College Basketball Live - 2019-2020

Spille

Couple of big games to kick off opening day/night. Top 4 ranked teams square off in the Champions Classic as #3 Kansas takes on #4 Duke, followed by #1 Michigan St and #2 Kentucky.

Should be two great games!!! Any predictions on who's standing at the end? I'm sure no one had Virginia and Texas Tech last year!

Between all the turnovers in the 1st game and the fouls in the 2nd, there has been no flow. Pretty touch watch, but kind of expected given it's game 1.

This Maxey kid for UK is something else. Getting into the paint anytime he wants.

Watched some of Kansas and Duke and it was pretty ugly for the most part. Definitely looked like an early season game. Tons of turnovers and fouls.

They need to stop doing the Duke/KU/UK/MSU games. They're awful. I think the planners of this thing want it to be like the Chicfila kickoff in football, but since it's basketball the games are usually ugly and hard to watch. If it was scheduled around early December before conference play starts it would be a much more entertaining event.

They need to stop doing the Duke/KU/UK/MSU games. They're awful. I think the planners of this thing want it to be like the Chicfila kickoff in football, but since it's basketball the games are usually ugly and hard to watch. If it was scheduled around early December before conference play starts it would be a much more entertaining event.
I don’t know they need to stop them, but they were pretty bad last night.

I don’t know they need to stop them, but they were pretty bad last night.
They don’t need to stop them, but push the games back a few weeks. Give these teams a chance to get in a flow instead of putting this front & center the first game of the yr.

A terrible game by I think a couple middling teams. Ohio State has talent, UC has Cumberland but that’s about it. He may be wishing he went pro. That UC team should have blown OSU out in the first half. They just have zero shooters, zero inside quality big men. It’s the Cumberland show and he legit sucked tonight. Ohio state was just slightly better and helped by a few very questionable calls.

Xavier clearly the best right now in Ohio.

A terrible game by I think a couple middling teams. Ohio State has talent, UC has Cumberland but that’s about it. He may be wishing he went pro. That UC team should have blown OSU out in the first half. They just have zero shooters, zero inside quality big men. It’s the Cumberland show and he legit sucked tonight. Ohio state was just slightly better and helped by a few very questionable calls.

Xavier clearly the best right now in Ohio.

It’s one game.

The UC vs OSU was an ugly looking opener, but that doesn’t diminish that these teams should meet every season. So far, there is no renewal on tap, but OSU’s coach has publicly expressed his desire for OSU to have UC and X on the schedule every season. I agree. Hope it happens. No reason it shouldn’t.

UCLA won by 4 over Long Beach St last night in Cronin's debut. UCLA was losing for most of the game before a late run sealed the win.

UCLA won by 4 over Long Beach St last night in Cronin's debut. UCLA was losing for most of the game before a late run sealed the win.
I was surprised UCLA hired Cronin. They need to be entertaining to be relevant in the LA market and Cronin’s style is the opposite of entertaining. I always felt he wasted a lot of talent while at UC. He will be fired from UCLA in three years, IMO. Bad fit.

The UC vs OSU was an ugly looking opener, but that doesn’t diminish that these teams should meet every season. So far, there is no renewal on tap, but OSU’s coach has publicly expressed his desire for OSU to have UC and X on the schedule every season. I agree. Hope it happens. No reason it shouldn’t.

Brannen is also in favor of playing OSU.

I watched Dayton for the first time last night. They are really good. Obi Toppin is a special player. They play Kansas today.

It's been a crazy season so far. Really hard to tell. That's why I replied the way I did.
Dayton, St X and OSU have been doing pretty well and against good competition.

St X will look better once the football.players get into basketball shape. They can make a run for the GCL