Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

Coldwater announced its 2020 schedule. Coldwater drops Versailles from the schedule.

@Kenton

Mount Healthy

Fort Recovery

@ New Bremen

@ DSJ

Anna

St Henry

@ Minster

Marion Local

@ Parkway

You kind of make it sound like Coldwater had a choice on "dropping" Versailles. The league sets the league schedule based on the standings.....it's too confusing for me to explain it - and I am sure you know that, just thought some might be confused about the way you worded it.

Coldwater has a nice bowling ally. Remember walking there for phys ed class back in the day. Of course, that was only after you passed the test on how to score it manually!

You kind of make it sound like Coldwater had a choice on "dropping" Versailles. The league sets the league schedule based on the standings.....it's too confusing for me to explain it - and I am sure you know that, just thought some might be confused about the way you worded it.
I know it's based of standings. Just kind of disappointing since we've played them off and on since the 30's.

I know it's based of standings. Just kind of disappointing since we've played them off and on since the 30's.
We all knew with the rotating schedule that there was going to be some great long standing matchups that were going to be missed from time to time.

We have to look at the overall picture for the whole league and making this move was a great one for the league.

Any one have a complete MAC schedule for next season ? Imagine Marion Local will either not play Parkway or DSJ. Wonder how much of an uproar their would be if CW and SH were not to play each other ?

We all knew with the rotating schedule that there was going to be some great long standing matchups that were going to be missed from time to time.

We have to look at the overall picture for the whole league and making this move was a great one for the league.
Yes like co champions who did not play each other.

Still better than just 1 OOC game.

I wholeheartedly believe this has helped the league immensely. It allowed teams like FR, NB to avoid some of the top teams, and assured loss, and find winnable games when they were building their brand, and allowed the MSMLs and CWs to seek out higher profile OOC games. MSML has had a hard time finding some teams but overall this has been a plus for the MAC>

True. But you know that the universe can't have those shenanigans... which is why they are meeting in week 11. Funny how that worked out. Has to be divine intervention ;)

IF Minster beats Anna then Minster is the "official" unofficial champs because they beat ML
IF Anna beats Minster then ML is the "official" unofficial champs because they beat Anna

Still an official 3 way tie in the MAC record books... but we will all know in our hearts :ROFLMAO:

True. But you know that the universe can't have those shenanigans... which is why they are meeting in week 11. Funny how that worked out. Has to be divine intervention ;)

IF Minster beats Anna then Minster is the "official" unofficial champs because they beat ML
IF Anna beats Minster then ML is the "official" unofficial champs because they beat Anna

Still an official 3 way tie in the MAC record books... but we will all know in our hearts :ROFLMAO:

Marion Local would like a word..?

Computer/Harbing gurus...
I realize it wouldn't be exact, but what point total would if:

You take out the points for Minster on their win vs an 8-2 DVI game (Covington)?
Take out Anna's victory over a 6-4 D5 team?
NB if you take the victory away against a 6-4 D7 team?
Replace CW's win vs a 5-5 D3 team and replace it with a 3-7 DVI team (PW)

If we were just a one OOC game, I think it is safe to say NB loses MSML and is out of the playoffs.

Either Anna or Minster would have an additional loss so one would lose those points from their week 2 game.

CW def drops a little, not sure if out of the playoffs though.

MAC championships are great, no doubt, but lets not fool ourselves we all rmember what happens come playoff time.

Still better than just 1 OOC game.

I wholeheartedly believe this has helped the league immensely. It allowed teams like FR, NB to avoid some of the top teams, and assured loss, and find winnable games when they were building their brand, and allowed the MSMLs and CWs to seek out higher profile OOC games. MSML has had a hard time finding some teams but overall this has been a plus for the MAC>
I agree partly, ML a D - 7 school def. the three largest schools in the MAC this year. Plus before the rotating schedule from 1999 to 2006 the MAC had 5 different state champions plus NB made the play offs in 04 . Does it help get more teams in the play offs, yes but their are some serious draw backs ( I believe ) such as co champs not playing each other and the Flyers having a very rough time finding non league opponents.

Last edited:
thanks for making that point..I have NEVER heard us running the score up .....OCL might be a bit of a troll
you don't seem to mind that a second string RB scored from 98 yards on a simple handoff off tackle...… you think a team was running up the score....do you know ALL the facts before you post.....
I do mind. Enlighten me with all the facts that I don't know. The class act would be to down the ball and run out the clock but that didn't happen. Every one tells me that if a simple tackle was made, it wouldn't have been an issue, but if St. Henry had made some tackles, Hawk probably wouldn't have been close to the record. You can't have both ways. Class is more than what you went to before football practice.

Coldwater has a nice bowling ally. Remember walking there for phys ed class back in the day. Of course, that was only after you passed the test on how to score it manually!

You had to walk there? Wilker used to drive us there on a bus! Still had to learn how to score manually though!!

I do mind. Enlighten me with all the facts that I don't know. The class act would be to down the ball and run out the clock but that didn't happen. Every one tells me that if a simple tackle was made, it wouldn't have been an issue, but if St. Henry had made some tackles, Hawk probably wouldn't have been close to the record. You can't have both ways. Class is more than what you went to before football practice.
I don't think big kat said anything about Parkway's coach trying to put Hawk's name in the record book at the expense of tacking another score on SH. I did. Minster might be many things but never heard of them running up the score, obviously you differ, but lets please move on.

I agree partly, ML a D - 7 school def. the three largest schools in the MAC this year. Plus before the rotating schedule from 1999 to 2006 the MAC had 5 different state champions plus NB made the play offs in 04 . Does it help get more teams in the play offs, yes but their are some serious draw backs ( I believe ) such as co champs not playing each other and the Flyers having a very rough time finding non league opponents.

Yes, from 1999-2006 that is true but one big change happened.

Anna was added in 2006. I know you know this, but there are a lot of readers that may not, but when Versaillles was added in 2001 it created a scheduling issue that was not sustainable.

When Parkway missed the playoffs at 8-2, winning their lone OOC game, the league acted quickly and I believe it has been for the good.

Can anyone explain to an outsider exactly how the MAC scheduling works?
Every two years it rotates based on record.

Top team over that two year period wont play the bottom team.
Second best doesn't play the second lowest.

..and so on.

It allows teams who have fallen on some times to avoid the top teams, and the top teams the chance to schedule up.
It affords each team a chance to get a second OOC game. As I stated, when Anna added the conference went to a 9 game slate.

Parkway went 8-2 and missed the playoffs even by winning their OOC game so the MAC went to this rotating schedule.

Personally, I think it assisted Ft Recovery to their rise and allowed them to build, and same with NB right now.

Minster folk are too proud to admit it, but I think it helped them as well. Right around the time of this all happening the Cats had some historical bad records, like 0 and 1 win seasons. This easily could have helped them rebuild as quickly as they did.

Yes, from 1999-2006 that is true but one big change happened.

Anna was added in 2006. I know you know this, but there are a lot of readers that may not, but when Versaillles was added in 2001 it created a scheduling issue that was not sustainable.

When Parkway missed the playoffs at 8-2, winning their lone OOC game, the league acted quickly and I believe it has been for the good.

You mean that if a team(s) that are seemingly deserving of a playoff spot even if they didn't garner enough points in their region were to not make it... adjustments league wide were made moving forward that made it better for EVERYONE in the long run?!? Quite the concept... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

For the slower ones... that is reference to adjustments the OHSAA can and should make regarding playoff qualifications. I am not suggesting a specific solution but I think they could take a page out of the ol' MAC playbook here in SOME way. Sometimes, and it should be more often than not, it should be more about the WHOLE and not the individual. :)

The MAC does A LOT of things right... On and off the field. Certainly not the only ones that can claim this but the longevity and consistency certainly points to them being one of the greatest of all time.???

You mean that if a team that is seemingly deserving of a playoff spot even if they didn't garner enough points in their region were to not make it... adjustments league wide were made moving forward that made it better for EVERYONE in the long run?!? Quite the concept... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

For the slower ones... that is reference to adjustments the OHSAA can and should make regarding playoff qualifications. I am not suggesting a specific solution but I think they could take a page out of the ol' MAC playbook here in SOME way. Sometimes, and should be more often than not, it should be more about the WHOLE and not the individual. :)

The MAC does A LOT of things right... On and off the field. Certainly not the only ones that can claim this but the longevity and consistency certainly points to them being one of the greatest of all time.???
Change alwyays comes faster on the smaller scale.

Am I ready for a change? That is why I did that study in the 32 thread from last night. I wanted to see if any of the teams who would have been left out under a 32 team format truly did damage come playoff time. The move to 8 was dead on with proof of 14 state champions.

Every two years it rotates based on record.

Top team over that two year period wont play the bottom team.
Second best doesn't play the second lowest.

..and so on.

It allows teams who have fallen on some times to avoid the top teams, and the top teams the chance to schedule up.
It affords each team a chance to get a second OOC game. As I stated, when Anna added the conference went to a 9 game slate.

Parkway went 8-2 and missed the playoffs even by winning their OOC game so the MAC went to this rotating schedule.

Personally, I think it assisted Ft Recovery to their rise and allowed them to build, and same with NB right now.

Minster folk are too proud to admit it, but I think it helped them as well. Right around the time of this all happening the Cats had some historical bad records, like 0 and 1 win seasons. This easily could have helped them rebuild as quickly as they did.

Takes me back to the old Maconline days....Remember that guy from Minster that wrote a book about "Is it time?" because he felt like at the time Minster couldn't be competitive with elite of the MAC?

Then there was this guy from Coldwater. Every year before the schedule change, he complained about playing Fort Recovery. "Do we have to play them this year? They won't give us any computer points....Wah Wah" Then we didn't play Coldwater for 2 years and he posts "Sure miss playing Fort Recovery" smh

Takes me back to the old Maconline days....Remember that guy from Minster that wrote a book about "Is it time?" because he felt like at the time Minster couldn't be competitive with elite of the MAC?

Then there was this guy from Coldwater. Every year before the schedule change, he complained about playing Fort Recovery. "Do we have to play them this year? They won't give us any computer points....Wah Wah" Then we didn't play Coldwater for 2 years and he posts "Sure miss playing Fort Recovery" smh
Don't remember that book. Same guy who wrote Red White Friday Nights bout SH, who then moved to Minster?

Minster really struggled there for a bit. 0, 1 win seasons....

2019 MAC Football Team Champions:
Anna 9-1 (7-1), Marion Local 8-2 (7-1), Minster 9-1 (7-1)
2019 MAC Coaches of the Year:
Nick Marino (Anna), Tim Goodwin (Marion Local), Geron Stokes (Minster)
2019 MAC Offensive Player of the Year: Riley Huelskamp (Anna)
2019 MAC Defensive Player of the Year: Matt Everman (Marion Local)
2019 MAC Honorary First Team Player: Shane Homan (Coldwater)
FIRST TEAM OFFENSE
OFFENSIVE END
Noah Miller Coldwater
RECEIVERS/SPLIT ENDS
Gavin Thobe Fort Recovery
Charles Huelsman Marion Local
Trent Roetgerman Minster
PUNTER
Wil Luthman Anna
KICKER
Blake Dippold Coldwater
CENTER
Luke Dye Anna
GUARDS
Wil Luthman Anna
Dustin Frericks Minster
TACKLES
Matt Everman Marion Local
Dylan Sharp Minster
QUARTERBACK
Bart Bixler Anna
RUNNING BACKS
Riley Huelskamp Anna
Alex Schmitmeyer Minster
Nick Hawk Parkway
UTILITY/ATHLETES
Jake Hemmelgarn Coldwater
Brandon Fleck Marion Local
Jacob Niemeyer Minster
FIRST TEAM DEFENSE
DEFENSIVE ENDS
Malachi Minnich Anna
Matt Everman Marion Local
INTERIOR LINEMEN
Wil Luthman Anna
Kyle Riethman Minster
INSIDE LINEBACKERS
Russell Klosterman Coldwater
Grant Meier Marion Local
OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS
Nathan Grieshop Coldwater
Jacob Acheson Fort Recovery
CORNERBACKS
Isaac Lininger Anna
Peyton Otte Marion Local
SAFETIES
Riley Huelskamp Anna
Mitchell Hays New Bremen
SECOND TEAM OFFENSE
OFFENSIVE END
Kam Steward Anna
RECEIVERS/SPLIT ENDS
Jeffrey Richards Anna
Will Broering Coldwater
Regan Martin Fort Recovery
PUNTER
Trent Roetgerman Minster
KICKER
Alex Klosterman Marion Local
CENTER
Troy Mescher Marion Local
GUARDS
Nathan Ungruhn Marion Local
Kyle Riethman Minster
TACKLES
Dylan Steinke-Ellinger Anna
Ryan Paul New Bremen
QUARTERBACK
Kyle Muhlenkamp Marion Local
RUNNING BACKS
Zach Bertke New Bremen
Wyatt Dicke New Bremen
Landon Henry Versailles
SECOND TEAM DEFENSE
DEFENSIVE ENDS
Dylan Sharp Minster
Nick Hawk Parkway
INTERIOR LINEMEN
Ryan Paul New Bremen
Brayden Keihl Versailles
INSIDE LINEBACKERS
Isaac Egbert Anna
Kam Steward Anna
Zach Bertke New Bremen
OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS
Dan Homan New Bremen
Jason Luth Parkway
CORNERBACKS
Zach McKibben Coldwater
Brendan Bornhorst Minster
SAFETIES
Ross Weigel Coldwater
Kody Richard Minster
HONORABLE MENTION
ANNA: Zach Ambos, Anthony Billing, Nolan Emerson, Evan Poeppelman, Brandon Shannon
COLDWATER: Myles Blasingame, Patrick Cupp, Adam Diller, Josh Hrycko, Blake Siefring, Nolan Tobe
FORT RECOVERY: Brian Bihn, Owen Moorman, Josh Muhlenkamp, Mitchell Pugh, Cobe Wendel
MARION LOCAL: Zach Bruggeman, Derrek Kemper, Blake Schwieterman, Braden Topp
MINSTER: Byran Falk, Leland Frick, Alex Frimel, Phil Trzaska
NEW BREMEN: Spencer Alig, Ben Blickle, Nolan Bornhorst, Sean LeFleur
PARKWAY: Brendan Etzcorn, Caleb Kinney, Mason Landers, Corey Walls
ST. HENRY: Jackson Heath, Carter Staugler
ST. JOHN’S: Jordan Brown, Isaac Fairchild, Brady Grothaus, Devin Lindeman, Chase Martin
VERSAILLES: Kyle Dirksen, Isaac Grilliot, Eli McEldowney, Taran Tyo