Week 8: Winton Woods

Gigantic TD by Royer before Half. WW gets the opening kick and E hasn’t stopped them

Elder went 3 and out to start game.
WW kicked a 44-yard FG! 3-0 WW
Luebbe to Cabana for TD 7-3 E
WW long TD Run 10-7 WW
Ramsey direct snap TD 14-10 E
WW another long run 17-14 WW
WW 1-yard run TD 23-14
Luebbe to Royer for TD 23-21

Halftime.

WWs TDs in the 2nd half we’re on a 98 yd kickoff and a TD on the last play of the game when E was in prevent

Big win tonight. Don't want to overlook FN next week, but LaSalle beating X tonight opens the door for the GCL Championship Game in Week 10 at Lancer Stadium.

When it's 1st and goal at the 2 yard line with a minute left, why not just take a knee? WW had no time outs left. Why give WW the ball back?

When you have the chance to score and put the game out of reach you do so. You can argue that either way - what if Johnson fumbles trying to score? Well what if the snap goes over Luebbe's head at the 2? I see both sides. I'll take the TD and 11-point lead any day though.

When you have the chance to score and put the game out of reach you do so. You can argue that either way - what if Johnson fumbles trying to score? Well what if the snap goes over Luebbe's head at the 2? I see both sides. I'll take the TD and 11-point lead any day though.
Cue the people who have been calling for under center snaps for years upon years.

The odds of either scenario are minimal. My preference would’ve been to kneel, bc I believe e would’ve had to only take 2 snaps. I feel more confident executing 2 snaps vs kicking off to WW

What did E change in the 2nd half on defense? Only giving up 1 score at the end of the game is impressive.

I thought Elder played pretty well against a really good Winton Woods team. It will be a shame if WW does not make the playoffs. They have talent all over the field. I was really impressed with the QB Wingfield. He will be playing Division 1 somewhere.

I'd like to give credit to Ramsey for calling a great game on offense. He seemed to know exactly what to call and when. Luebbe had the game of his life I think. We might have got lucky on the fumble that was ruled down. Luebbe should be up for the Ohio Mr. Football award IMO. Excellent game by Vollmer as WW took Royer out a lot with double teams. Drew Ramsey also came up big with some nice catches. Ramsey looks like a D1 receiver to me. He should not play full time QB next season. Let Miller/Hambleton battle it out and leave Ramsey where he is, because he has great hands, speed, and athleticism. UC should target him now.

Elder defense came up big in the second half. Sandhas is an all state player IMO. Keyes had another good game too. It's not the most talented defense, but they do enough for Elder to beat really good teams. They really play hard I think.

I thought Elder played pretty well against a really good Winton Woods team. It will be a shame if WW does not make the playoffs. They have talent all over the field. I was really impressed with the QB Wingfield. He will be playing Division 1 somewhere.

I'd like to give credit to Ramsey for calling a great game on offense. He seemed to know exactly what to call and when. Luebbe had the game of his life I think. We might have got lucky on the fumble that was ruled down. Luebbe should be up for the Ohio Mr. Football award IMO. Excellent game by Vollmer as WW took Royer out a lot with double teams. Drew Ramsey also came up big with some nice catches. Ramsey looks like a D1 receiver to me. He should not play full time QB next season. Let Miller/Hambleton battle it out and leave Ramsey where he is, because he has great hands, speed, and athleticism. UC should target him now.

Elder defense came up big in the second half. Sandhas is an all state player IMO. Keyes had another good game too. It's not the most talented defense, but they do enough for Elder to beat really good teams. They really play hard I think.
Luebbe is damn clutch, how many 3rd Downs did E convert on that last drive? At least 2 or 3.

The Defense is doing all of this w/o Mitchell. Will he be eligible for the playoffs?

Also, Mr Football and those All State Teams tend to skew heavily to NEO OH. The only time SWO kids get noticed is if they’re committed to OSU or had an OSU offer. Ramsey wasn’t even 2nd Team All State his Sr yr. the QB for Ignatius got the nod. Kramer didn’t make an All stats team until he was a Sr

Last edited:
Luebbe is the best QB the school has seen since Ramsey. He's elite with his feet and a more than capable passer and leader. Super tough kid that also possesses the intangibles like Florian did. If he's a few inches taller, he's has legit D1 offers.

Was happy to hear Vollmer have probably his best game. Doesn't get the lime light but just another tough, smart, dependable player. Really important complement to the other receivers.

Elder was an incredible 10-13 on 3rd down conversions.
Luebbe plays with so much poise in the pocket. A lot of the time running QBs get happy feet and dance around or take off if the first read isn’t available. He hangs in there and goes through his progressions.

Great Win,Great Game!!! Thought Vollmer had an awesome game tonight!

Can someone explain the Intentional Grounding Rule in high school to me please? Also don’t want to harp on the transfer rules but Mitchell is not eligible to play but apparently is allowed to dress. That seemed odd to me and a few others sitting around me tonight.

Both teams Win next week and Elder-LaSalle for GCL and City Championship in my mind!

Know this will probably get me in some trouble but oh well, the Elder students and student leaders of the school should be embarrassed! Minus the band, a student section didn’t exist! Disappointing.

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!

In high school, the qb can’t just throw the ball away like in the nfl. There has to be a receiver. The grounding on us was the right call. But they clearly missed grounding on WW on the bad snap play in the 3rd Q.

In high school, the qb can’t just throw the ball away like in the nfl. There has to be a receiver. The grounding on us was the right call. But they clearly missed grounding on WW on the bad snap play in the 3rd Q.
So it doesn’t matter if the QB is in the pocket or not?

I had to look this up.

"In the high school game it is a foul to throw, intentionally, a forward pass incomplete to save loss of yardage and to throw, intentionally, a pass to an area not occupied by an eligible receiver. The penalty is 5 yards and loss of down. The enforcement spot is from the end of the run, or where the pass was made.

"This is different than NCAA rules in which a passer , who is outside the pocket,( which is determine to be between the tackles in a normal formation,) can throw a pass intentionally incomplete.

"The Referee ( white hat) is usually the sole official to rule on intentional grounding. However, he must rely on his other officials to communicate whether there were any eligible receivers in the area. I basically use a couple of factors in determining whether I flag the foul.

"1. Is the QB at risk of being sacked.

"2. Is there an eligible receiver in the general area. I usually use a 10 yard radius as a guide to determine if someone is in the vicinity, but only factor 1 is also in effect."

Thought I saw WR. If that’s the Rule they definitely missed the WW one. Thanks. On WW 2 Point Conversion when Elder had 12 men on the field, seemed that was a lengthy penalty on the Kick Off. Course helped when WW was called off sides on that Kickoff. WW Kicker was pretty solid. Elder D I thought tackled better in the 2nd half than the 1st half and that to me was the difference.

Keep PBOY BANNED!!!

High school has a lot of different rules than college and nfl. Biggest ones would probably be, pass interference is not an automatic first down, holding is 10 yards from the spot whether it’s past or behind the line of scrimmage, the defense can’t score on a 2 point play or block extra point, and lining up offsides is an automatic penalty. It’s not a “free play “ like in nfl.