Northwest Ohio Playoff thread

Alberts went down. Hoping the best for him.

It is straight forward. The rabbit hole I refer to is the argument of how serious an infraction was committed and what is the exact penalty? You believe he probably has not learned his lesson since this is strike two. I cannot say if he has learned anything this time around and neither can you. I believe the current punishment fits the crime and then some and should have no bearing on his scholarship offer from UT. Perhaps just me.

No that's not what I believe. I never said I believe that. As you say, I cannot know, you cannot know but then, neither can the coaches who offered the scholarship, his teammates or even him. The kid may not even care, I nor you can truly know a mindset. It's immaterial. There is nothing about the level of this consequence that wasn't known ahead of time. Yet the infraction still occurred.

Yes, we have our different mindsets based upon experience. I simply asked you, how many chances (based upon yours)? Mine says, the kid is being enabled. The next kid is being enabled.

Candle pushes the quality of kid and family he brings in. Perception is reality. He, I believe will not help his reputation or his recruiting efforts if he leaves it as the elephant in the room. There has to be consequence and possibility of redemption, not just because of his basic morals but because if he handles it wrong, it will be a topic of conversation for every recruiter working against him. Look who he brings in.... Look what he ignores...

I’m hearing Rayford plays tomorrow night, couldn’t prove it was his stuff in his locker since the locker didn’t have a lock on it.

It's an uncomfortable conversation already.

I'm moving on.

Whitmer: not seeing anything that would say they can't win this region or R3 for that matter.

Great effort by the Frannies. Not what they wanted but bodes well for next year.

Don’t know much about LCC, but this is the best team Fairview’s had in 10+ years. Athletes littered all over the field. Spread offense with a bunch of hard nosed defenders. Again, no clue about LCC so can’t say if they’re a huge favorite or not
Big win for Fairview tonight, 29-27 over LCC. They’ll be a tough out for anyone.

I am absolutely gutted for Anthony Wayne's Mason Alberts. What an incredible player, had over 300 yds rushing and 4tds in the 3Q but had to leave the game on one leg. Spells big trouble for them, I would say. Berlin had a season-high 304 passing yards and 23 first downs in the loss, and AW is going to see passing on steroids next week against Olentangy.

St Marys with a 4 play stand including a stop of a draw on 4th down to secure their win.

I think both Coffman and Springfield would beat Whitmer but we’ll see. I agree it was fitting that Perrysburg was stuck with Coffman but any team in Region 2’s top 5 would have made them look bad...this will be a yearly tradition as long as the Jackets stay in the NLL. Congrats on becoming Northwood, AW will be in a similar situation soon.

AW will probably struggle without Alberts if he’s out and Olentangy was impressive tonight. The NLL was down this year as a whole but mostly on offense, I think that’s getting proven now.

If Rayford plays tomorrow I think that says a lot about Eastwood as a program. Sit him in an essentially meaningless game (already won the league and playoff spot secured) then he’s good to go when it counts, good look

Last edited:
If Rayford plays tomorrow I think that says a lot about Eastwood as a program. Sit him in an essentially meaningless game (already won the league and playoff spot secured) then he’s good to go when it counts, good look

These suppositions are a bit easier to have.

- Who would leave something like that in an unlocked locker?
- Anyone with a grudge could put something there....

Maybe the problem was the due process? If the PTB are hiding something, not much to do. But unless someone has some reason to suspect, reagardless suspicions and paranoias, accusation would be unfair IMO.

I think both Coffman and Springfield would beat Whitmer but we’ll see. I agree it was fitting that Perrysburg was stuck with Coffman but any team in Region 2’s top 5 would have made them look bad...this will be a yearly tradition as long as the Jackets stay in the NLL. Congrats on becoming Northwood, AW will be in a similar situation soon.

AW will probably struggle without Alberts if he’s out and Olentangy was impressive tonight. The NLL was down this year as a whole but mostly on offense, I think that’s getting proven now.

So what are you suggesting that AW and Perrysburg have outgrown the NLL and should join the TRAC?

So what are you suggesting that AW and Perrysburg have outgrown the NLL and should join the TRAC?
Bingo, I dont blame them for liking where they're at and I dont see them ever trying to leave the NLL but at some point I do believe everyone will begin to complain enough that maybe something happens? The fact is this isnt a football issue, look at the league standings in every sport this season and I'd be surprised if a single PB or AW team finished in the bottom half of any sport. These numbers arent going to get any closer.
Whitmer 839 --- 280 per class
Pburg 672 ----- 224
Findlay 600 ---- 200
AW 534 -------- 178
NV 511 --------- 170.....may redistrict so SV grows
Ross 454 ------- 151
Springfield 452 - 151
Clay 442 -------- 147
Lima Sr 429 ---- 143
SV 368 ---------- 123
BG 361 --------- 120
Maumee 285 ---- 95
Napoleon 248 --- 83

Last edited:

Maybe the problem was the due process? If the PTB are hiding something, not much to do. But unless someone has some reason to suspect, reagardless suspicions and paranoias, accusation would be unfair IMO.

I understand that thought but i think it sets a pretty terrible precedent, just leave your locker unlocked if you bring anything illegal in and you cant get in trouble.

Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne will not leave the NLL. Perrysburg in years past would have competed in this region they just didn't have it this year. Coffman is a tough out for anuone. We'll see how Whitmer fares against them. Just because those two are good now doesn't mean it will stay that way. In the NLL things are cyclical. I remember when Maumee was one of the dominant teams in the NLL.

Being cyclical implies that the bad teams become good again. That completely ignores enrollment patterns and available resources. Where are more families moving? Who has multiple good coaching influences and youth programs to develop those resources? That is how you figure out who is going to be good in 5-10 years. If you live in a remote area where people are moving away, or staying flat while other areas continue to acquire more resources, you aren't ever going to be part of that success, unless Joe Burrow magically appears on your roster.

Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne will not leave the NLL. Perrysburg in years past would have competed in this region they just didn't have it this year. Coffman is a tough out for anuone. We'll see how Whitmer fares against them. Just because those two are good now doesn't mean it will stay that way. In the NLL things are cyclical. I remember when Maumee was one of the dominant teams in the NLL.

No team in school history would have won last night, with greater numbers they’ll have better odds of having great teams / athletes but beating up on 6 D2-4 schools will never prepare them for the playoffs in D1.

Yes, maumee has had stretches of good football (the 2nd best team in the league from ‘01-‘11) but they’re enrollment dropped by nearly 50 boys per class since then. Southview is in the same situation but their issue could be resolved.

Last edited:
Y

No team in school history would have won last night, with greater number they’ll have better odds of having great teams / athletes but beating up on 6 D2-4 schools will never prepare them for the playoffs in D1.

I think the team with Dimmerling and TJ Fatikum (sp) would have had a shot.

I think the team with Dimmerling and TJ Fatikum (sp) would have had a shot.

‘07? They made the playoffs in D1 and lost by 22. I think they’re ‘14 team that lost to Nordonia may have been their best and only one I could see competing last night. (I think Coffman could be best in region)

Sylvania has already went redistricting last year. So you'll see the numbers between Southview and Northview balance out.

No team in school history would have won last night, with greater numbers they’ll have better odds of having great teams / athletes but beating up on 6 D2-4 schools will never prepare them for the playoffs in D1.

Yes, maumee has had stretches of good football (the 2nd best team in the league from ‘01-‘11) but they’re enrollment dropped by nearly 50 boys per class since then. Southview is in the same situation but their issue could be resolved.

I agree that it doesn't prepare them for the D1 playoffs. In my opinion for the area one league would be the best option.

The back-up RB? Did he just steal someone's girlfriend? Maybe someone's wife? :ROFLMAO:

You hit the nail on the head when you said it is an uncomfortable situation because it is. We simply do not know enough to judge the kid or "Eastwood's program."

‘07? They made the playoffs in D1 and lost by 22. I think they’re ‘14 team that lost to Nordonia may have been their best and only one I could see competing last night. (I think Coffman could be best in region)

IIRC didn’t Dimmerling get hurt in that game?

Being cyclical implies that the bad teams become good again. That completely ignores enrollment patterns and available resources. Where are more families moving? Who has multiple good coaching influences and youth programs to develop those resources? That is how you figure out who is going to be good in 5-10 years. If you live in a remote area where people are moving away, or staying flat while other areas continue to acquire more resources, you aren't ever going to be part of that success, unless Joe Burrow magically appears on your roster.

God I hate agreeing with this guy.:mad:

Am told Perrysburg's enrollment will surpass Whitmer's in the near future. AW will be right behind. Whitmer's match-up against Coffman will not tell so much about how good Perrysburg is because the Panther/Jacket match-up already did that. Whitmer drilled Perrysburg. The Jacket OC padded his kids stats at the end of the game against Whitmer 2 and 3s.

I watched as Perrysburg beat up on the NLL minus AW and it was gross. It looked exactly like it should, a DI suburban school piss-pounding D2, D3, and D4 schools. Many of which are simply poor football teams this year and it did nothing for the Jackets in terms of prepping for the playoffs.

I agree that it doesn't prepare them for the D1 playoffs. In my opinion for the area one league would be the best option.
And with all of this talk how Perrysburg and AW do not belong in the NLL anymore them leaving still will not happen anytime soon. That league is simply solid from an AD's perspective. Eight teams, all relatively close, demographics the same. There is simply no reason for Perrysburg and AW to leave and Napoleon, BG, and Maumee have no viable option to leave. The NLL is any AD's easy button.

The Jacket's 14' (Dimmerling) & 15' (Hafner) teams would have beaten this years Coffman team. Just my opinion. Those two Perrysburg teams were special with a special group of kids which gave Kregel a very false sense of coaching superiority (losing Brungard hurt just as bad).

Regardless of what Whitmer does next week you saw Coffman beat a bad DI football team last night in the weakest DI region I have ever seen.

Last edited:

The Northwood analogy is great. That was chs1971's point. Why would Perrysburg join the TRAC and get beat up going 5-5/6-4 when they can stay in the NLL and play perhaps one tough out of conference foe, finish 8-2/9-1 every year and make the playoffs?

Perrysburg did not renew with Whitmer so it will be interesting to see who they pick up? Whitmer filled the slot with Waite (4 year deal) because Oregon Clay dropped the Indians. Shame on Whitmer.

Perrysburg did not renew with Whitmer so it will be interesting to see who they pick up? Whitmer filled the slot with Waite (4 year deal) because Oregon Clay dropped the Indians. Shame on Whitmer.
Shame on Whitmer big time.
Funny that P’Burg is dropping Whitmer, Kregel told Dempsey and mid field before their last game and told him he can’t afford to play both CCHS and Whitmer and that he was not re-upping the CCHS contract. Not he’s dropping Whitmer, that guy is really showing his colors now.