Louisville Leopards Football 2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you feel if your child didn’t get an honor they should have deserved because the coach didn’t not attend a meeting? I bet the parent would be more upset the the athlete.

I saw a picture on WHBC and he was clearly not in it.

I'm pretty sure that picture is from the August preview at St. Haralambos. Does this look like the same room?

maxresdefault.jpg

Problems for Louisville...
1. You fired a good coach in Demarco. Not a perfect one, but good one. All because you let a few elitist loud mouths from Louisville run your district.
2. You didn’t get the applicants you hoped for so you asked a half dozen people to apply. Half or more of whom withdrew their application before you made a decision.
3. You now feel that you “have” to make twiddy work out in Louisville or the BOE (Jon) and Super and Admin will look stupid for firing quality only to replace with a circus performer.
4. If you have to swallow pride and embarrassly move away from this guy, decent coaches won’t be knocking down the door for this job. It isn’t a desirable job(this truth is the dagger to “Leps” backers).
5. Lastly, it is sad for the seniors and die hard Leopard fans. My only suggestion, “Take back you town”.
Good Luck Louisville

How would you feel if your child didn’t get an honor they should have deserved because the coach didn’t not attend a meeting? I bet the parent would be more upset the the athlete.
The athlete did the work in the weight room, at practice, and on Friday night. As a parent I wouldn't be happy, but the athlete is the person who busted his butt for the coach. He's the one who deserves to look the coach in the eye and demand an explanation. Both the parents and the athlete should get the respect of the coach, but the athlete is the only one who earned it with effort and butt chewings.

The athlete did the work in the weight room, at practice, and on Friday night. As a parent I wouldn't be happy, but the athlete is the person who busted his butt for the coach. He's the one who deserves to look the coach in the eye and demand an explanation. Both the parents and the athlete should get the respect of the coach, but the athlete is the only one who earned it with effort and butt chewings.
I kind of agree, but when I played I busted my butt for my family and my town. I wanted to please my coach, but I didnt bust my butt for him. I would rather make my parents proud of me before my coach. My coach put me up for all county (1st team), and made me mvp. I will tell you this, my father would have blown up if our coach didn’t show up for all county nominations. He would have been way more upset than me. I would have been crushed, but my father would be way more upset!!!!!

I kind of agree, but when I played I busted my butt for my family and my town. I wanted to please my coach, but I didnt bust my butt for him. I would rather make my parents proud of me before my coach. My coach put me up for all county (1st team), and made me mvp. I will tell you this, my father would have blown up if our coach didn’t show up for all county nominations. He would have been way more upset than me. I would have been crushed, but my father would be way more upset!!!!!
I see your point. You should always defend your family if they can't defend themselves...but that coach will have a much harder time explaining himself to his star player than he will his parents.

If Twiddy was absent from the meeting, I don't see how he can continue as HC. Getting the young men to buy in after that will be next to impossible. Not to mention the community.

Louisville people bought the snake oil.

He won at Meadowbrook due to a poor schedule and an abnormal run of athletes. With The Blattner kid and Black kid last year to go along with Ferguson one could argue he under performed.

People who know the game don't like him, people who don't know the game think he does great.

He is rude and lacks basic understanding of the game.
“Ladies and gentlemen, attention please
Come in close so everyone can see
I got a tale to tell
A listen don't cost a dime
And if you believe that we're gonna get along just fine...”

At this point, the AD or Administration needs to come out and either say they support him or they are moving on. From what I hear he is a polarizing character who has that town in an uproar.

I disagree with an earlier poster it is a good job....
Like all good jobs...they are hard...duh...

L ville deserves a good Coach...this guy and his posse dont seem to be it...

Care to share your opinion Lynus?
Sure...apparently I’m the stooge that was fashionably late to the party. I hate to be vanilla on this but MY opinion is pretty much in line with everyone else’s on here. I don’t know the man, have never met or spoke to the man, I have no idea WHY he didn’t attend the meeting or send someone in his place. It’s my understanding that he submitted his list and didn’t attend. I think it’s a shity move to not represent your team. MY opinion is if he hasn’t already, he should apologize to his team for not attending. It is MY opinion that the administration/board along with the coach, need to define how these type of off field functions are going be addressed going forward. It is my understanding that Mr Twiddy is a bit of an introvert. If that is in fact the case how do we solve the public speaking portion of his job. To my knowledge there has been no resignation, and he has not been let go. What the board does when it’s time to renew or not renew is up to them. We actually have precedent on this in Louisville and I would lean towards the same outcome as last time. The last time a coach didn’t show up to a football function after a underachieving season he was given 2 years to get his together before they let him go. Not sure this guy will have that luxury or not nor do I really care. My loyalty lies with this program not a coach.
I’m on record for the better part of the last 20+ years on everything Louisville Football as are some others on here. I see that there are a lot of newb’s around now. Looking forward to the yappi voyeurs putting themselves on record, and next time you clowns want my opinion in black and white on yappi just call/txt/email and give me a heads up, it’s not like most of you posers don’t know how to get a hold of me.

Sure...apparently I’m the stooge that was fashionably late to the party. I hate to be vanilla on this but MY opinion is pretty much in line with everyone else’s on here. I don’t know the man, have never met or spoke to the man, I have no idea WHY he didn’t attend the meeting or send someone in his place. It’s my understanding that he submitted his list and didn’t attend. I think it’s a shity move to not represent your team. MY opinion is if he hasn’t already, he should apologize to his team for not attending. It is MY opinion that the administration/board along with the coach, need to define how these type of off field functions are going be addressed going forward. It is my understanding that Mr Twiddy is a bit of an introvert. If that is in fact the case how do we solve the public speaking portion of his job. To my knowledge there has been no resignation, and he has not been let go. What the board does when it’s time to renew or not renew is up to them. We actually have precedent on this in Louisville and I would lean towards the same outcome as last time. The last time a coach didn’t show up to a football function after a underachieving season he was given 2 years to get his together before they let him go. Not sure this guy will have that luxury or not nor do I really care. My loyalty lies with this program not a coach.
I’m on record for the better part of the last 20+ years on everything Louisville Football as are some others on here. I see that there are a lot of newb’s around now. Looking forward to the yappi voyeurs putting themselves on record, and next time you clowns want my opinion in black and white on yappi just call/txt/email and give me a heads up, it’s not like most of you posers don’t know how to get a hold of me.

Hey Buddy! Welcome to the party!

I haven't posted lately because I've had a hard time getting my mind around what's going on. Not representing the team is unacceptable. I don't know if it has to be the head coach or not but it has to be done. Being the head coach requires more than the normal coaching responsibilities. Like it or not there is no excuse. Coaching at Louisville means you represent the team, the school and the community. In this case all three have been let down. I'm not calling for his firing, but he needs to be called on the carpet somehow. He may eventually grow into the position but he needs to start now.

I am calling for his firing not only for not representing his player but just being a bad coach who is a poison to the program get him out now! Hire someone inside the program a young former player maybe who will rally the kids without being an a hole.

No dog in this one but one can really sense the passion of Louisville fans in this thread.

As a Tiger fan I’d consider it bad pr, team apology worthy, not fireable or resignable but AD should make future expectations crystal clear. Btw Jack Rose was socially uncomfortable and horrible at these too so I get that. If that’s part of it. Not the worst thing but doesn’t help either.

The question becomes, Why weren't the expectations of the job fully explained when they hired him. If they were and he failed to show up ,then that's a whole other deal.

I understand this argument...but...these honors and parents are also what is going wrong with youth sports today. Team Team Team!

So far just slander and ambiguous accusations. Not one accuser or hater has produced any plausible explanation of why Twiddy was absent from the meeting. So the defamation trail continues until someone elaborates with truth.

So far just slander and ambiguous accusations. Not one accuser or hater has produced any plausible explanation of why Twiddy was absent from the meeting. So the defamation trail continues until someone elaborates with truth.
Change that from "until someone elaborates with truth." to "until Twiddy explains himself."

Louisville Leopards Head Football Coach Jeff Twiddy has resigned after just one season. Read the official press release from Louisville City Schools here:

Status
Not open for further replies.