UC Bearcats 2019

Great all around performance today. Although unlikely I wouldn't be opposed to adding Marshall to the AAC. Would be a nice local rivalry game for UC which has been missing since the end of the Big East.

Nippert with a new look for Friday night>

EFzSPegVAAAbyCy.jpg

Nippert with a new look for Friday night>

EFzSPegVAAAbyCy.jpg
Looks cool but im glad its not real lol. i've seen this literally everywhere online. local media, espn, fox sports, barstool sports, everywhere online where college football is discussed has covered this! somebody in the UC marketing dept just got the team tons of exposure the week of the biggest game of the season! Brilliant!

Looks like the above field painting job was a pump fake from the school's social media folks.

As for the game the line is currently sitting at UC +3.5 with a total of 62.5. I would be OK with a close high scoring game with the Bearcats coming out on top. Hope Nippert is rocking tonight.

Bearcats missing more blocks than a 10 year old lego set. If they can keep playing this sloppy and still stay in the game, they're pretty good.

I waited and wanted to see this game so bad, and I fell asleep.

sigh.

Glad for the win though.

Boxscore: Warren with a 60yd long. Ohio speed!

Good win for UC and fun to watch the twists and turns. I was on the fence whether to punt or go for it on 4th and inches at the end. Had it been anyone but UCF who can go 80 yards in under a minute Fickel probably would have punted. My take.

Seems reasonable. Wasn't the best played game but it was a hard played game. Yes, very entertaining and the students put on a show. Very much a part of the final result.

The Cinci posters? Still working off hang-overs? Found a link to the game.

Another nice W against a decent opponent and UC moves to #18 in the AP Poll. Ball looked banged up and wasn't himself so hopefully he gets healthy over the bye week and is ready for the final push at the end of the year.

I was at this game and it was a cool fun crowd for the first half but what's with all the folks leaving during a close game in the 3rd Q? I get some students leaving because the under 21 crowd wants to get their drink on and they cannot do that inside the stadium but many adults were leaving early to beat the crowd. Some Cincy folks around me told me this is a Cincy tradition and also happens at Reds and Bengals games. Very weird and not a good look on TV and for recruits.

Cincinnati jumps to #17 in latest AP Poll.
This should rise over the next three weeks as the Bearcats feast on ECU, UCONN and USF. All comes down to Temple at Nippert, which looks not as difficult as it did a few weeks ago, and the regular season finale at Memphis which could potentially be a preview of the AAC championship game the following week.

This should rise over the next three weeks as the Bearcats feast on ECU, UCONN and USF. All comes down to Temple at Nippert, which looks not as difficult as it did a few weeks ago, and the regular season finale at Memphis which could potentially be a preview of the AAC championship game the following week.
I'm surprised how much Memphis struggled with Tulsa

I'm surprised how much Memphis struggled with Tulsa
Tulsa is a team that plays better than their record would show. They should have beaten Memphis and SMU if not for their kicker. They played UC tough at Nippert.

Tulsa has played a really tough schedule this year: at Michigan State, home against Oklahoma State, OT loss at SMU, at UC, at Memphis, and they still have to host UCF. Ouch.

I was at the Tulsa v UC game and their team played hard, especially on defense and their RB was tough to bring down.

Looks like current UC AD, Mike Bohn, will be announced as the new AD at USC next week.

Tough loss for the Bearcats as he was highly respected in the business and an asset to the University. Big step up and he will be managing a much larger budget in LA and dealing with a probable high profile football hire this off season.

God what an absolute miracle of a win tonight at ECU. The defense and Coby Bryant especially could not have looked any worse.

I'd had Freeman as an up and comer in the coaching ranks. Took a step back today. 535 yds passing by a Fr and two Sophs.

Looks like Memphis - SMU is going to follow a similar formula. American games still seem to me the most competitive in the NCAA this year.

I'd had Freeman as an up and comer in the coaching ranks. Took a step back today. 535 yds passing.
Wanted to pull my hair out watching UC blitz on every play and give ECU receivers 5-7 yards of separation. Ahlers was definitely good tonight but his guys were so open it would be hard to miss. Still can't believe UC escaped with a W