2019 Cleveland Browns

Baker needs to grow up and display some non-fratboy behavior.

Tony Grossi should be a paraiah. He's a fool that makes it all about his contention with anything Browns. I can never fault anyone for going off on that turd. He needs flushed out of Cleveland. He's a cancer.

We've seen from the 49er's what the Browns should be doing with Baker Mayfield. The offense should be in 12 personnel, Baker UNDER center and them pounding the rock with Chubb, Baker feeding off play action and let the defense do their thing.

Last night was an anomaly (4 TD passes) with Jimmy G but he's been a game manager, for the most part. I ask Freddie Kitchens "wtf is wrong with Baker throwing for 2 TD's, 225-250 yards passing, 20-22 pass attempts and Chubb getting 25-30 carries/125 yards and you get a win?" But no, gotta have those "high octane/style points" because of all of their shiny receiving weapons.

IMO, Josh Allen (Bills) sucks , is a game manager whose defense is winning games for him, and is 5-2. Wouldn't we all be happy with 5-2 right now instead of Brett Favre Jr (slinging the ball all over the place) with three times the turnovers?

We don't have the line to play as they want to yet. They should have kept Haley's playbook.

Rizzo is comedy. Small doses.

Goldhammer is awful, but he does double-duty for one salary, so he's economical. He makes me tune away.

I'd rather listen to their Bruthas in the afternoon than Adam the Fool a lot of the time, though. When he gets on a roll he's intolerable.

It's tough finding any local guys worth a damn. Baskin and Phelps don't aggravate me like many of the others, but the down side is that they can be just plain boring.

Adam the Fool Gerstenhaber is talking about Baker going off on Grossi right now. No matter what, stupid Adam always takes her side of the media.

Gross he always tries to be controversial and combative with sports figures. It’s how he tries to make himself relevant. When he senses somebody is stressed, he thinks journalism means antagonizing them. Just a cheap stunt that he has been pulling for many years. There’s a reason he was banned as the Browns beat reporter of the plain dealer

Listening to Adam claim that Mayfield should apologize to Grossi just further confirms how clueless Adam the fool is. Grossi is a serial d-bag. He will provoke, and then apologize, and then provoke again. The guy is a writer that can barely speak, and if you ever listen to Rizzo you know this is the case, but nobody’s going to read what he writes if he doesn’t stir the pot and get his name out there from time to time. That’s all that’s going on here

Last edited:
We don't have the line to play as they want to yet. They should have kept Haley's playbook.

Disagree. With Chubb, this team can run the ball at will. Minus Lamar Jackson, they could be as effective as the Ravens & Niners if they'd commit to the run. Make them stop you there before you start slinging the ball all over the field 30x's.

Denver has a really good pass defense but their run defense ranks 19th. Chubb should be getting heavy doses of carries tomorrow and wehn Hunto comes back, against Buffalo, they should continue that game plan, with more options.

This is a run first offense but apparently Freddie wants to make all of the receivers happy instead of winning.

Much of the problem with Baker Mayfield can be summed up in two words - Drew Stanton. Last year so much was made of Stanton being a mentor to Baker and how the qb room was a dream. Now, with the steadying veteran influence not present, the kids have no guidance.

Chubb is 9th on NFL rushing attempts so far. The Browns are 14th.

Many other backs are platooned today. Chubb may be when Hunt actually joins the Browns on the field.

If they break the huddle with 8-9 seconds on the play clock in a two-back set, and Hunt motions out to ANYWHERE on the field, good things will happen.

Last edited:
Disagree. With Chubb, this team can run the ball at will. Minus Lamar Jackson, they could be as effective as the Ravens & Niners if they'd commit to the run. Make them stop you there before you start slinging the ball all over the field 30x's.

Denver has a really good pass defense but their run defense ranks 19th. Chubb should be getting heavy doses of carries tomorrow and wehn Hunto comes back, against Buffalo, they should continue that game plan, with more options.

This is a run first offense but apparently Freddie wants to make all of the receivers happy instead of winning.

Not sure what you are disagreeing with there. They obviously have been playing as if they want to pass first, and they clearly don't have the line for a steady diet of 5 and 7 step drops.

Haley ran quite a bit with Bell at times, and I'm sure the playbook Freddie operated from last year would have provided ample opportunity for establishing a play-action passing game.

Much of the problem with Baker Mayfield can be summed up in two words - Drew Stanton. Last year so much was made of Stanton being a mentor to Baker and how the qb room was a dream. Now, with the steadying veteran influence not present, the kids have no guidance.

So, you elevate Stanton's influence in the same manner that others have elevated Zampese's ? Interesting.

I think it's all of it, hype-storm included.

Run the damn ball. That's how you fix it. Punch 'em in the mouth. Over and over.

They tried against NE, and a freak Bitonio face-first bicycle kick and a perfectly executed DB rundown ball-punch followed by a telegraphed shovel pass put them in a terrible hole immediately. That is not likely to ever happen again.

So, you elevate Stanton's influence in the same manner that others have elevated Zampese's ? Interesting.

I think it's all of it, hype-storm included.

Run the damn ball. That's how you fix it. Punch 'em in the mouth. Over and over.

They tried against NE, and a freak Bitonio face-first bicycle kick and a perfectly executed DB rundown ball-punch followed by a telegraphed shovel pass put them in a terrible hole immediately. That is not likely to ever happen again.

I'll bet it is tried!

Not sure what you are disagreeing with there. They obviously have been playing as if they want to pass first, and they clearly don't have the line for a steady diet of 5 and 7 step drops.

Haley ran quite a bit with Bell at times, and I'm sure the playbook Freddie operated from last year would have provided ample opportunity for establishing a play-action passing game.

I thought you meant they didn't have the line to run like the Ravens or Niners. My bad.

Bye bye Freddie. Should be bye bye Baker, too. Give me Mike McCarthy and the Oregon QB and I’ll put my money on the Browns for the division title in 2020.

Embarrassing. Awful. Frustrating.

I need to stop wasting time on this sack of $h!+ organization. So much for the easy part of the schedule.

Oh well, at least the Mayfield memes should be fun tomorrow with the bad 'stache.

The OBJ time bomb is ticking...
As good as he can be, if anyone would give me a first rounder for him in the offseason, I’d take it. He’s not worth it. Sutton, the big Denver WR, was on the board when Dorsey took Corbett. There were Yappi posters on here hoping for Sutton in the second, well before the draft. Too bad they didn’t make the pick.