Injury’s that completely ruined a teams season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chisel

As we ended week 10 almost every playoff has injury’s but are there any that happened in the last week or two that ruins a teams chance at winning? Or injury’s that happened in the off-season and doomed a teams season ?

It happens.

Many want to justify a loss because they had kids out, or some struggling with injuries but what you don't realize is that the other team also has kids who are not at their best due to injuries.

Stay around long enough and there are years you benefit from other injuries, and years it bites you.

The big one that jumps to mind is New Philadelphia's DI recruit (E. Michigan) and multi-year starting QB who injured his arm in week 10 against archrival Dover. Ironically, when this currently injured QB was a freshman, he started in the playoffs and helped the team win a couple games after that team's DI recruit (Bucknell) and multi-year starting QB broke his leg in week 10 against Dover.

That said, I don't care to pin a team's entire hopes on 1 kid. At the end of the day, it's still a team sport, so if 1 player is injured or makes a bad play, there are others on the field who can step up and make up for it. The currently injured QB and his teammates stepped up 3 years ago when that starting QB went down. It will be challenging but can happen again as long as the team doesn't give in to the idea that they can't do it without the injured player.

QB1 is definitely a tough injury to absorb, especially if the offense revolves heavily around him.

I think Hartley was set to win the state in 2014 until the injuries to two of the team captains hit. Yes, Coldwater fans. I think we were going to win the rematch. Fourth time is the charm, lol. All state linebacker went out in first half of regional championship. He called everything on defense. All state defensive end went out on last play of same game. Hard to create new leaders in a week. Wouldn't say the season was ruined. A lot of teams would love to win a regional championship.

I think Hartley was set to win the state in 2014 until the injuries to two of the team captains hit. Yes, Coldwater fans. I think we were going to win the rematch. Fourth time is the charm, lol. All state linebacker went out in first half of regional championship. He called everything on defense. All state defensive end went out on last play of same game. Hard to create new leaders in a week. Wouldn't say the season was ruined. A lot of teams would love to win a regional championship.
No disrespect to Hartley, but no one was going to beat Coldwater in the playoffs that year, especially with Brody Hoyng at QB. Canton CC (who beat Hartley) ended up getting smoked by 40+ in the championship game against Coldwater.

I think when Anna's QB got hurt a couple years ago, torn ACL during pregame if I recall, had an enormous impact on that team. They were a completely different team before and after that injury, and I think they might have made a run in the playoffs with that guy healthy.

2013 wk 2 Coldwater 41-16 over Hartley
2013 wk 15 Coldwater 24-7 over Hartley
2014 wk 2 Coldwater 27-14 over Hartley
2014 Hartley wk 14 loses to Canton Central Catholic 34-24
2014 Coldwater wk 15 beats Canton Central Catholic 62-21

Sorry Sap, I wouldn’t say the Hawks didn’t have a chance but the odds were never in your favor in 2014.l for a rematch victory over the Cavs. I watched the 2013 wk 2 on tv, the best player in that game was Brody Hoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.