Gameday Thread

TTUN is getting embarrassed on national tv again. Sure they got screwed by bad officiating but still look plenty bad on their own. Patterson should have stayed at Ole Miss, way he is going probably won't even get drafted.

Agree with your first four. Clemson has been pretty underwhelming. Penn State could be in that spot just as easily, IMO.

I see PSU and Clemson being 5 and 6. However i see Penn st losing a game and Bama/LSU knocking one or the other out so Clemson may get in. Unless they really turn it around I dont see them beating any of the top 4

I see PSU and Clemson being 5 and 6. However i see Penn st losing a game and Bama/LSU knocking one or the other out so Clemson may get in. Unless they really turn it around I dont see them beating any of the top 4
Clemson will run the table and be in the playoffs. I was just commenting that they are no better than Penn State, IMO, at this point of the season.

Watching the Illinois - Wisconsin game on youtube; well into the fourth quarter I was thinking the result had to be fake news. Even so, I wouldn't say it was a case of Wisconsin having a down unprepared day. Some "huh" decisions by the coach. You have one of the best RBs in the history of the game and you don't hand him the ball? Just run and punt and there's no upset. But mostly Illinois just didn't give up and they have some athletes.

One of those game where the line-play was fantastic to watch. Definitely recommend watching the game before next weekend.

Harbaugh continues to lose big games. With Notre Dame, Michigan State and Ohio State remaining on their schedule it feels like this is going to be another tremendously disappointing season for them.

When is enough, enough? If they lose 4-5 games and cap the season off with another loss to Ohio State, they should fire him and roll the dice on finding somebody better.

Would Michigan be willing to roll the dice and possibly end up with another Rodriguez/Hoke era? Also what are Michigan's expectations? Is Harbaugh any worse than where Michigan has been the last 30 years? Aside from one season (1997), his results aren't all that dissimilar to where Carr had them. His teams were consistent 8-10 win teams. Michigan hasn't been a top-tier program since Bo. They are still near the top but it's really hard to get to that next level where OSU, Clemson, Bama, OU, and Georgia currently reside. On the other hand he can't beat OSU or win any big game, and the results don't even come close to justifying the $7.5 million price tag. Tough call for Michigan.

TTUN is getting embarrassed on national tv again. Sure they got screwed by bad officiating but still look plenty bad on their own. Patterson should have stayed at Ole Miss, way he is going probably won't even get drafted.

Ole Miss fans will tell you that wasn't possible as Ta'amu took Patterson's spot.

Matt Rhule, Matt Campbell, Luke Fickell, Justin Wilcox, David Shaw, Mario Cristobal, Bob Stoops and yes, Urban Meyer.

The first 4 are realistic options, Shaw isn’t leaving Paolo Alto, Cristobal just got to Oregon and already has the ship righted, Stoops has no desire to go back to college and Meyer was never an option.

The first 4 are realistic options, Shaw isn’t leaving Paolo Alto, Cristobal just got to Oregon and already has the ship righted, Stoops has no desire to go back to college and Meyer was never an option.
I agree with all of that. I put the first four first, because they are the realistic options. The latter four are names that always come up in big hire rumors, except for Cristobal...who I believe could be swayed by Michigan if they really wanted him.

Out of all those Rhule would be my go-to. What he did at Temple and now Baylor has been nothing short of exceptional. Campbell is right up there. I doubt Fickell would do any better than Harbaugh, and would he even want to coach at Michigan? Seems like an OSU guy all the way. Jury is still out on Cristobal. His stint at FIU was lackluster. Seems to be headed in the right direction at Oregon but so was Helfrich at one point. Jury still out on Wilcox. Done well but one 7-win season isn't enough. Shaw won't leave his alma mater and he's regressed since riding Harbaugh's momentum. Stoops is unlikely and thinking Meyer would go to Michigan is laughable.

Again, huge risk when you're going to consistently get 10 wins out of Harbaugh, especially after Michigan suffered through the Rodriguez/Hoke era.

Out of all those Rhule would be my go-to. What he did at Temple and now Baylor has been nothing short of exceptional. Campbell is right up there. I doubt Fickell would do any better than Harbaugh, and would he even want to coach at Michigan? Seems like an OSU guy all the way. Jury is still out on Cristobal. His stint at FIU was lackluster. Seems to be headed in the right direction at Oregon but so was Helfrich at one point. Jury still out on Wilcox. Done well but one 7-win season isn't enough. Shaw won't leave his alma mater and he's regressed since riding Harbaugh's momentum. Stoops is unlikely and thinking Meyer would go to Michigan is laughable.

Again, huge risk when you're going to consistently get 10 wins out of Harbaugh, especially after Michigan suffered through the Rodriguez/Hoke era.
I would go all out for Rhule. He has a strong B1G background and has proven to be an excellent HC to get the results he’s gotten at Baylor and Temple. Campbell would be my back up plan. PJ Fleck would be my wildcard. He’s boom or bust, in my mind. He has the potential to do great things, or flop. Depends on the buy-in he would get from high level recruits. Would they buy his underdog schtick? Can you even do that at Michigan?

I was at a bar Saturday and there was a UM fan in misery because of how the Penn State game was playing out and how it is a microcosm of their program in general. He thinks they are now basically a competitive but not great program and the school is more worried about funding silly things like Harbough's adventures over spring break plus 2nd and 3rd tier sports than doing what it really takes to be competitive in football in the current SEC dominated cycle. He said tOSU and Penn State are more like SEC schools in budgeting and philosophy and no aggressive head coach will ever go to Ann Arbor. He is also worried about basketball too and thinks Beilein left because he doesn't get the support needed either and Howard came on the cheap. Harbough will be the Coach until he doesn't want to be and UM fans are preparing for a whole lot of 10-3 seasons and ranking in the upper teens.

I don't think money is their problem. According to this article Michigan spends more than $36 million on their program, good for 7th in the country and trailing OSU by a hair. And according to this article Michigan ranks 6th when it comes to recruiting budget.

Just finished watching the 4th Q of the LSU-Miss St game. I wasn't understanding this Moon over Starkville thing I'd heard. Now I know, lol. Network shys from showing an injury but they showed that from 4 different angles and was probably hoping it would have gotten caught on the ref cam.

Or they let Oregon in.

Hurts loses his Heisman moment. Makes me wonder why can the D engage the kicking team before the ten yards? The Okie player was essentially blocked into the ball.