St. Henry, New Bremen Ranked 1-2 In D IV OHSVCA Rankings

#1 St. Henry(3) at #2 New Bremen(2) last night.

Game 1 25-20 New Bremen
Game 2 25-15 St. Henry
Game 3 25-22 New Bremen
Game 4 25-23 St. Henry
Game 5 15-10 St. Henry

Last night #7 St. Paul knocked off #4 ranked Monroeville. Both teams have one loss...to each other. Having ranked teams in the same conference makes it a lot of fun for the teams and for VB fans.

We'll soon find out, but I still think Tiffin Calvert is the best team in Division IV. Tough road to repeat though for the Senecas......

We'll soon find out, but I still think Tiffin Calvert is the best team in Division IV. Tough road to repeat though for the Senecas......
Anyone that gets out of our Regional has to be the favorite at State. There is too much firepower with the top 3 teams in the state in the same region.

They loaded up that Region much like they did for that area of the state in football in Div. VI.

I'm going to assume Monroeville faces the winner of the Elida regional and that won't be easy, especially for Calvert as a number of those girls play together in club. My guess is Fort Loramie will await in the finals. We'll see.

Calvert's only loss is a tough one to Parma Holy Name, #1 in Div. II and they lost that 2-1 with all three being close. Otherwise they haven't been challenged. St. Henry/New Bremen at third time might get to five games.

Anyone that gets out of our Regional has to be the favorite at State. There is too much firepower with the top 3 teams in the state in the same region.

Same thing goes for Div I in Cincinnati and Division 2 in Cleveland, depending on the Division there will always be an unbalanced tourney based on geography.

Over on the football board there are some calling for a state wide seeding bracket regardless of geography, do folks in far western Ohio want to truck a couple hours to meet a far eastern Ohio team mid week for a District game?

Same thing goes for Div I in Cincinnati and Division 2 in Cleveland, depending on the Division there will always be an unbalanced tourney based on geography.

Over on the football board there are some calling for a state wide seeding bracket regardless of geography, do folks in far western Ohio want to truck a couple hours to meet a far eastern Ohio team mid week for a District game?

Right now there are possible three-hour trips with the way the regions are, so I’m not sure it matters.

And I hate what Northwest Ohio has done with the super districts. It used to be you had a close sectional matchup....now you have Elmwood traveling to Coldwater for a first round sectional matchup.

No I don't want reseeding, it comes down too the fact that you have to beat the teams you draw, simple as that. St. Henry has 7 titles for a reason so complaining about the strength of the region didn't bother us.

I would like them to look at some early tournament sites though. The two district finals that led to St. Henry vs New Bremen were:
St. Henry vs Fort Recovery in Kalida, the two schools are ~8 minutes apart and both needed to drive 1hr 15min+ for districts,
New Bremen vs Marion Local in Bluffton, schools about 10 minutes apart drove both around an hour for districts.
These for schools are all in the same conference and very close to each other.

I get that it is Northwest Ohio and schools are generally far from each other, but it just seems dumb to not have all these schools in the same district and have it closer to home.

But like I said you have to play the teams that are in front of you, and the MAC prepares you very well for a long tournament run.

No I don't want reseeding, it comes down too the fact that you have to beat the teams you draw, simple as that. St. Henry has 7 titles for a reason so complaining about the strength of the region didn't bother us.

I would like them to look at some early tournament sites though. The two district finals that led to St. Henry vs New Bremen were:
St. Henry vs Fort Recovery in Kalida, the two schools are ~8 minutes apart and both needed to drive 1hr 15min+ for districts,
New Bremen vs Marion Local in Bluffton, schools about 10 minutes apart drove both around an hour for districts.
These for schools are all in the same conference and very close to each other.

I get that it is Northwest Ohio and schools are generally far from each other, but it just seems dumb to not have all these schools in the same district and have it closer to home.

But like I said you have to play the teams that are in front of you, and the MAC prepares you very well for a long tournament run.

And in Northeast Ohio 2 Cleveland area teams 15 minutes apart are driving to Akron during rush hour to play a match. For sports like volleyball they should have back up sites that make sense for teams and not be locked into a particular location. You lose the double header atmosphere but you gain with a packed gym.