Division V Region 17 Postseason

TopCat

Discuss:

8 Sandy Valley @ 1 Kirtland

7 Rootstown @ 2 Akron Manchester

6 Garaway @ 3 Garfield

5 Bellaire @ 4 South Range

On the surface and barring surprises, it looks like Kirtland's region.

Yeah, it's Kirtland. They're the overwhelming favorite to win not just this region, but the State. I may even take them against the field to win State.

South Range is the 2nd best team and, I think, the only team in region that can challenge Kirtland. They've played teams that are at least comparable to Kirtland. Poland, for example, is a pretty good bruising running team.

I think Kirtland and South Range win really big. I think Manchester wins comfortably. I don't have a feel for the Garfield-Garaway game. I think Manchester beats the winner regardless.

This week:

Kirtland with a running clock win. I dunno -- 35-42?
South Range wins by 28.
Manchester by 10-14.
Garaway-Garfield? I dunno. I'll say chalk plays and pick Garfield.

Dis agree if Bellaire can hang w SR then Garaway can as Garaway beat Bellaire on the road, Manchester Garaway can beat both lost equally to I.V plus you stop the stud RB for Manchester you win.

Dis agree if Bellaire can hang w SR then Garaway can as Garaway beat Bellaire on the road, Manchester Garaway can beat both lost equally to I.V plus you stop the stud RB for Manchester you win.

Stopping him is no easy task, and when you think you have him bottled up the other kid breaks one off. Since the QB switch they have been hard to handle. No one even worries about him throwing it but they keep things very simple for him.

Stopping him is no easy task, and when you think you have him bottled up the other kid breaks one off. Since the QB switch they have been hard to handle. No one even worries about him throwing it but they keep things very simple for him.
Agreed. Also Manchester is going for Frances 400th win tonight. At home. Manchester in a no doubter.

The “RB” is good enough that he can take them to Regional final. My guess, France retires at 10pm tonight so his last game is a win. The son coaches next week then takes the 40pt loss to Kirtland.

Last edited:
Weird team is Manchester they beat orville, but lose to Tuslaw and almost to Fairless.

Agreed. Also Manchester is going for Frances 499th win tonight. At home. Manchester in a no doubter.

The “RB” is good enough that he can take them to Regional final. My guess, France retires at 10pm tonight so his last game is a win. The son coaches next week then takes the 40pt loss to Kirtland.
Umm I would not be cocky, I do think Manchester wins but barely, good luck to you if your a panther fan, hopefully my pirates will see you next week

Weird team is Manchester they beat orville, but lose to Tuslaw and almost to Fairless.
They played Orrville when their All State RB was suspended for a previous ejection.

Not a Manchester fan, but respect their game. They are a one trick pony (run) with a mediocre offensive line, but they have been on a roll the last 3 weeks. That said, the 3 wins that put them in #2 seed: backyard rivalry game against an opponent who was not as good as anyone thought they were (NW), team missing their best player (Orr), and a home game against a turf team that had already locked up a home playoff game (CVCA). Manchester is completely beatable, BUT the combo of Wright playing his last home game & Koach going for #400 tells me this week is a sure thing. After that....

Darn. I though something might have happened to him after looking at the boxscore from last week. Losing Allegretto is huge. I mean, that's a big, big loss. So, yeah...they MAY beat Bellaire. They have no chance against Kirtland.

South Range is grinding it out.

Kirtland game is stunning.
It’s been a while since Kirtland has been challenged in a quarter final game. I’m still surprised this is close. Didn’t see it coming. Tiger can get his boys to grind this one out.

Good crowd, not great. SR was very business-like tonight. Took control in second half. Bellaire fought hard. From what I understand they lost their starting QB earlier in the year also.

It’s not like they were phantom penalties, and anybody at that game knows that there could have been a couple more called on Kirkland, and several questionable calls went against SV (catch and fumble that was clearly an incomplete pass). Kirkland isn’t the #1 ranked team in the state for no reason though, they finished when the needed to. Hats off to them. Cards return a ton and need to use this loss a fuel for next season.