesting. Worst part of that game will be the parking at Maple Hts.

Orrville has fared well against teams west of Mansfield that come in with big offensive numbers (ask Genoa...twice). I won't be shocked if it's a close game, but don't see it being a high scoring shootout.

Great summary.
Predictions?
I've got:
Manchester in a blowout.
Orrville in a blowout.
CVCA pulls off a squeaker and gets revenge for last year.
3 PAC teams in the regional finals.

Great summary.
Predictions?
I've got:
Manchester in a blowout.
Orrville in a blowout.
CVCA pulls off a squeaker and gets revenge for last year.
3 PAC teams in the regional finals.

I like it. Go PAC Go!!

Also great to see 2 PAC stars land on Fox8's Player of the Year nominations. Parks is in 4th and Wright is 1st as of right now.

Fan vote is 20% of the total, so guessing each guy on the show fills out a ballot.

I like it. Go PAC Go!!

Also great to see 2 PAC stars land on Fox8's Player of the Year nominations. Parks is in 4th and Wright is 1st as of right now.

Fan vote is 20% of the total, so guessing each guy on the show fills out a ballot.
I saw that. What a testament to the league that in NE Ohio 2 of the 10 "best" (or most recognized) players play in the PAC!

Also, Panther fans might want Wright to finish 2nd in this poll. If I remember right last year the Charleston kid from Gilmour won FNT's POY and then got knocked out of their 2nd round game with Orrville. in 2017 Wadsworth's Baughman won it and they lost in week 12 as well.

I saw that. What a testament to the league that in NE Ohio 2 of the 10 "best" (or most recognized) players play in the PAC!

Also, Panther fans might want Wright to finish 2nd in this poll. If I remember right last year the Charleston kid from Gilmour won FNT's POY and then got knocked out of their 2nd round game with Orrville. in 2017 Wadsworth's Baughman won it and they lost in week 12 as well.
rg, my crystal ball says the St. Ed's kid should win it because of the level of competition he played against vs Wright.

Good luck to Mr. Wright as he evaluates his options going forward. Lots of adults like to come down on players for de-committing, but they're high school kids with big choices to make. It's not easy. I hope he winds up in the best possible place for him.

I just heard huge news about Ethan Wright. But I will let someone else spill the beans. OH!!

Last edited:
What is the fascination with the AHIGA donut? Lmao

I think it is extremely disrespectful and seems to only be pushed by one poster...who is about to get blocked by me. Tired of know-it-alls that want to disrespect a new tradition that a school is trying to make.

That said, good luck to all of the PAC teams this weekend! Hoping for 3 more wins!

And in regards to NW, like Brown's fans say...wait until next year!

Good luck to Mr. Wright as he evaluates his options going forward. Lots of adults like to come down on players for de-committing, but they're high school kids with big choices to make. It's not easy. I hope he winds up in the best possible place for him.
I have to question his timing of this announcement. I think he should have waited until their season was over, but it's always been about him. He is a changed young man the past 2 years.

I have to question his timing of this announcement. I think he should have waited until their season was over, but it's always been about him. He is a changed young man the past 2 years.

of all your misguided and delusional posts, this is both the latest and one of the worst

I think it is extremely disrespectful and seems to only be pushed by one poster...who is about to get blocked by me. Tired of know-it-alls that want to disrespect a new tradition that a school is trying to make.
Out of respect, I will retire that offensive phrase. Cant take credit for creating it just introducing it to the thread. A fully lubricated fella on the fence at Manchester shouted “how you like that donut?!” at the end of y’alls game & his buddy responded with “AHIGA!” I laughed the whole way home.

New traditions are a good thing. At least some of them. RIP to “TTIO” as well

of all your misguided and delusional posts, this is both the latest and one of the worst
37, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that I think the timing is wrong. Unless he's going to say where he is going, he's just taking all the attention from the Playoff game and making it about him. It's been about him for 2 years. That's fine, if you like that kind of stuff. Personally, I don't. I think he should be focused on this week's game, not his news.

Good luck to Mr. Wright in his decision for the next level. Any college is getting a great player! What do the Panther faithful think of him switching positions in college to a DB possibly?

Out of respect, I will retire that offensive phrase. Cant take credit for creating it just introducing it to the thread. A fully lubricated fella on the fence at Manchester shouted “how you like that donut?!” at the end of y’alls game & his buddy responded with “AHIGA!” I laughed the whole way home.

New traditions are a good thing. At least some of them. RIP to “TTIO” as well
I still wish NW used Synergy.....AHIGA seems cool but not after losing 39-0 to Xanchester lol

When we played at Northwest, they gave the Ahiga presentation, and the honorary person was a family member of a prominent community member who had just passed away (father of a player). It was certainly an emotional and meaningful moment for Northwest, so when I saw the "Ahiga donut" thing on Yappi a few weeks later, I, personally, thought it was disrespectful to that family.

When we played at Northwest, they gave the Ahiga presentation, and the honorary person was a family member of a prominent community member who had just passed away (father of a player). It was certainly an emotional and meaningful moment for Northwest, so when I saw the "Ahiga donut" thing on Yappi a few weeks later, I, personally, thought it was disrespectful to that family.
Pit, that was a horrible, horrible tragedy for that family & community. In no way, shape or form were the two connected. But thank you for insinuating that. I’ll go ahead & delete my account now.

Pit, that was a horrible, horrible tragedy for that family & community. In no way, shape or form were the two connected. But thank you for insinuating that. I’ll go ahead & delete my account now.
To be fair, I don't know what the Ahiga ceremony was like at all the other games, and I wasn't trying to say anybody was purposefully being disrespectful to that family. I doubt whoever coined they phrase knew what it possibly meant to that family. But having seen that ceremony with the family myself, when I hear Ahiga, that's what I think of. When communities try new mantras (T.T.T.I.O.), they are bound to get mocked. Par for the course.

When I heard the phrase Ahiga donut I thought it was pretty funny. If you remember all the banter that week on Yappi that week between the 2 communities was pretty high. Many don't know this but it was planned that if Northwest won that game they were going to try and plant their flag on the Manchester 50 yard line ala Baker Mayfield at tOSU. There was more talking coming for the Northwest side about running up the score on what appeared to be a Manchester team that had lost its way. The Indians went out and put up a 0 spot and the term was coined. It is and was not disrespectful to the family. It's a direct reference to a game that the team that did all the talking and had a post game flag planting planned on a home field of another team got a beat down. AHIGA donut is like The Drive and The Fumble. It's PAC 7 lore now. We can choose to ignore it but it happened, when were all having a beer with our buddies it will be the thing we chuckle about when we talk about the 2019 PAC football season.