WK 5: Massillon Jackson (3-1) @ Uniontown Lake (4-0)

pastGas

JoeEitel has 3-1 Jackson tied at #9 in D1 R1, 4-0 Lake at #4 in D2 R5.

Professor Drew at Woo. U. has Lake favored by 1.

What do you think?

Not a game on our schedule that stresses me out more year in and year out like the Jackson game. This one makes me nervous.

All I have been reading for the last month is how great Lake's defense is.And I kept saying they have not played anybody.Now they play a decent team and they dropped 27 points on this great defense.

Lake will play teams better than Louisville with better offences.This game,McKinley,Perry,and even Hoover.Yes Hoover lost to Louisville but that is a HUGE rivalry.

Jackson 31 Lake 28

All I have been reading for the last month is how great Lake's defense is.And I kept saying they have not played anybody.Now they play a decent team and they dropped 27 points on this great defense.

Lake will play teams better than Louisville with better offences.This game,McKinley,Perry,and even Hoover.Yes Hoover lost to Louisville but that is a HUGE rivalry.

Jackson 31 Lake 28

If you would have been at this game, you would have known lake held Louisville (an offense who was on fire and a QB who can sling it) to ZERO points in the first half. You act like 27 is a ton of points to give up against a great offensive team. It’s a good defense man. Relax. Both teams were just simply gassed in the second half due to the hard hitting defensive battle and the heat.

I don’t think Louisville is as good as previously thought. Honestly think they’ll finish 5-5 or 6-4 and not make the playoffs. Could be wrong, they just looked soft on defense. They need to go back to full spread an let 18 throw it all over...done w L Ville..Jackson game will be a great test.

Lake will have to be firing on all cylinders in order to beat a good Jackson squad this week. That means not only the running game, but the passing game needs to be on point. On defense, turnovers will be key. If Lake can come up with a pick 6 or a scoop and score that will help immensely. On special teams, they can't miss any extra points or short FGs and the kicking game has to be able to flip field position. Basically, the Streaks have to play near perfect to win this one.Go Blue! Rock 'Em!

Lake will have to be firing on all cylinders in order to beat a good Jackson squad this week. That means not only the running game, but the passing game needs to be on point. On defense, turnovers will be key. If Lake can come up with a pick 6 or a scoop and score that will help immensely. On special teams, they can't miss any extra points or short FGs and the kicking game has to be able to flip field position. Basically, the Streaks have to play near perfect to win this one.Go Blue! Rock 'Em!

lol....you covered everything but the coin toss

Yes, that would help immensely :)

Not a game on our schedule that stresses me out more year in and year out like the Jackson game. This one makes me nervous.

Hang in there buddy, lol. This is one of the games you can lose not have to win. Football is about match-ups and we know the history of this one. Just relax and enjoy. And if you do win then hell yeah! Just don't get blowed out.

Hang in there buddy, lol. This is one of the games you can lose not have to win. Football is about match-ups and we know the history of this one. Just relax and enjoy. And if you do win then hell yeah! Just don't get blowed out.

Hahha oh I will. These past 5-7 years we have lost some serious heart breakers against the bears.

Hahha oh I will. These past 5-7 years we have lost some serious heart breakers against the bears.
Those kinds of things usually have a way of evening out in the long term.

Those close games along with what's been happening on the basketball court the last several years between these two schools has created a lot of excitement.

Jackson 31 Lake 28

Lake total plays 54, total yards 482, avg per play 8.9 yds........Louisville total plays 76, total yards 470, avg per play 6.2 yds....The defense did its job...make them snap the ball again...after Lake only having 23 offensive plays in the second half to Louisville's 39 plays.....Time of possession...Lake 21 minutes Louisville 27 minutes

Last edited:
If you would have been at this game, you would have known lake held Louisville (an offense who was on fire and a QB who can sling it) to ZERO points in the first half. You act like 27 is a ton of points to give up against a great offensive team. It’s a good defense man. Relax. Both teams were just simply gassed in the second half due to the hard hitting defensive battle and the heat.
This is not meant to stir any pot, but by your own admission, your stout Lake defense gave up 27 points to a potentially 5-5 or 6-4 team in only 2 quarters.

This is not meant to stir any pot, but by your own admission, your stout Lake defense gave up 27 points to a potentially 5-5 or 6-4 team in only 2 quarters.

I think Louisville is a really good team. I think Louisville goes 7-3, 6-4 at worse looking at schedule. They will not beat Massillon, but I think they beat Perry Friday. Everyone talking about Lake Defense being bad on Friday, but Louisville has some players and I was surprised at their size. They had some really big kids. They are better than you think and they get in the playoffs in region 9, they can make a serious run with Jones and those recievers, whom are big and catch everything. Here is my intangible in this game. Is anyone talking about Dreden Owens? He is very very special! He has a banged up shoulder, but will be ok for game. I cannot remember seeing a back with the combination of speed, strength, physicality and balance, as this kid. He reminds me of Deamonte Traynum of Hoban and feel can be as good if not better by the time he is a senior. I thought Traynum had the biggest thighs I have seen on a back in the area, until I saw Owens. Lol. Seriously, he is a beast and he wears you out. It takes alot of work and effort to tackle him. He single handidly wore out Louisville defense. On back to back plays he had 82 yd TD and the 57 YD which was greatest run I have ever seen in high school Football. How many yards would he have had had he not went down early in 3rd quarter. He runs people over. The 57 yd touchdown made top 10 plays in USA today this week. He had a run similar to this against Ashland as well. He will be the difference Friday. I like Lake in this one 28-21.

Last edited:
I think Louisville is a really good team. I think Louisville goes 7-3, 6-4 at worse looking at schedule. They will not beat Massillon, but I think they beat Perry Friday. Everyone talking about Lake Defense, but is anyone talking about Dreden Owens? He is very very special! He has a banged up shoulder, but will be ok for game. I cannot remember seeing a back with the combination of speed, strength and balance as this kid. He reminds me of Deamonte Traynum of Hoban. Jackson posters, regardless if you win or lose, you will get to see this kid. The 57 yd touchdown made top 10 plays in USA today this week. He had a run similar to this against Ashland as well. He will be the difference Friday. I like Lake in this one 28-21.
Was thinking the same thing, he does remind me of Traynum. Maybe just a hair slower and a smidge smaller, but very similar.

Was thinking the same thing, he does remind me of Traynum. Maybe just a hair slower and a smidge smaller, but very similar.

He is protype back, just like Traynum. He is only a junior but tremendous upside. If he grows another inch or two, I could see him at power 5 school, and for sure mid-major D1, which he is already there. I know of MAC Schools that have already reached out to him. You can always just tell the ones that are special, Erich Howard, Connor Ashby, Jayden Ballard, Aiden Longwell, Chris Spielman. Have seen all of them play at this level, and there are several more I failed to mention, but they are in the elite class. I think this kid can be that good.

Last edited:
This is going to be a tough game...Jackson lost to Mayfield 26 to 10....Mayfield smoked Brush 48 to 6.......

So doing the Math, Lake wins by 2. LOL. I don't think Lake played that well against Brush that night. Seemed, at times, just going thru the motions, because they were never really challenged, but could be Brush had something to do with that as well, but I agree and Jackson has had Lake's number last few years as well. It's obviously still a game of matchups. I think Jackson is a more favorable match up for Lake than Louisville was, because I think both teams similar, and vice versa for Jackson playing Lake. I also thought Louisville matched up size wise with Lake as well. I was surprised how big Louisville was. Should be a good one!

Last edited:
Last win against Jackson was in 2012, I believe!? We are due for a win. If we run the ball, we'll be fine. It's what we do best!