Northwest Ohio Playoff thread

So what are you suggesting that AW and Perrysburg have outgrown the NLL and should join the TRAC?
There should be one mega league with different levels for the various schools; similar in concept to the NW Hockey Conference. St. Francis, Northview, and St. Johns are in the top division. Springfield, Whitmer, Ottawa Hills and Clay are in lower divisions (I dont know the exact breakdown). The point is different quality programs from different (current) conferences play each other.

Id like to see the conference lined up this way:

Football Tier 1: Central, Whitmer, AW, Pburg, SJJ, Findlay
Football Tier 2: St. Francis, Springfield, NV, Lima, Clay, BG
Football Tier 3: SV, Start, Napoleon, Bowsher, Fremont, Eastwood
Football Tier 4: Maumee, Rogers, Waite, Otsego, Rossford, Sandusky
Football Tier 5: Genoa, LC, Archbold, PH, Evergreen, Clyde
Etc.........

6 teams in each tier allows for each team to play the other 5 in its tier, 2 others in other tiers (for rivalry games) plus the 3 out of conference games.

The same thing in basketball. The City League teams match up well against the TRAC and NLL.

For girls soccer, Tier 1: AW, Pburg, Clay, SUA, NDA, NV, SV, Findlay
Tier 2: Springfield, CCHS, Maumee, BG, Eastwood, LC, Rossford
Tier 3: Lima, Fremont, Waite, Bowsher, Whitmer, Start, Rogers
Etc..

Base the tiers every year based on the quality of the programs, not just school size. Lima, Fremont, and Whitmer all had terrible girls soccer teams. It wasnt fun to watch them get crushed against the other TRAC teams.

But as some programs rise, some may decline. St. Francis football has improved a lot over the last couple of years and could move up. Fremont Ross and Genoa football have declined in the last few years and moved down.

The Ohio Capital Conference is a giant conference near Columbus. So having a large number of teams is doable.

A lot of people speaking of things they truly don’t know 100% of what they’re talking about....
I’m going to get back to talking about playoffs.

I will post more tomorrow after today’s games are complete.

Looking forward to the TCC vs SJJ as it was close last time and I think SJJ has progressed well since the last time they met.

also congrats to Archbold for beating Coldwater!

There should be one mega league with different levels for the various schools; similar in concept to the NW Hockey Conference. St. Francis, Northview, and St. Johns are in the top division. Springfield, Whitmer, Ottawa Hills and Clay are in lower divisions (I dont know the exact breakdown). The point is different quality programs from different (current) conferences play each other.

Etc.........

I understand this is a wish list but it has to make some sort of sense.

1). Why would Perrysburg and AW leave the NLL?
2). Why would Northview leave the NLL to travel to Lima?
3). Why would Eastwood leave the NBC to play Bowsher?
4). Why would Sandusky leave the SBC?
5). Why would Clyde leave the SBC? Travel to Patrick Henry and Evergreen? Size difference as well.
6). What about the rest of the SBC? Tiffin? Oak Harbor? The rest...?
7). What about Wauseon?
8). What about the rest of the NBC?

I'm all for a well thought out mega league but it has to make sense for everyone involved and carry weight in other sports. Having differing divisions for multiple sports is an AD's nightmare. Like I said earlier, the NLL is as stable of a league as you will find (easy button).

I’m hearing Rayford plays tomorrow night, couldn’t prove it was his stuff in his locker since the locker didn’t have a lock on it.

I'd trust the coaches and administration who've been around the kid for years to make a fair, rational decision.

I don't recall seeing him in street clothes on the sideline last week, or seeing his brother suited up. I could be wrong, though.

It seems strange that he would not be there last week if there was a chance he could be reinstated.

Perrysburg did not renew with Whitmer so it will be interesting to see who they pick up? Whitmer filled the slot with Waite (4 year deal) because Oregon Clay dropped the Indians. Shame on Whitmer.

This is SOP for high profile programs, to let the recruits play in their own neighborhood. :p We're going to make all the Whitmer fans sit in the visiting bench, uh stands. It will be cozy.

I think Whitmer got snookered. A bigger profile team will be coming to Whitmer for a home and home. With no room on the schedule, Whitmer will have to buy out Waite. Waite will get cash and a player to be named later.

I understand this is a wish list but it has to make some sort of sense.

1). Why would Perrysburg and AW leave the NLL?
2). Why would Northview leave the NLL to travel to Lima?
3). Why would Eastwood leave the NBC to play Bowsher?
4). Why would Sandusky leave the SBC?
5). Why would Clyde leave the SBC? Travel to Patrick Henry and Evergreen? Size difference as well.
6). What about the rest of the SBC? Tiffin? Oak Harbor? The rest...?
7). What about Wauseon?
8). What about the rest of the NBC?

I'm all for a well thought out mega league but it has to make sense for everyone involved and carry weight in other sports. Having differing divisions for multiple sports is an AD's nightmare. Like I said earlier, the NLL is as stable of a league as you will find (easy button).
Just trying to think outside the box. After seeing many different sports over the past year, it just seems that some schools cannot compete in certain leagues in certain sports. Lima Senior is good at football and boys basketball. They are awful at girls soccer. It was terrible to play them. Fremont and Whitmer were the same. Id rather play competitive games each week instead of playing some good ones and some awful ones. So that is where Im coming from.

Shame on Whitmer big time.
Funny that P’Burg is dropping Whitmer, Kregel told Dempsey and mid field before their last game and told him he can’t afford to play both CCHS and Whitmer and that he was not re-upping the CCHS contract. Not he’s dropping Whitmer, that guy is really showing his colors now.

It's all on Perrysburg, they want easy games...same reason why they dropped Coffman late in scheduling. Whitmer would happily have them back but they're done dealing with Kregel's .

The Jacket's 14' (Dimmerling) & 15' (Hafner) teams would have beaten this years Coffman team. Just my opinion. Those two Perrysburg teams were special with a special group of kids which gave Kregel a very false sense of coaching superiority (losing Brungard hurt just as bad).

Regardless of what Whitmer does next week you saw Coffman beat a bad DI football team last night in the weakest DI region I have ever seen.

But we already knew that would happen. Perrysburg was down 35-7 at the half against Whitmer this year...they can't hang with any talented teams.

Buffalo you are wrong , the 4 teams left in R-2 and the 4 left in R-3 aren't nearly as dissimilar as you think . Trust me , Coffman scrimmaged Pick C and did just fine and it would be a good game , Springfield can hang or beat any of the teams in R-3 on a given day , and I know you guys have enough to play with these teams as well . Liberty barely beats teams this year . Pick C lost to Groveport who got smoked by a first year D-1 school who has missed the play-offs the last couple years .{ New Albany } Not a big gap at all if you had a R-2 R-3 8 team Tourney . Northmont smoked Pick North who was in R-2 , Davidson was rebuilding and a team Whitmer could beat , Orange is good but not loaded by any means , .

You have to trust me here, R-2 isn't much different at all from R-3 , I've seen the teams I know the teams and what they have and what they don't have , S-Field , Whitmer or Coffman aren't less than those teams as in NO CHANCE, it isn't true or reality . Jerome is solid but talent a step back from the three I mentioned . I know the comparative scores the rosters, the talent , all the dynamics , you can put R-2 4 out of 4 of the regions but the gap isn't what you claim at all . Simply not true or accurate

I think Eastwood beats Liberty Benton by a safe margin, 34-21. Has L-B seen a wing-T attack like Eastwood's?

It's like a well oiled machine. Coach Rutherford inserted a sophomore back for Rayford, and while not anywhere near the same back, he had 10 carries for 61 yards last week. They just keep coming at you. Not sure if Liberty Benton is ready for that.

Wasn’t too far off on my prediction. Eastwood beats Liberty Benton tonight 28-17. The Eastwood Eagles rushing attack was too much for the Eagles from LB.

Sets up an interesting Oak Harbor/Eastwood matchup. I’d assume it’s played at Lake. But possibly Fremont Ross?

Wasn’t too far off on my prediction. Eastwood beats Liberty Benton tonight 28-17. The Eastwood Eagles rushing attack was too much for the Eagles from LB.

Sets up an interesting Oak Harbor/Eastwood matchup. I’d assume it’s played at Lake. But possibly Fremont Ross?

I'd assume Ross would be taken up by either Olentangy-AW or Whitmer-Coffman, but I dont pretend to understand how "neutral" sites are selected. Lake would make the most sense for Eastwood-Oak Harbor IMO.

Very interested to see where SJJ-Central ends up...I can think of probably 3 HS's that would make sense, but two are still playing and Perrysburg are notorious tight asses with their facilities.

I'm guessing it breaks down like this:
Whitmer-Coffman in Marion again
AW-Olentangy in Tiffin
SJJ-Central at Waite

OHSAA's idea of neutral for a Columbus area - Toledo match-up is Columbus area. I'd rather they both go further to Mansfield Senior, a great facility. Should be a great game.

SJJ-Central at Waite: I honestly don't think there would be any problem with both teams on the same side of the field but Waite can barely handle concessions and lighted area parking for a 100 fans, let alone a D2 play-off crowd. Even Rogers has more enclosed, easy to monitor parking.

I would imagine Lake or Clay or the GB.

I'd assume Ross would be taken up by either Olentangy-AW or Whitmer-Coffman, but I dont pretend to understand how "neutral" sites are selected. Lake would make the most sense for Eastwood-Oak Harbor IMO.

Very interested to see where SJJ-Central ends up...I can think of probably 3 HS's that would make sense, but two are still playing and Perrysburg are notorious tight asses with their facilities.

I'm guessing it breaks down like this:
Whitmer-Coffman in Marion again
AW-Olentangy in Tiffin
SJJ-Central at Waite
Friday night games have no bearing on Saturday night games. So Ross COULD be used both nights.

My guess for week 2

Whitmer-Coffman at Mansfield
Central-St John's at Lake or Clay
AW-Olentangy at Findlay
Norwalk-Sandusky at Ross or Bellevue
Clyde vs Shelby at Tiffin
Wauseon-OG at Napoleon
Oak Harbor-Eastwood at Perrysburg or Ross
Anna-Fairview at Lima
LC-Archbold at Defiance
Leipsic-Edgerton at Defiance
PH-St Paul at Lake

Etc.........

6 teams in each tier allows for each team to play the other 5 in its tier, 2 others in other tiers (for rivalry games) plus the 3 out of conference games.

The same thing in basketball. The City League teams match up well against the TRAC and NLL.

For girls soccer, Tier 1: AW, Pburg, Clay, SUA, NDA, NV, SV, Findlay
Tier 2: Springfield, CCHS, Maumee, BG, Eastwood, LC, Rossford
Tier 3: Lima, Fremont, Waite, Bowsher, Whitmer, Start, Rogers
Etc..

Base the tiers every year based on the quality of the programs, not just school size. Lima, Fremont, and Whitmer all had terrible girls soccer teams. It wasnt fun to watch them get crushed against the other TRAC teams.

But as some programs rise, some may decline. St. Francis football has improved a lot over the last couple of years and could move up. Fremont Ross and Genoa football have declined in the last few years and moved down.

The Ohio Capital Conference is a giant conference near Columbus. So having a large number of teams is doable.

Where would you list wauseon?

Where would you list wauseon?
Probably Tier 3 with Napoleon. They are a D4 school. They would do well against weaker D1s and D2s. My whole thing is to have it be based on program quality. Teams can move up and down based on performance. I believe the English Premier League uses a form of relegation for its teams.

Im a Central grad and my kids go to NDA. I want quality games each time. Some schools are good in some sports and bad in others. Whitmer is good in football but bad in girls soccer. It doesnt make sense that their football team plays Fremont. But their girls soccer teams are pretty even.

I was told at game last night the TCC/St John game will be at Whitmer.
Also I would be surprised if Ross put in for any game this year because they didn't put in for any last year I know.

No rayford last night, appears it’s not going to happen. Good win for the eagles without him and a really tough matchup with Oak Harbor coming up.

Pretty surprised by the Bellevue Wauseon game but it looked like Wauseon killed them through the air.

What happened to Mccomb down the stretch?

As I mentioned on Massillon-Perry thread, Arlin Field will not be an option as long Mansfield Senior is still in postseason. TYgers play Friday Night.

As I mentioned on Massillon-Perry thread, Arlin Field will not be an option as long Mansfield Senior is still in postseason. TYgers play Friday Night.

Whitmer-Coffman was played at Marion last year and I presume the same will be the case this year. Practically a home game for one team does not mean "neutral" site, but OHSAA has proven time and again that Toledo teams are second class citizens.

I wouldnt be absolutely shocked if Whitmer was a site for the SJJ-Central game, but that's surprising that they'd host one with their team still in the playoffs. I dont know how they'd ever staff the facilities.

What happened to Mccomb down the stretch?

They just couldn't do anything to stop Edgerton...was extremely surprised at how that one turned out. I'm going to be really interested in how Edgerton-Leipsic turns out given their results against common opponents.