Week 12: Elder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReLoad

StX (9-2) vs Elder (9-2) this Friday 7pm in Round 2 location TBD.
Could we please play this at Nippert?
Both teams promise to bring 10K plus.
If not Nippert how about PBS.
Please not Mason or Princeton or any other GMC school.

I'd rather play it at the Pit provided X gets the homeside, 60% of the tickets (including all reserved seating), the house with the deck overlooking the southeast corner of the end zone and judge Bernie and his officiating crew. Would be cool to see all that blue seated beneath the 12th man sign

If the Bomber offense doesn't wait until the 4th quarter to start playing they should double the measly 400 yards gained in the regular season game vs Elder.

Rueve needs just 98 yards and 3 TD passes to own all StX season passing records.

Somebody better issue a BOLO... BigPun is coming to Cincy.

Blue Bombers - 35
Little Purple Puddy Tats - 31

908.jpg

Last edited:
Rudolph may have been 1-3 against St.X, but every time Pun comes to town the Bombers almost always lose. Welcome home!

Fake news. I've only seen them lose twice - LaSalle 2010 and Elder 2015.

If memory serves, 2014 was bookended by a very memorable 2OT thriller and another that Elder fans would much rather forget.

Pun you're a total scam and enemy of the people (people of the Elder nation)... I also remember some Colerain vs X games that you were present for where X lost.

Its alright, The Panthers will refresh your memory on your losing streak later this week.

I think it all comes down to seating capacity. Nippert is OK, but Friday night traffic in and out of Cincy is awful.

Just too many bad memories there for my taste. Oh well,.........u go with what ya got. Right now,.....the Andrew Coverdale offense is humming on all cylinders. If the D can get a couple stops,....or special teams comes up big,.......as they are certainly capable of........I like our chances.

P.S. Go Bombers !!!

This will be the 101st meeting between the 2 teams
They have played every year since the first game in 1923 and they have played 4 times in the post-season.
2001 X won 24-21 Regional Final at Nippert Stadium
2002 X lost 20-16 1st Round at Nippert Stadium
2007 X won 45-14 1st Round at Ballaban Field
2009 X lost 17-14 2nd Round at Nippert Stadium
2019 D1 R4 Second Round at Mason Dwier Field November 15th at 7pm

2001 Regular Season X won 16-13 Week 6 at Ballaban Field
2002 Regular Season X lost 21-17 Week 6 at Elder Pit
2007 Regular Season X won 18-0 Week 6 at Ballaban Field
2009 Regular Season X won 17-7 Week 6 at Ballaban Field

So the team who won in the regular season won in the post-season 3 of the 4 years

The Bombers are 1-3 at Mason's Dwier Field, all post season games beginning in 2014
2014 Lost to Moeller in 3rd round 21-0
2015 Lost to Colerain in 2nd round 42-14
2017 Beat Sycamore in 2nd round 37-7
2017 Lost to Colerain in Region 4 final 21-14

Offensively the Bombers line is at full strength, Kirby and Uhl healed and the sophomores matured.
Rueve, being a west sider (St. Antoninus) and first year starter, pressed in the regular season game vs Elder thus throwing the 2 interceptions on the second and third possessions.
I expect him to be calm from the start and have an above average performance (Avg: 22 for 34 for 261 yards and 3 TDs) so look for 30 completions for 350 yards and 4 to 5 TDs.
Look for the up tempo hurry up offense heavy on the run early on.
Elder's D compares to Mason's and this time around X will look to ram the ball down their throats using Newman, Clifford, Bracken and Vrsansky to open up the passing game.
With Smith back, Britt holding on to the ball and Patterson contributing they won't be able to key on Lang and Clifford.
Bombers 49-28

Last edited:
Hundley did a pretty solid job returning punts vs Mason.
2 returns for 74 yards, the second a 54 yard TD to close out the scoring
I'm good with him or Vrsansky back there.
Both are fearless and exciting when they field it.

Putting my serious hat on for a moment...

Bombers 49-28

Not a chance. I hope that you're only stirring the pot.

2001 Regular Season X won 16-13 Week 6 at Ballaban Field
2002 Regular Season X lost 21-17 Week 6 at Elder Pit
2007 Regular Season X won 18-0 Week 6 at Ballaban Field
2009 Regular Season X won 17-7 Week 6 at Ballaban Field

So the team who won in the regular season won in the post-season 3 of the 4 years

This is an interesting factoid. It actually suggests that it hasn't been too difficult for the team winning the regular season game to also win the playoff game.

Offensively the Bombers line is at full strength, Kirby and Uhl healed and the sophomores matured.
Rueve, being a west sider (St. Antoninus) and first year starter, pressed in the regular season game vs Elder thus throwing the 2 interceptions on the second and third possessions.
I expect him to be calm from the start and have an above average performance (Avg: 22 for 34 for 261 yards and 3 TDs) so look for 30 completions for 350 yards and 4 to 5 TDs.
Look for the up tempo hurry up offense heavy on the run early on.
Elder's D compares to Mason's and this time around X will look to ram the ball down their throats using Newman, Clifford, Bracken and Vrsansky to open up the passing game.
With Smith back, Britt holding on to the ball and Patterson contributing they won't be able to key on Lang and Clifford.
Bombers 49-28

You're talking about Rueve right? The same QB that hadn't thrown an INT all season until he threw two INTs in the first quarter of the Elder game?

Colverdalee is the most overrated OC in the history of Ohio high school football. Heck, cincinnati.com even did an article on him... what other OC has ever had an article done on him? And yet X only scored 7 points 3.5 quarters into the Elder game, only 13 against Iggy and 27 vs Moeller?!?

Give me a break... Go Panthers, Beat Bombers!

Last edited:
You're talking about Rueve right? The same QB that hadn't thrown an INT all season until he threw two INTs in the first quarter of the Elder game?

Colverdalee is the most overrated OC in the history of Ohio high school football. Heck, cincinnati.com even did an article on him... what other OC has ever had an article done on him? And yet X only scored 7 points 3.5 quarters into the Elder game, only 13 against Iggy and 27 vs Moeller?!?

Give me a break... Go Panthers, Beat Bombers!

yep, same Rueve who has thrown for only a handful of picks all year while setting St X records for completions and attempts. Same Rueve who torched Elder in the fourth quarter.

Elder had a great defensive game plan against X, and then as soon as X recognized the holes, they exploited them. The problem was getting behind early and being forced to be one dimensional.

The Moe game was an aberration, and the defense pitched a shutout in the second half when the offense clicked into gear.

The Iggy game was played in a driving rainstorm with wind gusts of over 20 mph... no offense is doing well in that.

I don’t see X putting up 49, but I do think they’ll be moving the ball much better, and it will be the shootout everyone expected the first game. Big if is the X defense. They stop the sneak/ draw/ RPO, then they win going away,

yep, same Rueve who has thrown for only a handful of picks all year while setting St X records for completions and attempts. Same Rueve who torched Elder in the fourth quarter.

Elder had a great defensive game plan against X, and then as soon as X recognized the holes, they exploited them. The problem was getting behind early and being forced to be one dimensional.

The Moe game was an aberration, and the defense pitched a shutout in the second half when the offense clicked into gear.

The Iggy game was played in a driving rainstorm with wind gusts of over 20 mph... no offense is doing well in that.

I don’t see X putting up 49, but I do think they’ll be moving the ball much better, and it will be the shootout everyone expected the first game. Big if is the X defense. They stop the sneak/ draw/ RPO, then they win going away,

Please... Rueve torched the Elder D?!? You mean when Elder went to a prevent defense to get out of there with a win and it backfired on them. I hardly would call that "torched."

Sounds like a bunch of excuses for the other games... But I like how arrogant the X folks are, even in defeat you guys find a way to be arrogant.

When has Elder ever gone into prevent and hope to get out with a win, last year with a 35 pt. lead they kept their foot on the gas. Believe whatever you want about what happened at the end of the game last time, but Ramsey would not and did not go into a prevent

When has Elder ever gone into prevent and hope to get out with a win, last year with a 35 pt. lead they kept their foot on the gas. Believe whatever you want about what happened at the end of the game last time, but Ramsey would not and did not go into a prevent

Ramsey went into a prevent, he said as much after the game... I think he felt sorry for the Bombers when it was 24-7 with about 8 mins left in the game. GO Panthers!

Ramsey went into a prevent, he said as much after the game... I think he felt sorry for the Bombers when it was 24-7 with about 8 mins left in the game. GO Panthers!
That's funny, I felt sorry for the collective Elder team when I could smell the pee coming down their legs when X scored to make it 24-21. Too bad X let 'em off the hook by choosing not to kick it deep - don't think Specht would make the same mistake twice. We'll see on Friday.

Tucker Hundley......strong safety (61 tackles, StX 5th leading tackler, 8th in the league), punt returner, bone crushing tackler, blitzer, holder for place-kicker and place-kick blocker. Still amazed he didn't play his sophomore season but glad he came back.

Putting my serious hat on for a moment...
Not a chance. I hope that you're only stirring the pot.

No doubt I'm a champion pot stirrer but X beat Mason 48-20.
Elder isn't a whole lot better than Mason so 49-28 isn't much of a stretch.
Actually Mason's passing game is considerably better than Elder's

Status
Not open for further replies.