Northwest Ohio Playoff thread

I would easily put CCHS' Gallagher Stadium, Oregon Clay's Memorial, Whitmer Memorial, Don Paul Stadium in Fremont, AND Donnell Stadium in Findlay ahead of Steinecker.

To each his own though.
Respectfully disagree but they are all great venues. I hate going to games at CCHS because of the very limited parking but love the stadium.

Respectfully disagree but they are all great venues. I hate going to games at CCHS because of the very limited parking but love the stadium.
Parking in Findlay and Fremont isn't the greatest, either. Other than that, the facilities mentioned above are solid.

You can take it to the bank, Rayford is out the rest of the season for a second violation. Same one that he had to set out in track last year.
I don't think they can beat Liberty Benton now. I was hoping for a great game with Oak Harbor but not now. He sure let his team down. Hopefully thing get better for him and learn for this.

So it looks like for the first time since its inception the TRAC will get 4 teams into the playoffs (CC, Whitmer, SJ, SF).

I'm looking forward to seeing what Oak Harbor can do. I just think this is one of those special groups.
Just an observation. The TRAC is as powerful now as the old Buckeye Conference ever was.

You can take it to the bank, Rayford is out the rest of the season for a second violation. Same one that he had to set out in track last year.
I don't think they can beat Liberty Benton now. I was hoping for a great game with Oak Harbor but not now. He sure let his team down. Hopefully thing get better for him and learn for this.
Agree with everything you said. Going to be tough against LB without Rayford.
Hopefully people aren’t enabling him and actually getting him help to understand that his actions will have consequences. Or he will just end up as a kid with a great opportunity that didn’t learn.... always pulling for a kid to figure it out.

Agree. It almost cost them versus Rossford. Not having him will hurt against better defenses, but they really miss him in the secondary.

IB, tell us about the Whitmer matchup for Friday.

Clayton Northmont. I got a chance to see some film on these guys and it will be no easy match-up for the Panthers. I think NWOhio loses focus of DI football to a degree since we only have 3 D1 schools and only Whitmer and CCHS are on that big boy state plane level. Any DI school making the playoffs has size, speed, talent, depth and Northmont is no exception. I would compare them to SJ but with a FAR better defense (they two platoon). They have a QB that can chuck it all over the place and 4 really talented WR's coupled with a big Oline (6'2 275 avg.). It will be a chore no less. They also played a tough schedule losing to three really good football teams in close battles.

How about CCHS? I know you will tell me the Knights have a shot but I just do not see it.

Clayton Northmont. I got a chance to see some film on these guys and it will be no easy match-up for the Panthers. I think NWOhio loses focus of DI football to a degree since we only have 3 D1 schools and only Whitmer and CCHS are on that big boy state plane level. Any DI school making the playoffs has size, speed, talent, depth and Northmont is no exception. I would compare them to SJ but with a FAR better defense (they two platoon). They have a QB that can chuck it all over the place and 4 really talented WR's coupled with a big Oline (6'2 275 avg.). It will be a chore no less. They also played a tough schedule losing to three really good football teams in close battles.

How about CCHS? I know you will tell me the Knights have a shot but I just do not see it.
I think Whitmer will be fine. You're playing a 6-4 squad with no quality wins, and someone with 3-11 all-time playoff record.

SFS O strength is CCHS D strength. The Irish front 7 is pretty good and SFS really can’t throw the ball, especially as the season grows older into mid November. Kizer will throw some straight vertical go routes, but nothing that should keep Brown up at night. I’m not a fan of playing the same team 2 times in a 3 week period, especially with what I think is a pretty immature Irish squad. Time will tell and we’ll find out soon enough.
Go all local teams!!!

I'm scared of everyone. Their losses came to some very good teams and they were in every game. They have enough to beat the Panthers that is for sure.
Your attitude is right on the money. All it takes in the playoffs is one bad night and you're done.
It doesn't matter who's better......It only matters who wins that night.
As you may know, cchs1983, I'm an AW fan. I'm feeling the same way as you are! ??

Right now, I'm also a Whitmer fan, a Central fan, and Perrysburg fan, Let's hope it'll be a fun playoff year.

NDLover said: Perrysburg with the new home side and new scoreboard is the top high school stadium in NW Ohio.
I would easily put CCHS' Gallagher Stadium, Oregon Clay's Memorial, Whitmer Memorial, Don Paul Stadium in Fremont, AND Donnell Stadium in Findlay ahead of Steinecker.

To each his own though.

Don Paul then the others. There are tracks with infields and then there are football fields. I cant even put them in the same category. This gives Lake a leg up too. If Waite had a visitors stands, there wouldn't be a discussion.

PBurg does have good chow though.

I think Whitmer will be fine. You're playing a 6-4 squad with no quality wins, and someone with 3-11 all-time playoff record.

Northmont has two top 50 Ohio recruits and other lower leverl DI. They beat Pick N, that's quality. They were within score of Springboro and the all too familiar Trotwood-Madison. Only down 11 to 9-1 Springfield. Solid DI schedules by them and their opponents. That's a gruel Whitmer can't recognize. Whitmer I can't imagine is favored.

Northmont has always prided themselves on being a hard hitting physical team for years. Whitmer doesn't have to win pretty, just survive and advance. 2 1/2 hr bus ride, home field will play a big role in this one.

Don Paul then the others. There are tracks with infields and then there are football fields. I cant even put them in the same category. This gives Lake a leg up too. If Waite had a visitors stands, there wouldn't be a discussion.

PBurg does have good chow though.
I played at the Waite Bowl in the 80’s and I agree if it had an away side like back then it would be hands down the best.

Whitmer won’t have any problems with Northmont.

Been hearing Oak Harbor is really good but haven’t seen them this year.

I also like Liberty Benton to beat Eastwood without Rayford. Beating Roasford by 2 last week isn’t a good sign for Eastwood.

Last edited:
Whitmer won’t have any problems with Northmont.

Been hearing Oak Harbor is really good but haven’t seen them this year.

I also like Liberty Benton to beat Eastwood without Rayford. Beating Roasford by 2 last week isn’t a good sign for Eastwood.
Liberty Benton would have been a tough out even if Eastwood had Rayford.
Oak Harbor has had a lot of attention in D5 this year, but their SOS is only 51/107. They had a good run last year, but sometimes not getting tested/seeing talent during regular season can catch up to teams in playoffs.

Did this Rayford play on the ‘17 runner up team? I remember them having a very very good RB that year.

Are you parking at CCHS or at St V's behind the garage? I don't recall being limited by parking, but then I guess I'm rarely the last one to show up so maybe that's why.

Rayford out for the year is being reported for injury ..... anyone from Eastwood have anything ?
I heard today it was because he got caught with marijuana or some other illegal substance at school. I heard this from a parent from another school in the league. But the kids among the various teams all seem to know. I heard he lost a potential scholarship too because of it. I am only reporting what I heard.

Anyone with some insight on Lima Central Catholic vs Sherwood Fairview? Don't know too much about Fairview, but I have to think LCC is favored in this one.