Cross Country runner disqualified for competing with hijab

Another thought that crossed my mind had to do with some of the things that I've seen athletes wearing on their head during very cold weather. I have seen all sorts of things worn on the head during cold weather - ear muffs, heavy duty headbands that function more as something to keep the ears warm, etc. Look at the picture that is currently on the OHSAA website of the head wear on the female runner:
Unfortunately, the cross country manual doesn't address ear muffs directly (it also does a poor job addressing the headware modification in general if I was being completely honest). The track manual is much better:
Competitors may also wear a headband with or without ear protectors provided the headband is designed for the purpose of protecting the head and ears.​
It sort of looks like a head band but the function of it is more to keep the ears warm. If I were a coach and had even the slightest doubt I would check with officials or, better yet, have my athlete wear something else.
Always a good idea to at least ask the clerk. He/she may get the refereee involved if there are any doubts. Or, just go straight to the referee if you want.
FYI, Altor, the quote you posted is my quote, not mathking's. You may want to edit that.
Thanks. I had originally written up a reply to mathking. When your post came along, I felt I could reply to it and get my points across in a better way. This new board has a bad habit of saving responses that were typed up but never posted, even if you blank out the reply box.

In case nobody noticed, Abukaram's regional time of 21:51 shattered her previous season best 22:22 that was disallowed last week.

It is also the symbol of the Greek Goddess Nike, which Nike appropriated for it's logo..
Where have you seen this symbol from the Goddess? I studied art history and never saw this symbol in my research ( maybe I missed it). The student that worked out the SWOOSH for Phil Knight recieved $35 for her design, which later turned into a place in the company and much better pay day. I don't think I would use the word approprited for that.

Where have you seen this symbol from the Goddess? I studied art history and never saw this symbol in my research ( maybe I missed it). The student that worked out the SWOOSH for Phil Knight recieved $35 for her design, which later turned into a place in the company and much better pay day. I don't think I would use the word approprited for that.

Your art history courses suck or more likely, your knowledge of Greek Mythology., not to mention the company name- NIKE. The winged Goddess of victory has been depicted with variations of her wings before; Honda Motorcycles logo[starting in 1947] for ex.

Your art history courses suck or more likely, your knowledge of Greek Mythology., not to mention the company name- NIKE. The winged Goddess of victory has been depicted with variations of her wings before; Honda Motorcycles logo[starting in 1947] for ex.
The logo was designed by a student graphic designer for Phil Knight. Maybe she did think of it as a single stylized wing, but I haven't found anywhere indicating that she said so. It is not one of the common symbols for the goddess Nike, which is usually a wreath or a pair of wings (usually attached to the form of the goddess).