NBA thread

Yep, Red14 nailed it. They see any tiny injustice in the great USA and they are racing each other to twitter to comment about it and condemn our leaders. But let communist China lock up any dissenters in the Honk Kong thing and they suddenly go silent??? NBA commish told them if China pulls all their money then salary cap may go down next season as total revenues would go down.....hmmmm. They are all for a cause unless it hurts their pocketbook.

Yep, Red14 nailed it. They see any tiny injustice in the great USA and they are racing each other to twitter to comment about it and condemn our leaders. But let communist China lock up any dissenters in the Honk Kong thing and they suddenly go silent??? NBA commish told them if China pulls all their money then salary cap may go down next season as total revenues would go down.....hmmmm. They are all for a cause unless it hurts their pocketbook.
Heard yesterday that the NBA salary cap will be lowered by at least 15%. This was put into place years ago when the NBA got in bed with shoe companies. You could almost say Nike has more influence on the NBA than just about anyone, including the players and billionaire owners.

This actually is going to work out great for most of us. I honestly could care less about an athletes political views or anything they have to say about societal issues. So now interviews will only be about the sports they play, and that's great!!!

Going to certainly be refreshing to not have to hear any more political opinions from NBA players moving forward. They had a great chance to stand up for something and they sat on their hands and collected a check in China. This would be a fantastic topic for LeBron's Barbershop podcast... hypocrites....
No, you’ll hear them all season long opining how awful it is in the USA with Trump as POTUS.

Heard yesterday that the NBA salary cap will be lowered by at least 15%. This was put into place years ago when the NBA got in bed with shoe companies. You could almost say Nike has more influence on the NBA than just about anyone, including the players and billionaire owners.
Nike is all powerful in the NBA and loves cheap Chinese labor.

Ok, if last week we could rest easy with the NBA's silence on China, we can now put it to rest. LeBron quipped last night and submarined his and most of the NBA's credibility. NOW, we have the new NBA, a league where we can just sit back and watch the best basketball players in the world play basketball. There will be no more comments on political issues or this other nonsense. They are basketball players, plain and simple. Just leave it at that. And now hopefully THEY know it.

So back to the court, Can't wait to get this season started. My Sixers are primed to make a long playoff run, and possibly represent the East. Adding Horford and Josh Richardson I think will put us over the top. Embiid has trimmed down and I look for him to be better for it.

Sixers are definitely the favorites in the East, for me. Their roster is superior to the Bucks. It's not even very close

Sixers are definitely the favorites in the East, for me. Their roster is superior to the Bucks. It's not even very close
I like to hear that. Although we lost JJ Redick, I think with Richardson stepping into that spot we get younger, more athletic and better defensively. This teams entire season will hinge on the health of Joel Embiid. He's lost some weight, but until he plays most of an entire season, including playoffs, he's going to be questioned on durability. If you tell me Embiid is healthy in May, I'll tell you we're going all the way!

The Lakers first team out scored the Clippers first team by a lot.The Lakers second team needs to improve and have better chemistry. Lakers can still win it all.Lebron looked really good against Utah.

The Lakers first team out scored the Clippers first team by a lot.The Lakers second team needs to improve and have better chemistry. Lakers can still win it all.Lebron looked really good against Utah.
I don't see it. The Lakers simply don't have enough to hang with the best teams in the west. They are a solid team, but have a thin bench, and aging stars. They did have a nice win vs. Utah. LeBron and AD will have load management days off many times this season. We'll see how it turns out, but I don't think they have a shot in the world over making a deep playoff run.

I don't see it. The Lakers simply don't have enough to hang with the best teams in the west. They are a solid team, but have a thin bench, and aging stars. They did have a nice win vs. Utah. LeBron and AD will have load management days off many times this season. We'll see how it turns out, but I don't think they have a shot in the world over making a deep playoff run.

"I don't think they have a shot in the world over making a deep playoff run."What are you smoking?

I'm going to keep this post.Kuzma is pretty good and will be back real soon.That adds some depth to.

I would be willing to bet the Lakers will have a deep playoff run.Sure there will be numerous teams with a better "regular season" record.But come playoff time I don't see anyone beating them except maybe the Clippers.

"I don't think they have a shot in the world over making a deep playoff run."What are you smoking?

I'm going to keep this post.Kuzma is pretty good and will be back real soon.That adds some depth to.

I would be willing to bet the Lakers will have a deep playoff run.Sure there will be numerous teams with a better "regular season" record.But come playoff time I don't see anyone beating them except maybe the Clippers.
I'll look forward to hearing from you. Unless the Lakers make some key acquisitions during the season, they are simply not good enough, over the long haul to make a deep run. LeBron is getting old and does not play defense like he used to. I think Davis will break down over the course of the season, and the young guys they are depending on will buckle under the pressure of LeBron.

I'll look forward to hearing from you. Unless the Lakers make some key acquisitions during the season, they are simply not good enough, over the long haul to make a deep run. LeBron is getting old and does not play defense like he used to. I think Davis will break down over the course of the season, and the young guys they are depending on will buckle under the pressure of LeBron.

LOL Your counting on Lebron's age and Anthony Davis getting hurt? And the young guys will buckle under the pressure of Lebron.Your speculating an aweful lot.

LOL Your counting on Lebron's age and Anthony Davis getting hurt? And the young guys will buckle under the pressure of Lebron.Your speculating an aweful lot.
Father Time rarely loses. Except for Tom Brady. LeBron's defense has been declining for the last few years. I do give him credit, he's keeping his minutes around the 30 mark so far. With as great of a career as LeBron has had, maybe the most important aspect has been his durability. We've not seen a guy like him, play as physical as he does, last this long at a high level. Karl Malone is probably the only one close and he was more of a post up player.

Father Time rarely loses. Except for Tom Brady. LeBron's defense has been declining for the last few years. I do give him credit, he's keeping his minutes around the 30 mark so far. With as great of a career as LeBron has had, maybe the most important aspect has been his durability. We've not seen a guy like him, play as physical as he does, last this long at a high level. Karl Malone is probably the only one close and he was more of a post up player.

Yes Lebron is keeping his minutes to around 30 a game.He can still play defense at a high level when playing 30 minutes a game.In the play-offs he will be playing 40 minutes a game if needed.In the last 2-4 years Lebron "choose" not to play defense,but could play defense at a high level if he wanted to.Lebron was pacing himself to give him more durability.

AD will help Lebron keep his minutes to around 30 a game in the "regular season" so there both fresh come play-off time.They can make a deep run in the play-offs and maybe win it all.BTW-Kuzma will be back very soon.

The Lakers won there 5th game in a row to go to 5-1.They beat the San Antonio Spurs who only had one loss!!

Lebron is playing good defense!! He is averaging 25 points a game and leads the league in assists!

Anthony Davis is averaging 29 points a game and is playing elite defense!!

Davis is also blocking a lot of shots and has a lot of rebounds!!

The Lakers won there 5th game in a row to go to 5-1.They beat the San Antonio Spurs who only had one loss!!

Lebron is playing good defense!! He is averaging 25 points a game and leads the league in assists!

Anthony Davis is averaging 29 points a game and is playing elite defense!!

Davis is also blocking a lot of shots and has a lot of rebounds!!
Kudos to you CantonKid, and they are playing better than I anticipated. But it's 6 games. There's a long way to go, LeBron had a full summer off for a change and I'm sure he was ready to make a statement to start this season. Let's see how this plays out, month after month and the dings start piling up. Davis has done this before, and he's got hurt before. Again, let's see how this looks in January.

Who is better Lebron James or Kawhi Leonard?

Lebron is playing better defense than he has in a long time.Leonard is one of the best defensive players in the league.

Leonard is averging 29.3 points a game.Lebron 26.1

Lebron is averging 8.3 rebounds a game.Leonard 7.3

Lebron leads the league averging 11.1 assists a game.

Leonard is averging 5.7 assists a game.

Lebron is turning back the clock and is playing like he did in Miami to beat the heat.Lebron is playing elite defense while playing offensively like he did the year before last.The Lakers have the best record in the NBA at 7-1 after winning 7 straight games.

Lebron is turning back the clock and is playing like he did in Miami to beat the heat.Lebron is playing elite defense while playing offensively like he did the year before last.The Lakers have the best record in the NBA at 7-1 after winning 7 straight games.
Which should piss of cav fans to no end with him leaving them. Again.