2019 GCL Coed

Badin should roll over Carroll, but with that being said, Carroll beat Alter for the first time since they joined the GCL, so they will be coming off a high which may carryover to this game.

Good call.
I’m not in the least bit an Alter fan, in fact I’m a huge CJ fan. I know this has been a tough year for Alter but no way do you get rid of Domsitz. The man has earned a lifetime contract. I recall when he took over Alter again exactly the state it was in and how quickly he rebuilt it. The man is a legend and is a great role model on hard work, dedication and perseverance. He’s a hall of fame coach who inspires kids and adults every day. He goes when he wants to go period.......

Badin should roll over Carroll, but with that being said, Carroll beat Alter for the first time since they joined the GCL, so they will be coming off a high which may carryover to this game.
I don’t quite agree with the last statement because usually when a team gets a big win, they tend to come out sloppy and slow the next game. Carroll will still be on cloud 9 for beating a mediocre Alter team and I feel Badin will take advantage of that because they have been in that situation before.

I’m not in the least bit an Alter fan, in fact I’m a huge CJ fan. I know this has been a tough year for Alter but no way do you get rid of Domsitz. The man has earned a lifetime contract. I recall when he took over Alter again exactly the state it was in and how quickly he rebuilt it. The man is a legend and is a great role model on hard work, dedication and perseverance. He’s a hall of fame coach who inspires kids and adults every day. He goes when he wants to go period.......
Well said

Undoubtedly. I am not even a GCL guy (until they are out of SW Ohio) but a lot of respect is due to him and his staff (Alig).

I’d like the Alter from the Badin, Fenwick Carroll games please...the one from McNick can go back into hibernation... CJ has been playing some inconsistent ball these past few weeks, but knows the importance of this Alter game both for the outright conference championship and playoff implications and Alter would love nothing more than to play spoiler with a backdoor chance at getting into the playoffs...our ability to stop the run vs. their ability to stop the pass...I think our defense will play just well enough to squeeze out a 7 point win...going with 28-21 Eagles!

my kid came home yesterday saying the new coach was more concerned about Fenwick's loss to CJ than our win vs Purcell. he basically said if he stayed at Fenwick then it'd be a different game. i don't see it

my kid came home yesterday saying the new coach was more concerned about Fenwick's loss to CJ than our win vs Purcell. he basically said if he stayed at Fenwick then it'd be a different game. i don't see it
Unfortunately he may be right, 0-2 since he left. More concerning is the lack of discretion while attempting to get more Fenwick kids over to Dayton Christian. Apparently 2 other kids turned in their equipment this weekend and will be at DC on Monday

Unfortunately he may be right, 0-2 since he left. More concerning is the lack of discretion while attempting to get more Fenwick kids over to Dayton Christian. Apparently 2 other kids turned in their equipment this weekend and will be at DC on Monday
Is this some Dad and kid that left Fenwick? Not following. They trying to bring Fenwick kids to Dayton Christian? New coach is who? The Dad that left Fenwick. I am totally confused. Come to think about it, it might best just leave this one alone

Big week in the Co-ed:

Can Alter knock off CJ and possibly punch their ticket to week #11??? CJ is the favorite but has been in some tight ones in recent weeks.

Can Badin get a home game, with a win over McNick (and a little help)???

Carroll and Fenwick playing for pride and a chance to finish the year at .500.

Fenwick has always had major "parent" problems with athletics
Don't think that will change anytime soon. Product of the area they are drawing from. Majority of kids come from West Chester, Liberty Township, Mason, Springboro, Lebanon, and areas surrounding Hamilton. Similar problems at those public schools.

Interesting recruiting pamphlet sent out by the archdiocese for the local Catholic high schools. It listed last years enrollment for the all the local schools. Surprised to see the disparity and change among the gcl coed schools. Carroll by far had the highest enrollment.

Carroll 769
Chaminade 659
Badin 610
Alter 604
McNicholas 545
Fenwick 502
Roger Bacon 506
Purcell 347

Never realized Carrol was that high. Surprised by McNick and Fenwick's lower enrollment. I've heard the talk that both Fenwick and McNick will be in DIV in the next year or so

Quincy Johnson would be my pick for Offensive Player of the Year. Switzer 2nd, Minor 3rd

I'll take Badin's Schlensker on defense, but could easily be swayed toward CJ's Henry. Carroll had a smaller DB whose name I can't remember, who seems to be in on every tackle.