McKinley football 2019

You can grab the shirt or the weave for that matter....but throw the ball and it doesnt matter...you were beat before 6am get over it....

Good game to watch. That 3rd down play I have 2 complaints about the same play: 1) McK should have given the ball to Garrett 2) That horsecollar should have been called. Not crying about refs the better team won. I have to say I can admire the balls of throwing that pass like Massillon did.

Last edited:
I totally thought they would keep it on the ground to run clock and force the pups to use their last time out and then kick. Took me by surprise too. Gutsy call.

At a great post game event at the HOF. Lights still on in the best HS stadium in the state at 11 when I left. This place was awesome today and tonight.
I never knew that the HOF had toilet attendant's.....Congratulations on your new job. I will agree with you on one thing...The best HS Stadium in the State looks awesome with the lights on.....I just never realized that PBTS was that visible from the HOF.

All joking aside....Nice job Canton....It was a great atmosphere as always. Both team's played a hard fought game with tremendous fan support on each side of the Stadium. It's all part of what makes this the best rivalry game in High School football.

Best of luck the rest of the way.....Now go win that D1 Championship. GO STARK COUNTY!

All joking aside....Nice job Canton....It was a great atmosphere as always. Both team's played a hard fought game with tremendous fan support on each side of the Stadium. It's all part of what makes this the best rivalry game in High School football.

Best of luck the rest of the way.....Now go win that D1 Championship. GO STARK COUNTY!
What about jackson? If McKinley led wins the D1, Jackson cant.

Benson is a great stadium. Love the bucket seats. Just don't like the atmosphere, distance from field, or "hs feel". Regular games have to suck no?

And what's up w/ all the $20 parking??? This ain't a Cavs game. Greedy basterds, lol. Though I found the perfect spot for "only" $10 that I must remember next time. :)

Ok week 10 game discussions are on the other threads, so use them instead. This is the McKinley football thread, and our season continues. We have to move on now and get ready for Round 1 in the states toughest region. So now it's on to the playoffs to meet Solon in Tom Benson HOF Stadium.

GO Bulldogs!

Always keep the faith!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

Ok week 10 game discussions are on the other threads, so use them instead. This is the McKinley football thread, and our season continues. We have to move on now and get ready for Round 1 in the states toughest region. So now it's on to the playoffs to meet Solon in Tom Benson HOF Stadium.

GO Bulldogs!

Always keep the faith!

Solon , like us , is 8-2 and finished #5 in the region behind McKinley, which defied early season projections of finishing 6-8 to finish 4th.
Solon defeated Euclid, our early loss, and have not lost since their game with Mentor 5 weeks ago. They suffered an early season loss to Stow, but decisively defeated a good Medina team and appear to be playing their best football just in time for the playoffs. I know their quarterback returns from last season's encounter. He can run and pass and has some big linemen to block for him. Their defense has been stingy since they began their current win streak. It will be a test for our team that has to be met with a renewed focus in order to prevail.

GO BULLDOGS!

ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH!

Can't wait to goto Benson for this game. Haven't been there since it was still Fawcett.
Comets have some weapons on both sides of the ball and hopefully can step up to the opportunity and not stare at the surroundings.
Pups bounced back last year after a Week 10 loss and took it to us at Stewart Field last year. Hope we can bring it from up North and get some stops.

Lets go 'Mets!

Solon , like us , is 8-2 and finished #5 in the region behind McKinley, which defied early season projections of finishing 6-8 to finish 4th.
Solon defeated Euclid, our early loss, and have not lost since their game with Mentor 5 weeks ago. They suffered an early season loss to Stow, but decisively defeated a good Medina team and appear to be playing their best football just in time for the playoffs. I know their quarterback returns from last season's encounter. He can run and pass and has some big linemen to block for him. Their defense has been stingy since they began their current win streak. It will be a test for our team that has to be met with a renewed focus in order to prevail.

GO BULLDOGS!

ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH!

I haven't posted hardly at all this season because other then over the internet I haven't seen a game till the Massillon game so I want your opinion on this JJ. McKinley can't have another 90 plus yards in penalty's. Please bring back the 5 to 10 yard pass please. Not every pass needs to be a deep ball thrown and last please wide receivers block down field for your running backs.

I like McKinley's team, I really do, and this is not meant to disrespect the bulldogs, but if what I saw Saturday was their best version of their passing game, they will not last long in the playoffs. Garrett is awesome, but at some point, they will need to have a reliable passing attack to help him out, and I did not see that Saturday.
McKinley fans, what are your thoughts?

Agreed, although the few passes he threw hurt us and the last one would have put a dagger in our hearts if not for a great defensive play. Good luck to the Pups. Would REALLY like to see them make a run. Solon sounds like the real deal so Coach Wattley better have a great week of practice. And I think he will.

I like McKinley's team, I really do, and this is not meant to disrespect the bulldogs, but if what I saw Saturday was their best version of their passing game, they will not last long in the playoffs. Garrett is awesome, but at some point, they will need to have a reliable passing attack to help him out, and I did not see that Saturday.
McKinley fans, what are your thoughts?
Not to pile on them but I believe this has been the biggest issue for them for the last 10 years, they really haven’t had a QB that you really had to concern yourself with his arm since Ohradzansky back in 09’ and 10’.

Not to pile on them but I believe this has been the biggest issue for them for the last 10 years, they really haven’t had a QB that you really had to concern yourself with his arm since Ohradzansky back in 09’ and 10’.
That kid made some big time throws on saturday... Looked much crisper than he did against perry.

That kid made some big time throws on saturday... Looked much crisper than he did against perry.
I have to respectfully disagree murphy. Not sure I can call a 4-9 performance crisp.
The touchdown pass was a great throw. The last long completion kind of hung up there, and should have been picked.
He completely missed his huge tight end on the 4th down play. He was WIDE open.
Just my opinions.

I have to respectfully disagree murphy. Not sure I can call a 4-9 performance crisp.
The touchdown pass was a great throw. The last long completion kind of hung up there, and should have been picked.
He completely missed his huge tight end on the 4th down play. He was WIDE open.
Just my opinions.
I just stated he looked crisper than he did against Perry. I watched him underthrow multiple receivers and expected the Tigers to pick him off 2-3 times going into Saturday. To his credit I don't believe he turned the ball over once that game. As for the bad read on 4th down it has to be real easy to get tunnel vision in that situation late in the game with everything on the line. That's just my opinion however I'm obviously not as knowledgeable as some.

I just stated he looked crisper than he did against Perry. I watched him underthrow multiple receivers and expected the Tigers to pick him off 2-3 times going into Saturday. To his credit I don't believe he turned the ball over once that game. As for the bad read on 4th down it has to be real easy to get tunnel vision in that situation late in the game with everything on the line. That's just my opinion however I'm obviously not as knowledgeable as some.
Not trying to insult you murphy. I saw him against Hoover and he looked better against us then he did against the Vikings. I simply pointed out that, in my opinion, McKinley will struggle if the passing game I saw Saturday is the best they have to offer.

Benchboss1 wrote, " ... McKinley fans, what are your thoughts (on the McK passing game)?"
------------------------------

BB, My thoughts are that the better team won last Saturday, and now it is time to "Let it Go"!

ALL McK fans should be looking forward to SOLON on this Friday night. Given that our team consists of 16-17-18 year old kids, I am sure that THEY WILL now bounce back and give a good showing of themselves. At this time, the PUPS need to feel positive support from ALL McK fans going into this game.

Thanks for understanding. Go Pups! Go Tigers! Go ALL Stark County teams playing this week. sam

Halifax8 wrote, "... Pups bounced back last year after a Week 10 loss and took it to us at Stewart Field last year. Hope we can bring it from up North and get some stops."
-------------------

I remember well that game night ... Living West of Berea, it RAINED our whole half hour ride to Solon. Once at the city limits, the rain magically STOPPED and it stayed clear (mostly) for the next three hours.

On our return trip (once out of the stadium), it RAINED ALL THE WAY HOME! (Very interesting weather pattern you have there :)!)

Good luck to all. GO PUPS! GO COMETS! sam

Given a weather report for game night of mid 30 degree temps and light precipitation, I feel that McKinley has the perfect offensive attack for this game. If the PUPS execute the game plan and limit penalties, then all Mck fans should be happy with the end result.

Good luck to all. Go PUPS! Go COMETS! Go TIGERS! sam