Anna vs Minster

In a way it is. However, it would be more of a shame if some people got what they want, both of them playing someone from halfway across the state. Screw nice, the "top-32" people are idiots.
According to Drew Pasteur:

Anna (#1 in D6) @ Minster (#3) - Lima Central Catholic (#8) likely awaiting in the second round

Also of interest in Region 23:

Coldwater (#2) @ Archbold (#5) - Liberty Center (#6) likely awaiting in the second round

That is some heavyweight first two rounds playoff games.
Still trying to understand the computer system and equations for regional seeding...Those rankings contradict the seedings... and not for one or two teams....but 3 teams above all 3 MAC teams (who have the toughest ranked schedules).

Best eating recommendations for Minster before or after the game?
Each spring around Easter weekend there is the MAC WingFest in New Bremen. Different places around the MAC towns bring their best wings in and it is blast. A place in Minster, The Dutch Mill, has won it the most times.
It is a little hole in the wall bar, but the wings were always excellent. With that said though, they don't always seem up to snuff when you go to the bar, but at the wingfest they have won it the most often

I'll go with:

Minster 30
Anna 20

I like Minster over everyone in this region as of now. If they happen to meet Coldwater in the regional finals, all bets are off.

I'll go with Anna by 10. Having watched both teams play Marion, I believe Minster will need to play a perfect game to win.

All talent and skill aside, this game is going to be won in the trenches. Both teams display size and athleticism upfront. It should be quite the battle. Bottom line whoever wins the line of scrimmage wins this game. Too close to call for me.

My gut says Anna...but Minster's passing game is tough, I'll go Minster....but Anna's rushing attack is above most.... Hell I give up. I'll just have to go watch the game to find out.

I'm going to this one also - and really looking forward to it. I hope to get there early and grab a good seat on the home bleachers (while being respectful to the Minster fans who should get the better seats).

Is there a plaque of any kind in Minster Memorial stadium that mentions the names of the deceased for whom the stadium is dedicated?

Is there a plaque of any kind in Minster Memorial stadium that mentions the names of the deceased for whom the stadium is dedicated?
there is also plaques by each tree around the stadium , that is for people that have passed on that have been associated with the school, and also of former students and students that have passed away far too soon. The latest being of ACTION Jackson Hogenkamp that would have been a Junior on this years football team.

Stop living in the past.
Anna has never had a senior laden class like this one. This is their year, finally
I have no dog in the fight, but just don't see it. Perhaps the Rockets will prove me wrong but 3-11 playoff history against a rival MAC program with playoff success is difficult for me to ignore.

I decided I'm making the trip to Minster tonight to check this one out. Have never attended at game there, any insight from the locals?

I decided I'm making the trip to Minster tonight to check this one out. Have never attended at game there, any insight from the locals?
Pretty nice place. Right along 66 so it is easy to get to. Dutch Mill has great wings, Buds have fantastic pizza, stay away from the overrated Wooden Shoe, um, other than that just expect the home town fan base to go home unhappy.

If you have never been before, head to Oktoberfest next year, it is a blast.

The more people I talk to today the larger I expect the crowd to be tonight, at least from non-Minster/Anna people. Minster’s home bleachers are huge and should accommodate the non-partisan fans, but the visitor’s side is just average and Anna fans should fill it up.

The more people I talk to today the larger I expect the crowd to be tonight, at least from non-Minster/Anna people. Minster’s home bleachers are huge and should accommodate the non-partisan fans, but the visitor’s side is just average and Anna fans should fill it up.
Their should be plenty of room on the Minster side of the field. Its A Friday night game starts @ 7 pm most Minster people will still be counting their money from the past week and when they start drinking, they'll have forgotten all about the football game.

I think there are around 1,300 seats on the Visitors side, around 3,500 on Home side... a little history on those seats, Minster got them seats from Buajan Field at the University of Dayton in 1977...… great places up town for visitors, from Willies bar and Grill, Wooden Shoe, Buds Pizza, Eagles, Dutch Mill, and Community Lanes bowling alley....also there is a Mcdonalds across from the Stadium

Last edited:
Driving from Lebanon to see some MACaction on grass. Hopefully we can get there around 6:30. Hopefully a good game. Regardless, I am lead to believe the winner will be a state title favorite. Only concern may be parking arriving at that time. Is there any advice along those lines?

Driving from Lebanon to see some MACaction on grass. Hopefully we can get there around 6:30. Hopefully a good game. Regardless, I am lead to believe the winner will be a state title favorite. Only concern may be parking arriving at that time. Is there any advice along those lines?

You may want to try parking across 66 in the strip mall. I imagine the school lots will be filled and likely the swimming pool lot as well.

I think there is around 1,300 seats on the Visitors side, around 3,500 on Home side... a little history on those seats, Minster got them seats from Buajan Field at the University of Dayton...… great places up town for visitors, from Willies bar and Grill, Wooden Shoe, Buds Pizza, Eagles, Dutch Mill, and Community Lanes bowling alley....also there is a Mcdonalds across from the Stadium
and you forgot the biggest tidbit of info..........

Until they got those bleachers, ALL of the seating was on the home side and ZERO on the visitors!

(I would stay away from Wooden Shoe...overrated)

and you forgot the biggest tidbit of info..........

Until they got those bleachers, ALL of the seating was on the home side and ZERO on the visitors!

(I would stay away from Wooden Shoe...overrated)
great Bar.... beer is cold... and about those bleachers....gosh that was fun hearing from the opposing fans for ALL those years....:)

I’ve been to the wooden shoe. Blandest fried chicken I’ve ever had. ?

And I recall correctly the salad was just iceberg lettuce and dressing. Haha