Moeller coach resigns

Will Moeller require the head coach to be a teacher/administrator? If not then a coach could continue to stay in a public school as a teacher while coaching at Moeller. I know a few St X coaches taught in public schools while coaching at St X including long time offensive coordinator Bob Klotz. Moeller freshmen head coach a few years ago taught in a public school. That would certainly overcome the issue of leaving STRS and even lower teaching pay.

Will Moeller require the head coach to be a teacher/administrator? If not then a coach could continue to stay in a public school as a teacher while coaching at Moeller. I know a few St X coaches taught in public schools while coaching at St X including long time offensive coordinator Bob Klotz. Moeller freshmen head coach a few years ago taught in a public school. That would certainly overcome the issue of leaving STRS and even lower teaching pay.

I think they want a Man of Moeller, until he leaves after 1 year?

Agree. The STRS system is very lucrative and a huge benefit. Teaching in a private school does not afford one the benefits and pay of the publics.

Agreed as well. Besides many of these coaches also have teaching positions that they could still retain even if let go as a coach. Don't know if Moeller has such a luxury to offer?

Now many leave them if things don't work out because they want to ultimately be the head coach somewhere but that peace of mind I'm sure is a factor for many coaches.

Here are factors I would imagine a coach would consider when evaluating an opportunity

1. Pay - coach salary and more importantly teaching salary
2. Administration support - quick to fire, supports coach vocally, provides resources
3. Resources - # of coaches, weight room, home field
4. Talent Pool - # of players in program, historical talent level
5. Fan/Family support - harder to measure but some fan bases do a lot more complaining than others. Could also be measured by booster support which often provides financial resources to supplement what the school provides.

All of these factor into another consideration which is the opportunity to win state titles. This probably only applies to the upper echelon of coaches who may be at a program that has won titles in the past.

If I am a candidate for this job and assuming money isn't a consideration then I would really question #2, #4 and #5 on that list. I point out number 4 because I think the talent pool at Moeller, while still greater than many public schools, is not what it once was. I think the success of some public school programs and a school like Fenwick has sucked away some of the talent that used to attend Moeller.

My point is I don't think it is a given that a coach like Bolden or the Wyoming coach would naturally jump at this opportunity

Hancock is a really good coach for Wyoming. He should consider that job esp with his QB graduating this year

Hancock is definitely a great coach. Was hoping Colerain could have snagged him had none of the standing staff from Bolden been interested.

Wyoming is one of the top paying districts in the county so I'm sure he wouldn't walk from that too easily. If they win state again this year he will have a pretty long rope for the foreseeable future.

While Prater is an amazing talent, it's not like Wyoming has been a flash in the pan for football. They've been a strong program pretty much for the entire history of the school. I bet they've won at least half of the CHL titles since the conference was formed.

Here are factors I would imagine a coach would consider when evaluating an opportunity

1. Pay - coach salary and more importantly teaching salary
2. Administration support - quick to fire, supports coach vocally, provides resources
3. Resources - # of coaches, weight room, home field
4. Talent Pool - # of players in program, historical talent level
5. Fan/Family support - harder to measure but some fan bases do a lot more complaining than others. Could also be measured by booster support which often provides financial resources to supplement what the school provides.

All of these factor into another consideration which is the opportunity to win state titles. This probably only applies to the upper echelon of coaches who may be at a program that has won titles in the past.

If I am a candidate for this job and assuming money isn't a consideration then I would really question #2, #4 and #5 on that list. I point out number 4 because I think the talent pool at Moeller, while still greater than many public schools, is not what it once was. I think the success of some public school programs and a school like Fenwick has sucked away some of the talent that used to attend Moeller.

My point is I don't think it is a given that a coach like Bolden or the Wyoming coach would naturally jump at this opportunity
Agreed #2 and #4 are sticking points. Moeller's administration tends to be front runners. (see Rodenberg) As for talent, West and Hamilton look to be places where kids will want to stay so Moeller will have to tap other places for recruiting.

Hancock is definitely a great coach. Was hoping Colerain could have snagged him had none of the standing staff from Bolden been interested.

Wyoming is one of the top paying districts in the county so I'm sure he wouldn't walk from that too easily. If they win state again this year he will have a pretty long rope for the foreseeable future.

While Prater is an amazing talent, it's not like Wyoming has been a flash in the pan for football. They've been a strong program pretty much for the entire history of the school. I bet they've won at least half of the CHL titles since the conference was formed.

Although I think the CHL across the board has been pretty weak, yes Wyoming has done a great job winning the conference a lot AND their playoff runs have been consistent and have beaten good teams. That should shy away the doubts that "Wyoming doesn't play anybody"

A name I've not seen, is a Cincinnati guy, but went to St. X., coaches a little over an hour up I-74 in New Palestine, Indiana. Kyle Ralph. I'd say an 86-4 head coaching record and being an offensive savant (according to an Indianapolis area columnist 5 years ago) would sure attract head hunters. However, he seems to be perfectly content where he is. There's been noise about IU and Purdue needing him.

Just did a Maxpreps search and his team beat Cathedral 35-10 this past week for the regional championship. That's better than 3 GCL teams faired. The RB had 280+ rushing yards.

Hopefully, they really do their due diligence in the process to find the new head coach. At this point, I don’t care if the new HC has ties to Moeller, the GCL, Cincinnati, etc. They need to find the best guy this time around. I would be interested to see if they have an outside source like a head hunter putting together a list of potential candidates. For some reason, I can see Asbeck in his office anguished as he goes through his rolodex trying to find some names. I think he said they had 75 applicants last time around and we got Naumann. Hopefully, they bring some more decision makers in the room this time around.

Just did a Maxpreps search and his team beat Cathedral 35-10 this past week for the regional championship. That's better than 3 GCL teams faired. The RB had 280+ rushing yards.
If there's any way to pry him away from New Pal, and I'm sure there have been many who tried, he will be amazing there. That RB has every meaningful rushing record in Indiana. By a mile. But that kid isn't solely responsible for the juggernaut.

If there's any way to pry him away from New Pal, and I'm sure there have been many who tried, he will be amazing there. That RB has every meaningful rushing record in Indiana. By a mile. But that kid isn't solely responsible for the juggernaut.
Pipe Dream. If Moeller called, I doubt he would he would even take the call. If he did, he would laugh in Hyzdu or Asbecks face. I don’t think he would come back to Cincinnati for even the St Xavier job. His wife is from there, he loves the area and the job.

Pipe Dream. If Moeller called, I doubt he would he would even take the call. If he did, he would laugh in Hyzdu or Asbecks face. I don’t think he would come back to Cincinnati for even the St Xavier job. His wife is from there, he loves the area and the job.
That's what I've always heard. I've got no dog in the fight-Moeller or NP-but have been intrigued by his staying put when he is certain to be mentioned for just about any notable job, probably even college jobs.

What is Moeller willing to pay? Can they go out and get someone who is at a public school ? Or do they need to get someone from the privates. I am sure they can pay a lot more than Hartley & DeSales with how much bigger they are.

That's what I've always heard. I've got no dog in the fight-Moeller or NP-but have been intrigued by his staying put when he is certain to be mentioned for just about any notable job, probably even college jobs.
New Pal is beautiful area to live in. Great district. Pays well. He has a good job as a weight room teacher. I will never expect him to leave.

The word close to Montgomery is that there are coaches still in the playoffs that are being targeted. A few from out of town, a few from in town. Some of which are rumored to be in the GMC. Thats from close sources, will play out after playoffs, but 3-5 guys focused upon.

Central Ohio Guys that I could see being targeted...
1. Dublin Coffman's Mark Crabtree - has ties to Catholic schools with being a DeSales grad & coaching at DeSales, Fischer Catholic, & St. Charles
Don't think there is any chance he goes.
2. Hartley's Brad Burchfield, Has won more than anyone in Central Ohio at the small school level. Don't think he'd move his family.
3. Davidson's Brian White, has ties to Catholic schools being the DC on late 90's state championship teams.
Don't think there is any chance he goes either

None of these guys will go... but I can see them all get calls to see if they are interested.

The word close to Montgomery is that there are coaches still in the playoffs that are being targeted. A few from out of town, a few from in town. Some of which are rumored to be in the GMC. Thats from close sources, will play out after playoffs, but 3-5 guys focused upon.

So Moeller wants to talk to Cutright or someone on the Colerain Staff? Interesting.

Tom Bolden should be approached and spoken to at a minimum, talk about tradition and consistent results...the guy understands how to get the most from his kids and set a high bar. I can't believe his long term plan is to stay there and his son is a QB, a position Moeller needs help at. If he is at least not approached that is a mistake.
120K talks. Start there

What makes everyone think that they're waiting for the Ohio playoffs to end? Kentucky and Indiana are still going on. As well as the rest of the country.

Central Ohio Guys that I could see being targeted...
1. Dublin Coffman's Mark Crabtree - has ties to Catholic schools with being a DeSales grad & coaching at DeSales, Fischer Catholic, & St. Charles
Don't think there is any chance he goes.
2. Hartley's Brad Burchfield, Has won more than anyone in Central Ohio at the small school level. Don't think he'd move his family.
3. Davidson's Brian White, has ties to Catholic schools being the DC on late 90's state championship teams.
Don't think there is any chance he goes either

None of these guys will go... but I can see them all get calls to see if they are interested.

Asbeck was AD at DeSales and he went to school there. He may have some ties to Crabtree?