Does the MLB Season run too late in the year?

Does the MLB Season run too late in the year?

• Yes - the season should be over by the end of September

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes - the season should be over by middle of October

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No - the season is just right

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No - the season should be over later. I enjoy watching baseball in the snow

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Baseball should encourage teams to build roofs over their stadiums. ;)
If people think it is to cold, maybe play a few more day games.

Schedule more Double Headers during the regular season. Great value for fans, end the regular season by Sept 15, and wrap up World Series by Oct 15.

Glad I could help.

Yes.

Many mention DH's....
When I was a kid we always sought DH's because we would only make one trip per year. We loved it because so many fans wouldn't stick around for both games and by game 2 we were sitting pretty much where we wanted.

Scheduled DH wont come back. Players hate em. Owners hate em. You would have to do the split sessions like they do a lot now.

Baseball should encourage teams to build roofs over their stadiums. ;)
If people think it is to cold, maybe play a few more day games.
Ha. No.
Football....yes, because those open air stadiums are useless so much of the year. At least baseball you get 81 dates out of it!

Yes. Maybe it’s bc I’m a Reds fan and they aren’t in the race, but I tend to stop caring once football starts. I’ll watch bits of the postseason and WS, but that’s it.

Ugh, who wants to spend 6-7 hrs at the ballpark watching strikeouts, walks and the occasional homerun?
Apparently not you, which is fine. You aren't forced to go.

For fans who actually like baseball, and would pay the $$ for seats, parking, transportation to go to one game, having the option to see a second game for the added price of just a few extra drinks/snacks, it is a great option.

Apparently not you, which is fine. You aren't forced to go.

For fans who actually like baseball, and would pay the $$ for seats, parking, transportation to go to one game, having the option to see a second game for the added price of just a few extra drinks/snacks, it is a great option.
A few extra for drinks/snacks?

As a kid we went to a few. Not sure I would invest 6 + hours into a DH nowadays and then the drive. Nah. Would have to stay in the city but even at that I would rather do other things around the city, plus one game, than go to a DH.

As far as 40s and baseball.....yeahs its not fun.

I don't ever see MLB shortening the season. So unless you're going to eliminate many off days during the season, it's got to stay at about like this. Late March/ early April, through September. Double headers would be nice, but unless you have them every Sunday, would have little impact.
So the season is about what is. I realize many feel the season should be shortened, but when you take into account the money spent on advertising for home games, TV rights, the concessions/ staffing for the park, you start cutting their work days and you create other problems. And remember those scarcely filled ballparks you see on TV are mainly the actual attendance, the PAID attendance is what you need to pay attention to. And just so you know, the day to day ticket sales is a small portion of baseball teams revenue. They make way much more money on TV money.

Get tix on stubhub and pay much less.
Yes, and remember those tickets are resold tickets. So not only has the baseball team already sold those tickets and put the money in their bank accounts, they also benefits when the tickets are resold to us, then we go to the game, pay for parking, souveniers and snacks. Honestly, if baseball could get away with it, the'd expand the season to 180 games, and in some parts of the country, you could do that.

I have never been to a no-hitter in person, but I was witness to one of the more unique, though little known, events in MLB history. I was at a Labor Day double-header in 1961, with the Tribe against the Tigers. My dad and I had great seats two rows behind the Tiger dugout. Vic Power, the Indians' first baseman at the time, stole home in each of the games. I have never heard of that performance ever being duplicated.

Saw a show late last night where they dropped a 2018 and 2019 baseball and the 2019 bounced significantly higher.

AAA went to the MLB ball this year and saw a jump from 3K to 5K HRs...