McKinley football 2019

Putting my football hat on....last year Perry played a perfect game and pulled out a victory. It was the kind of game that a wing-T-type offense must play ...no penalties, no turnovers, control the ball. It was a thing of beauty for people who like classic football, especially since you rarely see it on any level anymore. McK had 3 penalties and 3 turnovers. IMO Coach Wattley is a better coach (for this team) and this year's team is MUCH more talented than last year's, especially on the OL. That said, a better-coached Pups team should pull out a victory over Perry, since I can't see them playing another perfect game.

This is also the week to release the hounds. The playbook is wide-open. No more waiting for the "big game" to show what you've got.

I want the Pups to win, because I'm a fan, and because I love watching my son play the post-game celebration songs. Good luck to the Pups and the Panthers!

Let's get it tomorrow night! Go Pups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lA
Putting my football hat on....last year Perry played a perfect game and pulled out a victory. It was the kind of game that a wing-T-type offense must play ...no penalties, no turnovers, control the ball. It was a thing of beauty for people who like classic football, especially since you rarely see it on any level anymore. McK had 3 penalties and 3 turnovers. IMO Coach Wattley is a better coach (for this team) and this year's team is MUCH more talented than last year's, especially on the OL. That said, a better-coached Pups team should pull out a victory over Perry, since I can't see them playing another perfect game.

This is also the week to release the hounds. The playbook is wide-open. No more waiting for the "big game" to show what you've got.

I want the Pups to win, because I'm a fan, and because I love watching my son play the post-game celebration songs. Good luck to the Pups and the Panthers!

Let's get it tomorrow night! Go Pups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last year's team was a lot more of a finesse, good weather team. The three games we lost were all bad weather games where passes fell incomplete that normally were completed, and our skill guys fumbled away the Perry game in the rain. This year, we are far more balanced. We can run or dump off short and burn blitzes for six every time, and the weather forecast is for cloudy, crisp, and no rain. Great football weather!

LETS GO PUPS!!

BEAT PERRY!!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

After getting smacked in the mouth in the 1st Qt an I might say the worst officiating game I have ever seen McK over came the advertise as coach said , an hats off to him for saying that. an move on to next week go pups

Pupsband asked, "Great win! I don‘t know who ran down Cundiff on the fumble, but that was the play of the year. It’s why you never, ever, ever give up until the whistle blows! Go Pups!"
----------------------

#4 Jonah Lytle caught Cundiff (who was on a 62 yard run) at the Five Yard line, and Lytle punched the ball out. The Bulldogs recovered in the end zone for a Touchback. Add a 15 yard penalty on Perry, and the Pups started off at their own 35. Garrett scored TEN Plays later to make it 28-10 score lead for the Pups. sam (with some help from FNO :) )

Mentor 45
Euclid 0
Mentor does that to everyone that doesn't have a "St" in front of their name. Easily the best team in Ohio right now. Comparing scores is stupid, though. If it were an accurate predictor, Jackson would have beaten us by 24. We don't care what other teams do. We can only take care of the one in front of us. And right now, it's Massillon. Time to take care of business, one week at a time.

Last edited:
Some random thoughts on tonight's game with Perry:

Great win for the Pups 28-17 ! (And, that last Perry TD was in the final minute of the game on a 75 yard catch and run.)

After Perry took a 10-0 lead, Mck then scored 28 unanswered points.

Garrett scored 2 rushing TD's, Wesley scored One rushing TD, and Xavier Black recovered a McK fumble in the End Zone for a TD.

Total Yards were McK for 401, and Perry for 329

Rushing yards were 319 for Mck, and 240 for Perry.

Passing yards were 82 for Mck, and 89 for Perry.

L. Garrett carried 26 times for 190 yards

Penalty yards were 7 for 60 on Mck, and 3 for 45 for Perry.
(I want to say that both teams did NOT appreciated the refs.)

Our #76 Khalil Walker did not start, but did see almost 3 quarters of play!

I love our "ISO" offensive backfield package where Wesley is in the shot gun with Garrett at his side. Two various BIG blocking backs line up "cheated close up" behind our offensive line. At the snap of the ball, the two backs lead Garrett to the Point of Attack (along with our offensive line). This blocking scheme is just plain "MAYHEM"

Joseph Saipaia was named PLAYER OF THE GAME by WHBC radio for game high 11 tackles, many of them "bone-jarring".

And, I can NOT forget #51 Chase Habib, and #52 D.J.Owens. Both of these athletes START on the Offensive line, and then also do "double duty" occasionally on the Defensive line. #77 Knowledge Smith is another Defensive Line sub who makes his presence felt!

All told, it was a convincing win for the Pups! Not so much "fireworks" for me, but just a plain "slug somebody in the mouth" type of game. IMO, it reminded me of what I would call a "Blue Collar" effort. Not very fancy, but very purposeful. Good job PUPS and Coaches!

Good luck to all. Go PUPS! sam (stats by FNO)

Some random thoughts on tonight's game with Perry:

Great win for the Pups 28-17 ! (And, that last Perry TD was in the final minute of the game on a 75 yard catch and run.)

After Perry took a 10-0 lead, Mck then scored 28 unanswered points.

Garrett scored 2 rushing TD's, Wesley scored One rushing TD, and Xavier Black recovered a McK fumble in the End Zone for a TD.

Total Yards were McK for 401, and Perry for 329

Rushing yards were 319 for Mck, and 240 for Perry.

Passing yards were 82 for Mck, and 89 for Perry.

L. Garrett carried 26 times for 190 yards

Penalty yards were 7 for 60 on Mck, and 3 for 45 for Perry.
(I want to say that both teams did NOT appreciated the refs.)

Our #76 Khalil Walker did not start, but did see almost 3 quarters of play!

I love our "ISO" offensive backfield package where Wesley is in the shot gun with Garrett at his side. Two various BIG blocking backs line up "cheated close up" behind our offensive line. At the snap of the ball, the two backs lead Garrett to the Point of Attack (along with our offensive line). This blocking scheme is just plain "MAYHEM"

Joseph Saipaia was named PLAYER OF THE GAME by WHBC radio for game high 11 tackles, many of them "bone-jarring".

And, I can NOT forget #51 Chase Habib, and #52 D.J.Owens. Both of these athletes START on the Offensive line, and then also do "double duty" occasionally on the Defensive line. #77 Knowledge Smith is another Defensive Line sub who makes his presence felt!

All told, it was a convincing win for the Pups! Not so much "fireworks" for me, but just a plain "slug somebody in the mouth" type of game. IMO, it reminded me of what I would call a "Blue Collar" effort. Not very fancy, but very purposeful. Good job PUPS and Coaches!

Good luck to all. Go PUPS! sam (stats by FNO)
We had one officiating crew of color against Green at home, and they did a fine job of being objective. 4 straight games of guys who seemed to eagle eye our kids and ignore the holds, the face masking, the chop blocks of teams that looked like them. One friend said he believed a ref tonight was a Perry grad. The new league Cornish from Jackson needs to either take a sociology refresher course or resign. Tonight, as with the other games, they wait until McKinley starts to dominate before they give " make up" calls. The crew tonight was outrageously inept or nefarious to the hilt. I hope it's the former.

Last edited:
We had one officiating crew of color against Green at home, and they did a fine job of being objective. 4 straight games of guys who seemed to eagle eye our kids and ignore the holds, the face masking, the chop blocks of teams that looked like them. One friend said he believed a ref tonight was a Perry grad. The new league Cornish from Jackson needs to either take a sociology refresher course or resign. Tonight, as with the other games, they wait until McKinley starts to dominate before the give " make up" calls. The crew tonight was outrageousmy inept or nefarious to the hilt. I hope it's the former.
Now the fed refs are racist ? At least we all know you will only become more idiotic as this week goes on.

JJ wrote, " ... The (officiating) crew tonight was outrageously inept or nefarious to the hilt. I hope it's the former. "
--------------------------

JJ, I agree with you that the refs were disgustingly bad for both teams. When such is the case, I have to choose the option that the refs were "outrageously inept."

There were a couple of bright spots. I did like the way that our coach Wattley made his objections known to the Refs. When a player knows that a coach has his back, then the player can stay focused on the play of the game - and NOT get involved in "Pay Back" on the field. There is no doubt in my mind that our players know that our coaches are there to defend and protect them.

Secondly, I like the story I heard on the radio on the way home. A radio reporter asked one of our PUPS, "What did Coach Wattley say to the team to fire them up at half time?" The response to this question was that the coach walked in to the locker room and said, "We are NOT going to change a Damn Thing!" And, then the coach walked right back out.

I interpret those words to mean: "We have a good game plan... We need to believe and trust in one another... Go out there and give them Hell!"

I love a coach like this one.

Good luck to all. Go PUPS! sam