Piqua (5-4) @ Troy (7-2) for the 135th time!

A note of update on the player that was ejected from the Tipp City game... First I was not aware that the MVL has a rule that if you are ejected you are subject to a 2nd game suspension from the league. The Piqua coaches appealed to the MVL about the ejection and the league upheld the ejection (not sure they could overturn that) but waved the 2nd game suspension. So if.... I mean after Piqua beats Troy on Friday the player will then be allowed to play in the playoff game.

Piqua practiced at the Old Wertz stadium on Tuesday because it is grass and the pictures brought back some wonderful memories for a lot of long time Piqua fans!

How can a league overturn a OHSAA rule on ejections?
The new Miami Valley League has a policy that doubles all OHSAA suspensions. So, if a player gets 1 game from OHSAA, it would be 2 games for MVL. Evidently MVL reviewed the footage of the play and determined that it did not warrant the suspension so they did not invoke the 2 games. They cannot overturn the OHSAA suspension. This policy is in place to try and help deter unsportsmanlike type suspensions.

Yes what kingpower said, they didn't overturn the OHSAA suspension of 1 game. The player is still out for the Troy game this Friday night. But he doesn't have to serve a 2nd game suspension that is issued by the MVL.

Yes what kingpower said, they didn't overturn the OHSAA suspension of 1 game. The player is still out for the Troy game this Friday night. But he doesn't have to serve a 2nd game suspension that is issued by the MVL.
Gotcha; I misunderstood or misread it at 1st sight. Thanks for the clarification!

Officials missed this one and they have to understand the consequences of these lousy calls. Personal foul, okay. Targeting with one game suspension, no way. A very good player is ineligible to play because of this. I still think Piqua can pull the upset but it will be a little more difficult.

While I do like your name, I think you might be a fool. A lot of big cities have private or public schools with open enrollment to draw from. For towns with 1 public high school to draw from, I think Troy and Piqua do just fine. CJ has 1 lose and is picked to make a run in the playoffs and Turpin is undefeated and ranked 4th in the state. I’ve never even heard of the school you’re repping! Piqua has at least won a state title. Have you ever been relevant? I seriously don’t even know where your school is. As far as wanted to lose for better opponent..,look those schools up in the 1 and 2 seed. TCC is a final 4-8 school every year and The 2 seed hasn’t been scored on since week 3. Do your homework.

Olentangy Berlin has been in existence for 2 years. Do your homework. So no, they've never been relevant. It's part of a closed enrollment public school system that splits kids to 4 high schools, so it's like your situation, except worse because we only get 1/4 of the kids in the area.

None of this has any bearing on who the better football team is this year, but I understand the tendency of people who back teams with hopeless postseason aspirations to need to talk about "the good ole days when we won a state title" 20 years ago, as if that impacts the mediocrity of your current team somehow.

Troy has a 92% chance of finishing seed 6 or higher, regardless of the outcome of this game, so the 1 and 2 seed schools (who I'm quite aware of) don't factor into this discussion at all. Do your homework.

If by "doing just fine" you mean playing 8 of your 10 games against teams that the Drew50 computer ranks #250 or worse in the state, and losing those other 2 games you played against the 2 teams who were ranked better, I guess what "fine" means is all relative.

Olentangy Berlin has been in existence for 2 years. Do your homework. So no, they've never been relevant. It's part of a closed enrollment public school system that splits kids to 4 high schools, so it's like your situation, except worse because we only get 1/4 of the kids in the area.

None of this has any bearing on who the better football team is this year, but I understand the tendency of people who back teams with hopeless postseason aspirations to need to talk about "the good ole days when we won a state title" 20 years ago, as if that impacts the mediocrity of your current team somehow.

Troy has a 92% chance of finishing seed 6 or higher, regardless of the outcome of this game, so the 1 and 2 seed schools (who I'm quite aware of) don't factor into this discussion at all. Do your homework.

If by "doing just fine" you mean playing 8 of your 10 games against teams that the Drew50 computer ranks #250 or worse in the state, and losing those other 2 games you played against the 2 teams who were ranked better, I guess what "fine" means is all relative.
I like the fact that you took the time to do your homework and put together a solid reply. Right or wrong...I like the effort.

So to answer my own question, the answer is no.. if you look on Joe Eitel all the way to right it says the last time your school made the playoffs. To the right of your school it says you have NEVER made the playoffs. Both Piqua and Troy have a "Ohio's Mr. Football" and both have many regional championships. Like I said before, you should worry about your school just making the playoffs.
Im not on either side of this stolen thread but the School opened in 2018 guys, so never making the playoffs isnt a huge deal.
Everyone is writing a lot and reading very little. Troy and Piqua have storied past, look forward to this game.

If by doing just fine means paying more attention to Joe Eitel than Drew50 means getting into the playoffs.... then yeah... Piqua and Troy are doing just fine.

You should just worry about your team getting into week 11...

Berlin would be 9-1 playing the garbage schedules you guys have. It's easy to tout "getting into the playoffs" when your schedule is nothing but tomato cans. I'm not the least bit worried about getting in, they will definitely be there.

Last edited:
You can only say that when you don't play them... now can't you!

I'm sure your AD can call and try to get a game.
Don't give this guy a second thought....Every year around this time he trolls around different regions humping Olentangy this, and Olentangy that. Nobody in Ohio plays a schedule as strong as the Olentangys....Last year one of the Olentangys wound up in Region 8 Cincinnati. This guy comes out of nowhere bashin all the Region 8 schedules, all the schools, pretty much the same deal he's pulling with you guys. Yeah, well which ever Olentangy they sent down last year was turning in their equipment the Monday morning after week 1 of the playoffs last year. The thing about doing your homework and Drew50 and all that crap is, it don't matter once you tee it up and somebody hits you in the mouth.

Don't give this guy a second thought....Every year around this time he trolls around different regions humping Olentangy this, and Olentangy that. Nobody in Ohio plays a schedule as strong as the Olentangys....Last year one of the Olentangys wound up in Region 8 Cincinnati. This guy comes out of nowhere bashin all the Region 8 schedules, all the schools, pretty much the same deal he's pulling with you guys. Yeah, well which ever Olentangy they sent down last year was turning in their equipment the Monday morning after week 1 of the playoffs last year. The thing about doing your homework and Drew50 and all that crap is, it don't matter once you tee it up and somebody hits you in the mouth.

That’s why I blocked him like 2 years ago. The stuff that comes out of his mouth...

Let’s just say Piqua will never be confused with Olentangy. Olentangy kids make more for an allowance than the average adult salary in Piqua, which is a dump.

Only because Olentangy had to face WW in round 1. You guys get these joke garbage can teams and then brag about how far you get in the playoffs as a result. Olentangy had WW on the ropes for most of the game and lost driving to score a tying TD after finally falling behind in Q4. The rest of R8 got a running clock put on them by WW. It's a garbage region full of garbage teams.

Troy and Piqua hit no one in the mouth these days, unless you are the #250th ranked team in the state.

You will find out next week.

Truly a shame that it looks like Tangy is going to eek out a microscopic margin over Berlin and get this incredibly easy Troy game.

You guys should probably go ahead and block me now, I get not wanting to hear the truth about how mediocre your team is, and then having to come back and read posts about it after the fact when it is proven.

Truly a shame that it looks like Tangy is going to eek out a microscopic margin over Berlin and get this incredibly easy Troy game.

You guys should probably go ahead and block me now, I get not wanting to hear the truth about how mediocre your team is, and then having to come back and read posts about it after the fact when it is proven.

I'm not blocking you, I enjoy reading post from 10 year old girls who don't know anything about football. I'll just keep flaming the fire.... I remember a few years ago someone from Pickerington said they was coming to Canton to pick up a trophy because the Dayton area folks don't know how to play football......... HA HA!

Did Berlin even beat Thomas Worthington? Since it hasn't updated yet.

Dayton area football is in steep decline right now. You will see Friday. I could really care less what some idiot from Picktown said 5 years ago, completely irrelevant to what is going on in football right now, which is Troy plays a bunch of horrible teams and then brags about their record and the rest of the Dayton powerhouses are not playing well. Not that that has anything to do with Troy or Piqua, since you are too afraid to play anyone like Springfield or Wayne.

All 4 Olentangy schools made the playoffs. There isn't a district in Ohio who knows more about football than Olentangy people do.

It’s too bad Troy is playing Olentangy this year because we aren’t very good and will likely lose. Any of the previous years would be different.

Turn on your TV, Ryan Day is talking to ESPN from his son's game, being played at Olentangy Orange. He knows.

Who is Ryan Day and who actually watches ESPN anymore?

So I'm curious, if Troy plays Anthony Wayne in round two and give them a better game that Berlin does.... if you're going to be big enough to come on here and admit you was wrong?