2019 MVL Projections

Whats going on with the green surfers? Whats lead to the improvements? Spike in talent coupled or could this be a sustained thing?
They showed potential last year too. I mean no disrespect here but I do think too it's based in large part to competition. If you look at the wins I think Fairborn is the one that stands out as a quality win. Not to say they aren't vastly improved because they are. I think they are right there in the middle of the pack with Butler, Tipp and Piqua.

Butler's been a disappointment for awhile now. Although they made the playoffs in Region 12 last year because the whole region wasn't great minus Alter, losing to Badin the way they did was not good.

Butler's been a disappointment for awhile now. Although they made the playoffs in Region 12 last year because the whole region wasn't great minus Alter, losing to Badin the way they did was not good.

Region 12 was pretty solid last year. Alter was easily a top team in D3. Trotwood beat Winton-Woods and nearly beat Wayne. The loss against Xenia was bad but they lost by a freaking point in 2OT. Wapakoneta was also a good team. Fenwick’s only losses came from Clinton Massie by a field goal and Alter. C’mon man.

What does the Sidney game look like? I saw them play Bellefountaine week 2 and they looked good despite the loss. Have 3 pretty good athletes. #4 is as good as it gets. Fairborn seems pretty bad talent wise. This a good week for Sidney to roll and get their confidence back?

What does the Sidney game look like? I saw them play Bellefountaine week 2 and they looked good despite the loss. Have 3 pretty good athletes. #4 is as good as it gets. Fairborn seems pretty bad talent wise. This a good week for Sidney to roll and get their confidence back?
It won't be a super easy game for Sidney. While Fairborn is 1-2 in conference, they've outgained all 3 opponents on offense. I still think Sidney wins, but they probably don't win by more than 2 scores.

It won't be a super easy game for Sidney. While Fairborn is 1-2 in conference, they've outgained all 3 opponents on offense. I still think Sidney wins, but they probably don't win by more than 2 scores.
Interesting.. Fairborn's defense must be really struggling then? Haven't seen them since week 1.

Interesting.. Fairborn's defense must be really struggling then? Haven't seen them since week 1.
Sidney will struggle like they have all year. There is a lot of turmoil within this team right now between the kids and coaching staff. Last weeks game ended with the QB and OC arguing on the sideline and the QB yelling at him and saying F you. Doenges has no control of this team and these kids have no respect for him. I thinks it’s time to make an example and bench some of these trouble kids and play others to make an example.

Not really.. The Fairborn defense going into the Sidney game was 2nd in the MVL to Xenia & still are for yardage. Offense was 5th. They played Sidney without 3 starters (5 positions) though including without Gage Barron who was leading the MVL in pass receptions going into the weekend. Here are the MVL Defensive Rankings. West Carrollton should be at the bottom and not 2nd as they have not entered a couple of games of defensive stats from their first two games.

Last edited:
Sidney will struggle like they have all year. There is a lot of turmoil within this team right now between the kids and coaching staff. Last weeks game ended with the QB and OC arguing on the sideline and the QB yelling at him and saying F you. Doenges has no control of this team and these kids have no respect for him. I thinks it’s time to make an example and bench some of these trouble kids and play others to make an example.

Kerns came in as the new coach at Fairborn and didn't just bench them. He kicked off about a dozen including a few that were pretty talented..

Last edited:
Never thought I’d see the day. Anyone at this game that can chime in on what happened?

From looking at WC's stats for the season it looks like they have come up with a pretty talented dual threat QB (Sophomore) who is putting up some big yards on the ground and in the air. Hit his stride & exploded against Tipp leading to 34 points and carried through in the Piqua game for another 39 and the win. Take a look at his stats for the last two games here ... http://www.mvlathletics.com/fbPlayerStats.aspx?player=536963

Last edited:

Fairborn has talent. Always does ... just not enough of it in the right places. They have had one All State and 2 All State honorable mentions in the last three years. Hunter Warner was All Ohio Honorable Mention last year as a sophomore at linebacker.

Fairborn has talent. Always does ... just not enough of it in the right places. They have had one All State and 2 All State honorable mentions in the last three years. Hunter Warner was All Ohio Honorable Mention last year as a sophomore at linebacker.
Fairborn would of won the game if they kept running the ball. On 2 different drives they ran the ball down the field then got inside the 15 and passed on every down which resulted in a fg and turnover on downs

Fairborn would of won the game if they kept running the ball. On 2 different drives they ran the ball down the field then got inside the 15 and passed on every down which resulted in a fg and turnover on downs
Would of - Could of ...... Fairborn is 2-4 and just a very few "would of's" from being 4-2 or 5-1. Record is misleading unfortunately.

It's realistic, although not likely, that Greenville could win out. All are winnable games, but not without small margins of error. If you told me before the season started that they could have a winning record, to say nothing about an outside chance of a playoff berth, I'd have rolled my eyes and laughed.

Where did the Butler offense go? ?
Xenia has one hell of a defense. Three shutouts in a row for them and they lead the MVL in Overall Defense & Scoring Defense by far. Not even close. They haven't been scored on yet by an MVL team. I expect them to win out and finish 9-1. They have Troy at home next to last game.

Last edited:
It's realistic, although not likely, that Greenville could win out. All are winnable games, but not without small margins of error. If you told me before the season started that they could have a winning record, to say nothing about an outside chance of a playoff berth, I'd have rolled my eyes and laughed.
Agree ... it is highly possible that Greenville "could" win out. They don't play Xenia and they have already played Troy. Toughest game left may be Butler at Butler. They will have to outscore West Carrollton's newly discovered dual threat quarterback phenom who has accounted for an astounding 920 yards of total offense & 9 Tds in the last two games against Tipp & Piqua. Those are incredible numbers & he is just a sophomore. http://www.mvlathletics.com/fbPlayerStats.aspx?player=536963

Last edited:
Never thought I’d see the day. Anyone at this game that can chime in on what happened?
Agree ... it is highly possible that Greenville "could" win out. They don't play Xenia and they have already played Troy. Toughest game left may be Butler at Butler. They will have to outscore West Carrollton's newly discovered dual threat quarterback phenom who has accounted for an astounding 920 yards of total offense & 9 Tds in the last two games against Tipp & Piqua. Those are incredible numbers & he is just a sophomore. http://www.mvlathletics.com/fbPlayerStats.aspx?player=536963
It is weird how quiet he was first two games.

It is weird how quiet he was first two games.

Just a Sophomore. Probably took a few games to get used to the speed of the game and is now comfortable and just hitting his stride. Scary good if that is true. May have been playing injured also and is now full speed. I notice he did not play against Butler 3 games ago.

Last edited: