Alter vs CJ (playoff edition)

Who wins?

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • CJ

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
To my knowledge the two times CJ and Alter have rematched in the playoffs, 2004 and 2017, Alter won the regular season game and CJ won the playoff edition. Hope history repeats itself tonight!

If McDonald is not available, that will be a huge loss for Alter. It seems like hes been the only steady offense for the Knights all year. Seniors better step it up on both sides of the ball or it ends tonight. Been an weird year, some good football and some bad football by the Knights. Definitely has one wondering if the 20 year run is out of gas.

I am sick of hearing about who is playing or any of that jibber jabber. Im glad that dread headed Jesus isn't playing tonight give the rock to your fullback and move on to week 12. Knights 21-7

To be clear, Last year adversity for the knights was not filled by Seniors stepping in to fill the void in the Wapak / Norwalk games . it was 4 sophomores and a junior.. Yes the knights have a spots to fill but this is why you play the game. Good Luck to both teams.
oh well ----regardless of opinion, the Knights will have a very long night ( except for a running clock ) if they can not defend the pass. Either the ball gets caught, or a pass interference penalty usually results. I am not sure why more teams don't go deep early and often on Alter. We shall see tonight which team performs better with the depth that they have. Along with two DB's being out on defense, Alter will be with out starters on offense as well. Their best running back and a starting receiver are also out. Hard to get first downs with out the big fella ! That being said, I hope that it's a good game, and that both teams play their best, with no injuries. After all, it is just high school football.

for some reason this season's team never grew to be better than the some of its parts. The Carroll game was very emblematic and even with a replacement at QB was winnable. The fact that they put it together and won out,upsetting CJ en route shows a lot of pride. Playing up a division with the talent on hand means not mailing it in and coasting on the jersey.. Figure this is as far as it goes for 2019. . Upside is maybe that the 2 sport kids can contribute some to basketball before Christmas which would be a nice plus.

Wow if those players are out, Alter will be severely out-manned. Last week's effort was great to see. It will take that effort and some turnovers for Alter to have a chance.

Wow what a game!!! Alter pulls it out 10-7. Last play 3 sec left CJ has the ball on 1-yard line going for the win rather than kicking fg. Alter intercepts wins game.

oh well ----regardless of opinion, the Knights will have a very long night ( except for a running clock ) if they can not defend the pass. Either the ball gets caught, or a pass interference penalty usually results. I am not sure why more teams don't go deep early and often on Alter. We shall see tonight which team performs better with the depth that they have. Along with two DB's being out on defense, Alter will be with out starters on offense as well. Their best running back and a starting receiver are also out. Hard to get first downs with out the big fella ! That being said, I hope that it's a good game, and that both teams play their best, with no injuries. After all, it is just high school football.
The defense played better than I expected, and certainly proved me wrong for doubting them tonight. It was a much closer game than most people thought it would be. I do believe that CJ's coaches cost them the game, with poor clock management, and play calling. Oh well, CJ goes home, Alter gets a rematch with Badin. Good luck to Knights.

The defense played better than I expected, and certainly proved me wrong for doubting them tonight. It was a much closer game than most people thought it would be. I do believe that CJ's coaches cost them the game, with poor clock management, and play calling. Oh well, CJ goes home, Alter gets a rematch with Badin. Good luck to Knights.
I agree, can't believe the way CJ managed the clock with 3 time outs to go. Also did not once throw go route to #4 who killed Alter in first game. it was a great playoff game much more exciting than 10-7 score would indicate. Congrats to CJ on conference title and a great season.

Heard Minor could have ran it in but he got cute and tried to lob a pass in and the Alter kid made a great play. Great game all in all.

for some reason this season's team never grew to be better than the some of its parts. The Carroll game was very emblematic and even with a replacement at QB was winnable. The fact that they put it together and won out,upsetting CJ en route shows a lot of pride. Playing up a division with the talent on hand means not mailing it in and coasting on the jersey.. Figure this is as far as it goes for 2019. . Upside is maybe that the 2 sport kids can contribute some to basketball before Christmas which would be a nice plus.
I’m guessing the 2 sport kids will need to wait another week, doesn’t matter, they’ll be coasting in on their jersey’s right?

I am completely shocked that Alter won especially with McDonald out. While I am not a fan of Alter, I do respect their champion mindset. It proves to me the value of expectation. I hope the Elks can figure this out too

I am completely shocked that Alter won especially with McDonald out. While I am not a fan of Alter, I do respect their champion mindset. It proves to me the value of expectation. I hope the Elks can figure this out too
I hope that Centerville eventually remembers that is is CENTERVILLE !!!!! GO ELKS !!!!!