Benedictine 2019

Great point with Stauffer play! Ended up losing 1.5 yards but kept out of end zone. Stauffer is a great athlete!
Disagree that Avon or even SWC is 2x good as Brecksville. Is Avon’s backup QB a D1 recruit? The conference that Brecksville plays in is just as tough. Wadsworth will give AL all they can handle. Hudson was very good this year & Stow, when on, could beat the best of them...ask Solon. Talking to sources from SWC & scrimmaging Olmstead Falls, the conference is also on the down turn.

i like our chances. The Brecksville test was a great way to prepare.

Avon's back up QB is not a Div I recruit but he is a good RB which should scare many Benny fans as stopping a running QB has been a challenge all season long for this defense. Weather is also expected to be colder than this past Friday so ball handling during the passing game could be difficult possibly negating an advantage for the Bengals.

I was told by my Avon friend that the Eagles have big receivers, a very good RB. QB is solid. A lot of speed . Defense is very tough.
I think Bene goes undefeated against Avon schedule.

Attachments

• 9DD023CC-34D1-407C-8BBC-39ADE5748355.jpeg
    9DD023CC-34D1-407C-8BBC-39ADE5748355.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 23
I was told by my Avon friend that the Eagles have big receivers, a very good RB. QB is solid. A lot of speed . Defense is very tough.
I think Bene goes undefeated against Avon schedule.
Did Avon friend have any confirmation if starting QB is out this week? Heard dislocated elbow, non-throwing arm?

Did Avon friend have any confirmation if starting QB is out this week? Heard dislocated elbow, non-throwing arm?
From Cleveland.Com , Matt Goul Preview Capsule ... “Avon is undefeated but hurting more than Benedictine with senior QB Danny Zeh, running back Nick Perusek and Ball State-bound tackle Tommy Lorincz all out with injuries.”

Fellow SWC Fan. I always find the SWC struggles in the playoffs against superior athletic teams minus Avon. I read about Rosser and Edwards. How about Benedictine's defense? Are they going to get up in the face of the wrs and blitz the house? I'm assuming odd front (3 big d lineman) with lots of athletes on the field. Avon had some big plays against TCC last year because they played 10 men on the line of scrimmage.

Fellow SWC Fan. I always find the SWC struggles in the playoffs against superior athletic teams minus Avon. I read about Rosser and Edwards. How about Benedictine's defense? Are they going to get up in the face of the wrs and blitz the house? I'm assuming odd front (3 big d lineman) with lots of athletes on the field. Avon had some big plays against TCC last year because they played 10 men on the line of scrimmage.
Benedictine varies between a 3 and 4 man front depending on matchups and situations. I would expect a 4 man front on Friday.
They have a pair of Junior Linebackers in Hollon and Merrill that are pretty solid with Hollon getting some big collect interest after being out with an injury most of last year. The free safety doesn’t look like much but has 7 interceptions so far this year.
If they play anything like they did the first 11 games I’d expect a lot of blitzing and a lot of man coverage

Benedictine varies between a 3 and 4 man front depending on matchups and situations. I would expect a 4 man front on Friday.
They have a pair of Junior Linebackers in Hollon and Merrill that are pretty solid with Hollon getting some big collect interest after being out with an injury most of last year. The free safety doesn’t look like much but has 7 interceptions so far this year.
If they play anything like they did the first 11 games I’d expect a lot of blitzing and a lot of man coverage

Will be fun to watch and see if Avon can scheme up any plays to beat man to man. No SWC schools minus maybe avon lake or berea can man them up with consistent success. Most SWC schools have gone to 3 man front due to the spread offenses taking over.

Avon destroyed Toledo Central Catholic on the lines, which made the big plays much easier...but Avon also went on a long, ball control drive that consumed almost the entire fourth quarter to close out that win. This year, however, Avon is plagued by injuries on the lines...and really all over. It will be a tall order to beat the talented Bengals, but at least Avon will make them work for it.

Will be fun to watch and see if Avon can scheme up any plays to beat man to man. No SWC schools minus maybe avon lake or berea can man them up with consistent success. Most SWC schools have gone to 3 man front due to the spread offenses taking over.

The Benny defense is like the Browns defense under Greg Williams, a lot of folks up on the line with athletes playing man up on the WRs with a deep free safety playing center field. They have done OK against pass 1st teams but I am not big on the scheme when it comes to run support though. None of this is a secret to the Avon coaches and I am guessing we will see a lot of run plays, especially from the QB position, and then play action looking for a quick HR ball.

Avon destroyed Toledo Central Catholic on the lines, which made the big plays much easier...but Avon also went on a long, ball control drive that consumed almost the entire fourth quarter to close out that win. This year, however, Avon is plagued by injuries on the lines...and really all over. It will be a tall order to beat the talented Bengals, but at least Avon will make them work for it.

Benedictine has had decent line play so far TY, that has been the big difference between a mediocre 2018 team and a playoff 2019 team. Both lines have decent size, decent athleticism, and tough kids; they rotate a lot on defense and I especially like the goal line package as they have beef to clog up the middle as evident by a key goal line stand against Brecksville. That being said they are a little banged up and it will be interesting to see who gets playing time on Friday evening.

Benedictine Football is having a great season and seems to be back. What is it with you two guys?

Simple:
* Fr Willie and The School Down the Hill are the same person. He bleeds Columbia Blue and White and has volunteered thousands of hours at the school. A TRUE MOB.

*Fr Willie Down the Hill is a narcissist (a person who has pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration). He thinks by taunting us on this thread, he can somehow diminish Benedictine's legacy. Over the years, just like the devil, he has gone by many different names.

Last edited:
Simple:
* Fr Willie and The School Down the Hill are the same person. He bleeds Columbia Blue and White and has volunteered thousands of hours at the school. A TRUE MOB.

*Fr Willie Down the Hill is a narcissist (a person who has pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration). He thinks by taunting us on this thread, he can somehow diminish Benedictine's legacy. Over the years, just like the devil, he has gone by many different names.
This is my only name on here . I’m the real Fr Willie.