2019-20 Coaching Carousel

I would be shocked if Bob Stoops took the job. More likely Mark before Bob. Personally i wouldnt take Mark Stoops, he has done well at UK but taking down Dabo is a different animal and he is rather vanilla. I dont know who has the best ties to recruiting the state of Florida between Campbell and Fleck. I think that will factor in heavily in the next coach.

I love Campbell. He seems to motivate his team without the cheesy gimmicks like Fleck. Fleck might be a good coach but the running down the sidelines and boat rowing gestures won’t look good if you’re losing.

You’d figure jobs in low population states, regardless of conference, are going to be a long shots for success. Places like Mississippi, Iowa, Arkansas, Tennessee are places for up-and-comers to try to show their worth by winning 9 games.

Mick Cronin is the least “LA Guy” there is, but $$$ talks.
I wonder with taxes, cost of living etc how much more Mick is actually making bs UC. I still cant believe they offered Calipari a significant pay cut and though they could get him

You’d figure jobs in low population states, regardless of conference, are going to be a long shots for success. Places like Mississippi, Iowa, Arkansas, Tennessee are places for up-and-comers to try to show their worth by winning 9 games.

Ole Miss, TN, Ark at least border states with a lot of talent. Iowa is far and away at the biggest disadvantage in that group.

Would imagine Norvell will get a lot of calls in the near future. Vegas has him as the favorite to land Arkansas.

Would imagine Norvell will get a lot of calls in the near future. Vegas has him as the favorite to land Arkansas.
It would be wise for Arkansas to pursue Norvell. The Memphis area is a pretty good area for recruiting and Arkansas can certainly benefit from that. I assume Norvell has developed a good relationship with high schools in northern Mississippi as well. The key for Arkansas has always been Texas, though, so Norvell would need some staff with strong recruiting ties. Tulsa is also an area of talent close to Arkansas. Norvell can undermine Oklahoma and Ok State by offering recruits from Tulsa the chance to play in the SEC but remain close to home.

Akron got crushed by Eastern Michigan 42-14 at home Tuesday night. They're now 0-10. Seems Tom Arth was a lousy hire.

Yes after they took him off the table first. And thank God for that

Jason Staples said mark stoops would run naked from Lexington to Tallahassee to take that job ?
That isnt how it went down but ok. They never took him off the table, they told him in Cincinnati he wasnt their first choice but in the running. I agree he probably would have taken it if offered. But he wasnt removed. That is pure FSU "hype" from people saying they removed him. You dont fly to a different state to tell someone they are removing you from the list.

But then again you thought Bob Stoops was interested so I am sure you already have a narrative LOL

In all seriousness they can and should do better than Stoops.

Schiano and Rutgers couldn't come to terms. Rumor is Schiano wanted too much control. He would have gotten $32 million over 8 years.

Oh I know, just enjoy seeing FSU become a dumpster fire. It's hilarious that they thought Taggart would be anything other than a disaster. His track record is nothing special.

Stoops would have for sure left if that meeting went down where they said he was the number one guy.

I am not sure who the right guy is. Guess it depends on how much money their "booster plea for help" will bring in.

I fully believe they can and almost have to raise the money to bring in a better coach than Stoops. A lot of money on the line to be a dumspter fire. Cant afford not to

That isnt how it went down but ok. They never took him off the table, they told him in Cincinnati he wasnt their first choice but in the running. I agree he probably would have taken it if offered. But he wasnt removed. That is pure FSU "hype" from people saying they removed him. You dont fly to a different state to tell someone they are removing you from the list.

But then again you thought Bob Stoops was interested so I am sure you already have a narrative LOL

In all seriousness they can and should do better than Stoops.
Yes it is. You don't know what you are talking about. He had an interview. They never offered him a contract. He didn't want to be a fallback guy so he's trying to save face

I actually have sources at FSU. You don't. And Bob Stoops was very close to taking the job. FSU met his conditions but he backed out. Some people are still saying he's thinking of it but that's not what I'm hearing now

You don't know what you are talking about on anything FSU. Just an instigator on a message board. I tried to give you guys real info. Was just met with bs from the few guys who like to start stuff so I said screw it and largely stopped responding

I know exactly what i am talking about. They never offered him, they told him he was in the running but wasnt the number one option. He left after that.

And trust me my sources are in the loop on this. Stoops was gone if offered. They didnt love him as much as he thought.

But keep thinking Bob Stoops was interested

Btw you basically said the same thing I did.

He was the fallback guy, they didnt remove him. He got upset at not being the #1 option and left. He wanted to be the GUY

I know exactly what i am talking about. They never offered him, they told him he was in the running but wasnt the number one option. He left after that.

And trust me my sources are in the loop on this. Stoops was gone if offered. They didnt love him as much as he thought.

But keep thinking Bob Stoops was interested
Maybe on mark you had some at the start. On fsu you have no sources though

For one you don't tell a candidate they aren't your first choice. That verbiage gets anyone you want to say screw that and they are out. FSU merely didn't offer him a contract. He got the idea he was a fallback (wasn't directly told you're backup cuz that's disrespectful) and he pulled out because he doesn't have a shot

Again Bob Stoops was very much a possibility and not a pipe dream like the know nothing instigators said on here. I'm glad they are big game hunting. Being turned down is better than not trying

Fyi the 2 candidates they are talking to a lot right now would be 2nd and 3rd on my list and both great options

I have zero FSU sources. This all from the UK side and they were privy to what was happening. Again we are saying the same thing.

Stoops wasnt the first option. They didnt offer him.

I dont know who they are going for that is betrer, never said I did. But it was made clear to Stoops he wasnt the first option and he removed himself.

As i said earlier they should be able to get someone better. I dont see him taking down dabo. It was the right move to not offer Stoops.

I believe FSU people you know think they could get him. However Mark, his brother, told plenty of people Bob was never taking that job.
You don't meet that many times and make coaching /facility demands if you have zero interest in a job. He was very much interested. The pipedream you guys talked about like Tennessee and gruden wasn't an accurate comparison