Votes: 1 2.6%
  • West Clermont

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Walnut Hills

• Withrow

• Total voters
Scrimmage season is now over. I watched 3 ECC teams scrimmage. Turpin (Hamilton), Kings (Winton Woods), Milford (Winton Woods). My take is I believe the ECC champion will come from 1 of theses 3. Milford was certainly game last night vs Winton Woods. The Eagles scored on the first play from scrimmage. The Eagles has a good QB that throws a nice ball. They are very young with 6 sophomores projected to start. Turpin seemed like a solid team. No dazzling individual talent, just solid team play. The Spartans definitely outplayed Hamilton and looked further along. Kings is the most physical of the three. Knights lost alot and are breaking in a new QB and featured RB and new coaching staff. I will attempt to answer any questions anyone may have.

Scrimmage season is now over. I watched 3 ECC teams scrimmage. Turpin (Hamilton), Kings (Winton Woods), Milford (Winton Woods). My take is I believe the ECC champion will come from 1 of theses 3. Milford was certainly game last night vs Winton Woods. The Eagles scored on the first play from scrimmage. The Eagles has a good QB that throws a nice ball. They are very young with 6 sophomores projected to start. Turpin seemed like a solid team. No dazzling individual talent, just solid team play. The Spartans definitely outplayed Hamilton and looked further along. Kings is the most physical of the three. Knights lost alot and are breaking in a new QB and featured RB and new coaching staff. I will attempt to answer any questions anyone may have.

1. Don I love the pic from training day If my memory serves me correctly

2. Has anyone actually seen Anderson Scrimmage? I am at the point to where I am assuming that my Alma Mater no longer offers football

2. Has anyone actually seen Anderson Scrimmage? I am at the point to where I am assuming that my Alma Mater no longer offers football
LOL. They still have football at Anderson. Anderson scrimmaged Elder and it was some discussion on the Elder football thread about the contest. They kept score. It was Elder 63 Anderson 14. But the thing is Anderson does all that crazy stuff on offense and wont punt or play defense, so scores in Anderson losses are often skewed. I just think that Anderson needs to use more traditional strategy. If I was an Anderson fan all the foolishness would drive me nuts.

Don who would you pick at this point - Milford? Sounds like ECC could be tight....

Don who would you pick at this point - Milford? Sounds like ECC could be tight....
Sir you are really going to make me pick. Its hard to say. I feel strongly that it will come down to the three ECC teams I saw scrimmage (Turpin, Kings and Milford). IMO, the ones I havent seen this summer will be the bottom half of the conference (Anderson, West Clermont, Loveland, Walnut, Withrow). To be fair I saw Kings and Milford vs Winton Woods (Warriors look fanstastic) but I saw Turpin vs Hamilton. Kings and Turpin mirror each other with Kings being a little bigger and a little more physical. Both Kings and Turpin have new young head coaches and staffs. The reason I have Milford in the mix is because they have something that no other ECC team has, a good, experienced established QB. And Milford also has Grippa steering the ship. With Olds and Stoll gone Grippa is the ECC boss.
Im going to go 1. Kings, 2. Turpin and 3. Milford

LOL. They still have football at Anderson. Anderson scrimmaged Elder and it was some discussion on the Elder football thread about the contest. They kept score. It was Elder 63 Anderson 14. But the thing is Anderson does all that crazy stuff on offense and wont punt or play defense, so scores in Anderson losses are often skewed. I just think that Anderson needs to use more traditional strategy. If I was an Anderson fan all the foolishness would drive me nuts.

Personally I love it. They had to change something after the Giesting era and the results have been pretty good.

I thought AHS looked pretty good last night, but I'm not sure what to take away from it given that I'm not sure how good Simon Kenton is. The biggest takeaway for me was their defense. It's the best defense Coach Dreyer has had (which isn't saying much). They were bullying Simon Kenton the whole game, and their freshman QB took a lot of damage.

The offense is about what you would expect from recent years, maybe a step or two back from last year early on in the season as they adjust to the talent lost to graduation. If Simon Kenton does well in KY, then Anderson will reap the benefit of big school Harbin points which is big. I thought Anderson's kicking game was better than I've seen in a while, but the defense is still what stood out the most to me, in that they actually played it.

Anderson, Kings, Turpin will round out the top 3 in the ECC I believe. West Clermont always has an upset up their sleeve when they're not the top dog, so they could play spoiler for someone. Who knows about Milford yet. The order will come down to some close head to head games.

I'll be interested to see how Little Miami plays against Simon Kenton later this year with them joining the ECC soon.

I watched the Kings - Lebanon game. Take away a Kings pick 6 at the beginning and the game was closer than score. Kings ran all over Lebanon in Q2 but Lebanon QB started getting big runs himself out of spread option in second half. Kings had 343 total yards to 317 for Lebanon (from GWOC page).
Kings RB Stylski ran for 192 - he was very hard to stop. Kings ran Stylski in the wildcat almost exclusively in Q4. Kings D looked good. O-line has 2 bruisers (77 and 74). Undersized beyond that. #19 WR Hunt is elusive - they didn't throw much his way though...
Kings looked impressive to me, but might be challenged by a more physical team.

Walnut Hills played close with Miamisburg. Miamisburg is big D1 school that is usually very solid. WH had more yards and first downs per GWOC site. Wow. Either the Burg is WAY down or Walnut Hills might be a surprise.

OK, let's not get ahead of ourselves here, if Kali was such a good coach, they would've snatched him up during the internal transfer period. Secondly, we need to quit acting like winning the CMAC is hard. Ask Withrow..... they dominated the CMAC, join the ECC and get curb-stomped into the ground each year so badly that they are going back to the CMAC. Jones finished in the middle of the CMAC last year at Woodward.... that doesn't exactly show me anything. A 4-6 record in their joke of of a schedule last year is pathetic.... they beat a terrible Withrow, Gamble, Hughes and Shroder.... wow sound the alarm and lookout for this amazing coach. Jones' Woodward team lost their 6 games by a combined score of 171-97.... again, not exactly confidence building.

Lastly, I think it is worth noting that Jonas, the AD at Withrow was/is looking to leave. He was hired to be Huber Heights Wayne's AD earlier this summer pending board approval.... this was all according to the pre-released board minutes; but Wayne decided Jonas had too much controversy and decided to rescind the offer last minute. Nothing at Withrow's Athletic Dept. the past few years has instilled any bit of confidence in any way whatsoever, and the joke continues. Sad for the kids and the community.

Granted, this is all second/third hand information, but interesting nonetheless. He (Jonas) seems to be "invested" in Withrow. If this is true...then yes, it's very sad for the community.

I know exactly what it takes as I have coached in the CMAC before and know all of the struggles you mention very well It really isn't hard to win that conference as most of those teams are so terrible at football every year due to those struggles that you mention as well as the nightmare Athletic Department in CPS. When was the last time a CMAC school won a playoff game? It is a bad conference, period. And that is 90% the fault of the terribly run CPS Athletic Dept.

Withrow was also D2 when they left the CMAC, so the ECC made the most sense logistics wise at that time. Withrow also spent most of their time being a D1 team while in the CMAC. Why would they join the SWOC or CHL when they are/were so much larger than those schools? Also, Withrow really wanted in the ECC to try to elevate their school's reputation and was hoping to do so by being associated with those schools in the ECC. They also lied during their application process saying that within 2 years they would have all teams competing in all the sports (Swimming, Tennis, Boys Volleyball, etc) when they had no real plan to follow through with such false claims.

The administration's intentions were there, unfortunately, they had a horrible AD who had no interest in developing anything but Girls' Track and his own interests. There were interviews and hires for swimming and Boys' Volleyball, with BV actually fielding a team for a season. Too many transitions in administration and AD's office has hurt the Athletic Program in the long run.

I know it is tough to coach in CPS. I read the article of the coaches and they struggle. But what I am having a hard time understanding is Withrow is celebrating 100 years, and if they have an active Alumni base then why are the alumni active in there school. I heard the current assistant AD is an alumni and the past 2 of 4 ADs where alumni. My question is the alumni need to go back and give back. From what I'm hearing inside of Withrow is that Jones the AD didn't support the last coach and he is trying to fill the positions with people from Dayton. This have the alumni in an up roar. Lastly, Taft has 90% of successful Withrow alumni people on there coaching staff who is refusing to come back and help Jones. Too much for high school football.

What administration at Withrow had intentions of bettering the athletics? They're on their 4th principal in 7 years I believe. They are on their 6th AD in as many years (at least 2 different people accepted the job but then quit within a week). They are on their 6th head coach in 10 seasons, their 8th in 13 seasons. What has any adult at Withrow done do make you think that they want to improve the school or athletic program?

Unfortunately the place seems to have ZERO direction.

Errors were made. I made my preference known years ago and am glad too see the warriors and Redskins back in the same league
"Errors were made". Well that is the understatement of the year. And people were defending that decision like they were defending the 2nd amendment to the Constitution. (not saying you were one) Were those people just anti Winton Woods? Some of them haven't been heard from since the wrong has been righted. But it's in the past. It just comes to mind when the mess that is Cincinnati Public Schools athletics are discussed.

for what it's worth: Daniel Ingram can BALL and will keep Withrow interesting if they can protect him until the conference schedule (sees who they play next)
(it's Princeton)
nevermind.
Based on Milford score - guessing Princeton has another strong year (if they don’t have any forfeits).

"Errors were made". Well that is the understatement of the year. And people were defending that decision like they were defending the 2nd amendment to the Constitution. (not saying you were one) Were those people just anti Winton Woods? Some of them haven't been heard from since the wrong has been righted. But it's in the past. It just comes to mind when the mess that is Cincinnati Public Schools athletics are discussed.

Insert should shrug emoji. I cant speak for others.

Just watched Loveland - Sycamore video. Sycamore just ran all over Loveland D. Could be another long season.

for what it's worth: Daniel Ingram can BALL and will keep Withrow interesting if they can protect him until the conference schedule (sees who they play next)
(it's Princeton)
nevermind.

Daniel Ingram can ball, but I just looked at the remainder of the Tiger's schedule. I don't see them winning another game this season. Best shot will come with them playing Loveland. But that will be coming off Princeton and Taft losses.

Withrow 2019 Football (1-0)
8/31 A Woodward (0-1)
9/6 A Princeton (1-0)
9/13 A Taft (1-0)
9/20 H Loveland (0-1)
9/27 A Anderson (1-0)
10/4 H Kings (1-0)
10/11 H Milford (0-1)
10/18 A West Clermont (0-1)
10/25 H Turpin (1-0)
11/1 A Walnut Hills (0-1)

Daniel Ingram can ball, but I just looked at the remainder of the Tiger's schedule. I don't see them winning another game this season. Best shot will come with them playing Loveland. But that will be coming off Princeton and Taft losses.

Withrow 2019 Football (1-0)
8/31 A Woodward (0-1)
9/6 A Princeton (1-0)
9/13 A Taft (1-0)
9/20 H Loveland (0-1)
9/27 A Anderson (1-0)
10/4 H Kings (1-0)
10/11 H Milford (0-1)
10/18 A West Clermont (0-1)
10/25 H Turpin (1-0)
11/1 A Walnut Hills (0-1)
I would think they would have a pretty good shot against Taft.

It’s funny how it was Withrow wouldn’t win a game in the ECC... y’all still have the same energy lol?
Let me guess the excuse is Loveland is just a trash team