Who wins Region 4?

Who will emerge from Region 4 and represent SWO in the semis?

• St. Xavier

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Fairfield

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Colerain

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Elder

Votes: 40 39.2%
  • Lakota West

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Princeton

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mason

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tonight went the way I was expecting. Both X & FF struggled in the 1st half before blowing out their opponents in the 2nd half. Elder & Colerain cruised to victory. This probably has been the most accurate Harbin seeding that I can remember. They really did get the top 4 right this time.

Tonight went the way I was expecting. Both X & FF struggled in the 1st half before blowing out their opponents in the 2nd half. Elder & Colerain cruised to victory. This probably has been the most accurate Harbin seeding that I can remember. They really did get the top 4 right this time.
In reality, there were only 5 deserved playoff teams in Region 4. We all would have been shocked if there was an upset.

I agree but the Harbins did not rank the top 4 right. If it was ranked right it would be Elder Fairfield and St X Colerain next week.

Absolutely not.... I live across the street from Mason high school and expect them to host.....

I can’t be expected to drive downtown to watch these games.

FF got a win. As you stated, there were struggles in the first half. The second half was not perfect either, but better that the first. There will be no time for missed tackles and taking pathetic sacks next week.

How was your experience at The Pit?
Fantastic. Great fans. Great student section. Found great parking close by. I would have preferred a little closer game but I really enjoyed it. The TD right before half was a back breaker for West. Elder is very good and should make a deep run.

Any chance of a double header at PBS or Nippert?
Since the Division I games have been moved to Friday night the chance of having a double-header is gone. Mason and Princeton remain the likely regional semi-final sites. My guess would be Elder-St. X at Mason Friday at 7:00pm and Fairfield-Colerain at Princeton Friday at 7:00pm.

Honestly that's NOT true. Majority of fumbles went right thru Mitch's hands, more an issue with QB than center however center(s) took blame from Bolden just like receiver(s) did for INT's (bad route running) and linemen for sacks. Yes.....center was not always perfect but your QB has to catch a snap if it's snapped little to his left, right, up or down.....when QB gets TWO hands on it he has to CATCH IT! I never said "turnovers", I said fumbles. Even when a fumble takes place and it's not a turnover it's a monument/drive killer for the offense. Yes.....West has been down past few years but as someone pointed out on 2019 GMC thread Cox had this year circled on his calendar, he knew this was going to be an up year and so did West parents in stands this year. 2009 was actually lowest points scored by Colerain at 273 under Bolden and anyone who has been around Colerain football knows Bolden never likes to win by score or two, he wants to crush teams, reflection of scores you noted above past three years. Unfortunately this year with his freshman son at QB he was not able to repeat crushing of teams, INT's, fumbles did not help plus having Afari running east to west in triple where he's best running downhill north to south. It was interesting though to see Bolden call two defensive timeouts last week on Middletown's last drive just before half last week to try and get another score in before half. With :59 seconds on clock West got ball back Bolden put in senior QB and West moved ball in close enough for FG score. Curious why he'd took Mitch out? Was it because Bolden doesn't have confidence in his son he can move offense against a defense that knows you're throwing ball on every play since West had no timeouts left at that point? For not playing since week one, senior QB looked poised in pocket, has a strong arm and would of liked to seen him run offense in second half. Against Elder hopefully West defense can keep it close for little but ultimately Elder would pull away, West offense will not be able to keep up with Elder's ability to put LOTS of points on the board. West had was the LOWEST scoring team with a winning record in GMC this year.
You sound really dumb my friend.... I’ve been to a few West games and honestly I still catch myself in awe about how much of brats you people are in West Chester! You go 7-4 making the playoffs after many dreadful years but I’m assuming your son does not play so you blame a 14 year old kid because his father is the coach. He is clearly the best QB on that team and will be one of the best in Ohio as time goes on... be grateful Tom Bolden came and rescued your pitiful team and brought his son along. He could be at Colerain still competing for STATE TITLES playing powerhouse programs but no he is at West (I still do not understand why) pulling your program as one of the laughing stocks of the GMC to 3rd in 1 year.... cmon man dont you think a grown man trying to bully a 14 year old on yappi because his kid doesnt play a little immature? Even for you ungrateful West fans.... hope Tommy realizes how you all do not deserve a good team and heads somewhere else. And takes Mitch Bolden with him so he can thrash you guys in the future

From our friends at Calpreps.com:

Colerain (Cincinnati, OH) vs. Fairfield (OH) at Princeton (Cincinnati, OH), 7:00pm [projection: Colerain (Cincinnati, OH) 21-20]
St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH) vs. Elder (Cincinnati, OH) at Mason (Mason, OH), 7:00pm [projection: Elder (Cincinnati, OH) 35-34]

And from Drew Pasteur:

#4 Cincinnati Elder (9-2 D1 R4) by 3 (58%) neu #1 Cincinnati St Xavier (9-2 D1 R4)
#2 Fairfield (10-1 D1 R4) by 1 (51%) neu #3 Cincinnati Colerain (10-1 D1 R4)

Spreads of 1, 1, 3, & 1.

Going to be a GOOD night of football in the Queen City!

-CardinalsFan

Since the Elder/X part 2 thread has been derailed, let's breathe some life back into this one. What's the word on the Colerain/Fairfield game? I expect another close game as we saw a couple weeks ago. Is McClain healthy?

From our friends at Calpreps.com:

Colerain (Cincinnati, OH) vs. Fairfield (OH) at Princeton (Cincinnati, OH), 7:00pm [projection: Colerain (Cincinnati, OH) 21-20]
St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH) vs. Elder (Cincinnati, OH) at Mason (Mason, OH), 7:00pm [projection: Elder (Cincinnati, OH) 35-34]

And from Drew Pasteur:

#4 Cincinnati Elder (9-2 D1 R4) by 3 (58%) neu #1 Cincinnati St Xavier (9-2 D1 R4)
#2 Fairfield (10-1 D1 R4) by 1 (51%) neu #3 Cincinnati Colerain (10-1 D1 R4)

Spreads of 1, 1, 3, & 1.

Going to be a GOOD night of football in the Queen City!

-CardinalsFan

Sounds like a couple games that will go down to the wire. I'd really like to see that Colerain/Fairfield game. I wish they played on different nights.

Since the Elder/X part 2 thread has been derailed, let's breathe some life back into this one. What's the word on the Colerain/Fairfield game? I expect another close game as we saw a couple weeks ago. Is McClain healthy?
I would expect it to be a close game. As far as McClain's health...I would be SHOCKED if he wasn't ready to go from the coin flip. I think Krause did the incredibly smart thing last week and benched him to get a full two weeks of rest before seeing Colerain again. FF knew they could handle Hamilton without him so they benched him. He's their best weapon and he's a senior...he'll play. The question is, how "healthy" will he actually be.

I like the Cardinals coaches after having already seen Fairfield once however, the sheer talent on the field for the Indians does exceed that of the Cardinals, in aggregate.

It's going to be a great game and win or lose, I am very happy with what I have seen from Colerain after graduating so many players and installing a completely new coaching staff.

-CardinalsFan

After stopping X on the opening drive, Elder marches down the field and Luebbe finds Royer for a 17 yard TD pass. PAT is good, Elder leads 7-0.

Royer was hurt on the play, but he walks off under his own power.

Sounds like we are getting the games most expected. Elder and X are moving the ball, a turnover by each cost each team points and penalties have stalled drives as well. Elder was turned away twice around the X 30 and X was turned away right before half. They go to halftime tied at 7. Elder will get the 2nd half kickoff.

Colerain still leads 14-7 and just recovered a fumble at midfield. Colerain and Fairfield head to halftime, Cards lead 14-7.

Last edited:
1st play of the 2nd half, Luebbe fumbles and X returns it for a TD.

Elder's radio broadcast sucks. Keep losing it.

Elder forces a punt after another turnover and Luebbe finds Royer for 35 yards and a TD. Tied again at 14.