Troy Regional DII

SLS

Are any districts besides Cedarville and VOA being represented at this regional meet? How many teams and how many individuals move on to state? Milesplit has only the SW teams at Troy. Is this correct?

In D2 there are a total of 3 districts that move on to the Troy Regional. West Chester (VOA) has 2 districts and Cedarville has 1 district.

For the boys, Cedarville has 7 teams move on to Troy. West Chester 1 & 2 have 3 teams each. For the girls Cedarville has 7 teams move on and West Chester 1 & 2 have 2 teams each that move on.

Here are the numbers for all divisions and what each district moves on to each regional.

Thanks for the info.I am also looking for the number of regional qualifiers to state.

There's differing information posted about the number of Regional Qualifiers from the D2 VOA District for girls. On the Regional Information from the link posted above it says the two VOA Districts each only have 2 qualifying team spots to the D2 Troy Regional. On the SWDAB site information for D2 VOA says one district has 3 qualifying team spots and the other district has 2 qualifying team spots. I copied and pasted that information below. Does anyone know which one is correct?

GIRLS SCHOOLS: Aiken, Archbishop McNicholas, Badin, Batavia, Bethel-Tate, Bishop Fenwick, Clark Montessori, Clermont Northeastern, Finneytown, Hughes, Indian Hill, Madison Senior, Mariemont, New Richmond, Norwood, Reading, Roger Bacon, Taylor, Wyoming. (19)

Teams will place themselves in either Race A or B, determined by seed placement. In Race A, 11 Teams, the top three (3) finishing teams will move to Regional Competition, and the top finishing team will be declared District Champion, and the next finishing team will be declared District Runner-up. Individuals that finish in the top twelve (12) qualify to Regionals. In Race B, 8 Teams, the top two (2) finishing teams move on to Regional competition and the top finisher will be the District Champion while the next finisher will be District Runner-up. The top eight (8) individuals will move on to Regionals.

There's differing information posted about the number of Regional Qualifiers from the D2 VOA District for girls. On the Regional Information from the link posted above it says the two VOA Districts each only have 2 qualifying team spots to the D2 Troy Regional. On the SWDAB site information for D2 VOA says one district has 3 qualifying team spots and the other district has 2 qualifying team spots. I copied and pasted that information below. Does anyone know which one is correct?

GIRLS SCHOOLS: Aiken, Archbishop McNicholas, Badin, Batavia, Bethel-Tate, Bishop Fenwick, Clark Montessori, Clermont Northeastern, Finneytown, Hughes, Indian Hill, Madison Senior, Mariemont, New Richmond, Norwood, Reading, Roger Bacon, Taylor, Wyoming. (19)

Teams will place themselves in either Race A or B, determined by seed placement. In Race A, 11 Teams, the top three (3) finishing teams will move to Regional Competition, and the top finishing team will be declared District Champion, and the next finishing team will be declared District Runner-up. Individuals that finish in the top twelve (12) qualify to Regionals. In Race B, 8 Teams, the top two (2) finishing teams move on to Regional competition and the top finisher will be the District Champion while the next finisher will be District Runner-up. The top eight (8) individuals will move on to Regionals.

This seems to be the latest.

The information on the Regional Page contradicts that information on the District page. Curious which one is correct?

REGION 8 - TROY - Memorial Stadium, 151 Staunton Rd., Troy. Tournament Manager: Herb Hartman, 225 S. Kiser Lane, Troy 45373. H: 937-335-4284; C: 937-266-1446; E-mail: hhartman6@woh.rr.com Representation: Boys – Southwest 13; Qualifiers from: Cedarville (7), West Chester 1 (3), West Chester 2 (3) Representation: Girls – Southwest 11; Qualifiers from: Cedarville (7), West Chester 1 (2), West Chester 2 (2)

The information on the Regional Page contradicts that information on the District page. Curious which one is correct?

REGION 8 - TROY - Memorial Stadium, 151 Staunton Rd., Troy. Tournament Manager: Herb Hartman, 225 S. Kiser Lane, Troy 45373. H: 937-335-4284; C: 937-266-1446; E-mail: hhartman6@woh.rr.com Representation: Boys – Southwest 13; Qualifiers from: Cedarville (7), West Chester 1 (3), West Chester 2 (3) Representation: Girls – Southwest 11; Qualifiers from: Cedarville (7), West Chester 1 (2), West Chester 2 (2)

Let's see if we can piece this together.

The OHSAA Board minutes from April say that the SW will have 11 DII girls teams competing at regionals. https://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Board-of-Directors-Minutes/BDMINUTES-04-11-19.pdf

Cedarville's meet management website says 7 DII girls teams will qualify from Cedarville. http://www.swotfo.com/Troy/pages/dist.html

That leaves 4 teams to come from VOA, so it should be 2 races of 2 teams apiece qualifying. That means the races should be split with 10 teams in 1 race and 9 in the other instead of 11 and 8.

Your SW District Board page concurs. https://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/DAB/SouthWest/Cross Country/2019 VOA Draw Sheets 10-15-19.pdf?ver=2019-10-16-035015-790

Thanks for the update! They must have just made that change late yesterday or early today after we sent a message asking about it.

Do they seed teams for the district meets?
VOA seeds only for D1 & D2. For D1 & D2, VOA has 2 districts each. For D3 there is only one district so there is no need to seed teams.

Here are the D1 & D2 seedings for VOA

Cedarville does not seed because there is only one district in each division.

Hillard Darby has three districts each for D1 boys and girls. For both D2 & D3 there are two districts for boys and one district district for girls. In D1 seeding needed to be done for the boys and girls and in D2 & D3 it was only necessary to seed the boys teams.

If a site only has one district in each division it really isn't necessary to seed the teams.

Last edited:
Here's the way that I understand it. Is this correct? Cedarville D2 has one race , but awards 2 District Championship trophies (one to the first place team and one to the second place team) and two runner-up trophies( to the third and fourth place teams). The top seven teams in the boys' race and the top seven teams in the girls' qualify to Troy Regional.

Here's the way that I understand it. Is this correct? Cedarville D2 has one race , but awards 2 District Championship trophies (one to the first place team and one to the second place team) and two runner-up trophies( to the third and fourth place teams). The top seven teams in the boys' race and the top seven teams in the girls' qualify to Troy Regional.
I don't know about the trophies but based on what is stated on this page, that is probably correct. The numbers that you have moving on to Troy are correct.

What I stated in an earlier post about Cedarville having one district and VOA having two districts is apparently incorrect based on what is stated at the link that I posted: "Each race is actually two District Meets run together"

I don't know about the trophies but based on what is stated on this page, that is probably correct. The numbers that you have moving on to Troy are correct.

What I stated in an earlier post about Cedarville having one district and VOA having two districts is apparently incorrect based on what is stated at the link that I posted: "Each race is actually two District Meets run together"
VOA has two seperate district races in both boys and girls D1 and D2.

Race Schedule for Saturday, October 19, 2019:
Division I Girls: Race 1: 10:00 a.m. Race 2: 10:30 a.m.
Division I Boys: Race 1: 11:00 a.m. Race 2: 11:30 a.m.
Division II Girls: Race 1: 12:30 p.m. Race 2: 1:00 p.m.
Division II Boys: Race 1: 1:30 p.m. Race 2: 2:00 p.m.
Division III Girls: 2:30 p.m.
Division III Boys: 3:10 p.m.

VOA has two seperate district races in both boys and girls D1 and D2.
Thanks

Yeah, I knew that about the VOA districts. I wasn't very clear above when I posted "Each race is actually two District Meets run together." I copied and pasted that fro the Cedarville website and Cedarville is what I was referring to, not VOA. What I was trying to clarify when I said I was apparently incorrect is what I wrote earlier in the thread when I stated that Cedarville only had one district.

Just FYI, I posted a link to the Cedarville website but here it is again if anyone missed it.

There's no way that VOA could have both districts run the same race. The course at VOA narrows down too quickly after the first 200-300 meters. Cedarville is a lot wider.

Last edited: