Louisville Leopards Football 2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the head coach was not there where was the AD????????
Not the ADs job to show up to the FOOTBALL county voting. It’s for the head football coaches. What’s she going to do there? However she should definitely have been informed he skipped and take further action.

Have you met the Louisville administration? ?
I'm wondering how many ADs in the county even know about this meeting, let alone when it takes place unless the AD happens to be the football coach. I imagine the football coaches are contacted directly by WHBC regarding the date, time, and location of the meeting.

The county XC coaches' association has a similar meeting the Monday after the state meet. Some coaches don't attend, and some others who attend don't even attempt to make a case to get their kids on the All-County teams despite constant pleading from other coaches to say something if they have a kid who is deserving of making 1st team, 2nd team, or honorable mention. Even the association president forgot about this year's meeting and showed up late with no food (prez's job to bring food for which he/she is reimbursed and run the meeting). Some coaches are all about getting their kids postseason honors, and just as many coaches couldn't care less.

Having said all of that, advocating on behalf of your kids is part of the job. Whether the season is already over or not is irrelevant.

Not the ADs job to show up to the FOOTBALL county voting. It’s for the head football coaches. What’s she going to do there? However she should definitely have been informed he skipped and take further action.
The AD is responsible for the coaching staff and student athletes. If there is something involving the coaches or athletes they should be on top of this situation. I hope that if the coach was not planning on attending arrangements were made to have someone in attendance representing these kids.

I'm wondering how many ADs in the county even know about this meeting, let alone when it takes place unless the AD happens to be the football coach. I imagine the football coaches are contacted directly by WHBC regarding the date, time, and location of the meeting.

The county XC coaches' association has a similar meeting the Monday after the state meet. Some coaches don't attend, and some others who attend don't even attempt to make a case to get their kids on the All-County teams despite constant pleading from other coaches to say something if they have a kid who is deserving of making 1st team, 2nd team, or honorable mention. Even the association president forgot about this year's meeting and showed up late with no food (prez's job to bring food for which he/she is reimbursed and run the meeting). Some coaches are all about getting their kids postseason honors, and just as many coaches couldn't care less.

Having said all of that, advocating on behalf of your kids is part of the job. Whether the season is already over or not is irrelevant.

you are correct in your assumption on the first paragraph.
When are the results of the County voting available? If Twiddy was there and did his job, Jason Goard will be get his honors as one one of the best in stark county this year.
He was not there

When are the results of the County voting available? If Twiddy was there and did his job, Jason Goard will be get his honors as one one of the best in stark county this year.
There weren’t any Leopards players on the all county team. Gourd was announced as the team mvp.
It’s garbage that he didn’t make it on the DL, he is the best defensive player I saw this year.

Yeah but should have been 1st team. Or at least had a chance for 1st team. I understand why he didnt go, but he could have sent an assistant.

Yeah but should have been 1st team. Or at least had a chance for 1st team. I understand why he didnt go, but he could have sent an assistant.
I don’t understand why he didn’t go. Please explain. I think it is bad for Louisville that he didn’t go. There are no excuses why he didn’t go, unless he died or had something serious happen and that was NOT the case. Inexcusable!!!!!!

Louisville people bought the snake oil.

He won at Meadowbrook due to a poor schedule and an abnormal run of athletes. With The Blattner kid and Black kid last year to go along with Ferguson one could argue he under performed.

People who know the game don't like him, people who don't know the game think he does great.

He is rude and lacks basic understanding of the game.

# 99 Goard was 1st team DL last year as a Jr as was 2 other Leopards. (See link below)

Kid's was a beast and his play this season certainly deserves to be included this year as well. If the reason he & perhaps other players were not included was due to the coach not attending the event or the coaches lack of effort to get our players consider for an award or a general in-ability to work well with other coaches, then that is a serious flaw as that stuff is part of the job!

http://www.whbcsports.com/whbc-high-school-football-awards-banquet/

I saw a picture on WHBC and he was clearly not in it. It is a shame, I am sure he will say he didn't know he had to be there, but I agree we got nothing more then a snake oil salesman. Hopefully he picks up and moves on or the administration give him his walking papers.

Million dollar question. What is the reason for Twiddy missing the meeting? Obviously the witch hunt inquiring minds want to know.

I don’t understand how someone can defend a coach that does something like this. I feel for these kids and I feel even worse for their parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.