Top Teams: D1, D2, D3 Cincy/Dayton

D1

Moeller - Cincinnati 1 seed. Brutal schedule and has the experience that will take them far.

Beavercreek - Dayton 1 seed. I have not seen them play but like Moeller they have the experience and good coaching.

Mason - Only loss is to Liberty. Good win over Lakota East and a tie to Moeller.

Elder - If they’re playing their best the can beat anyone.

Centerville? - Some really bad results but seem to be getting hot at right time.

D2

Alter - #3 team in the state. A very solid defensive team once again.

Wyoming - scoring a lot of goals and not letting many in.

Tipp City - 3-1 win over Indian Hill and have blown out everyone else.

Monroe - Undefeated and unproven.

Indian Hill - Tough schedule. Not one great win yet.

SCD - Seem to be repeating what they did last year. Decent regular season, gearing up for the tournament. They’re the favorites.

D3

Mariemont - Best Team in the region

Troy Christian - Beat DC. Best team out of Dayton

Seven Hills - Some good results. Ties to SCD and Mariemont. A head scratching butt kicking to Wyoming. They’ll be a contender.

I agree with most of the D1. Centerville started out slow, but they seem to be playing well as of late. They beat Alter 1-0 last week. Elder beat Moeller which is a huge one. Elder has always been good. Only one I think should be added is Carroll out of Dayton. I might even have them over Beavercreek.

D2: Always see Alter towards the top. They are always good and seem to have met Centerville at a time Centerville is rolling. Indian Hill has had a good season and they've played well against both D2 and D1.

I dont know a whole lot about D3, but I'm sure there are some good teams from the south.

I'll weigh in on Dayton D-2. Since Carroll was moved up to D-1 three years ago....the Dayton region has been willed to Alter. This year has some different characters vying for the top tournament seed. Alter remains king...but the SWBL in Oakwood and Monroe have some legit street cred. This is the best Monroe and Oakwood teams I have seen....and I have watched for almost 20 years. The Hornets have a tie and one goal win over the Jacks...so they hold the league reins. Also waiting to lay claim to best of D-2 in the Dayton region is Tipp City. I think the Red Devils are the best of the lot. Saw them pre-season play Carroll to a 0 - 0 standstill in a tournament game...and based on their regular season scores....they have a legit claim for supremacy. They are unbeaten....and pretty much unchallenged. Included is a 3-1 win over Indian Hill who played Alter to a 0-0 tie last night. Bellbrook...for decades has ruled the SWBL....but have struggled with some coaching changes and talent drain the last couple of years. This year they have a sophomore heavy squad....and could play spoiler....but appear to be too young and small to make any kind of run. If Alter is to hold the trump card this year....they will have to prove it with face-offs with the contenders (pretenders). They have games yet with Monroe, Bellbrook, Tipp City and a season ender with Waynesville....who is also unbeaten in the SWBL small school division. Waynesville beat Fenwick last night 5 to 1. Fenwick had recently played Carroll to a 3 - 0 loss, so who knows....maybe Waynesville is a player too. We will see. In the tournament...it looks like it will be SCD, Wyoming or Indian Hill out of Cincy. All in all this may be the year for a Cinderella winning the right to go to Mapfree....especially now that DeSales has been moved to D-1.

I'll weigh in on Dayton D-2. Since Carroll was moved up to D-1 three years ago....the Dayton region has been willed to Alter. This year has some different characters vying for the top tournament seed. Alter remains king...but the SWBL in Oakwood and Monroe have some legit street cred. This is the best Monroe and Oakwood teams I have seen....and I have watched for almost 20 years. The Hornets have a tie and one goal win over the Jacks...so they hold the league reins. Also waiting to lay claim to best of D-2 in the Dayton region is Tipp City. I think the Red Devils are the best of the lot. Saw them pre-season play Carroll to a 0 - 0 standstill in a tournament game...and based on their regular season scores....they have a legit claim for supremacy. They are unbeaten....and pretty much unchallenged. Included is a 3-1 win over Indian Hill who played Alter to a 0-0 tie last night. Bellbrook...for decades has ruled the SWBL....but have struggled with some coaching changes and talent drain the last couple of years. This year they have a sophomore heavy squad....and could play spoiler....but appear to be too young and small to make any kind of run. If Alter is to hold the trump card this year....they will have to prove it with face-offs with the contenders (pretenders). They have games yet with Monroe, Bellbrook, Tipp City and a season ender with Waynesville....who is also unbeaten in the SWBL small school division. Waynesville beat Fenwick last night 5 to 1. Fenwick had recently played Carroll to a 3 - 0 loss, so who knows....maybe Waynesville is a player too. We will see. In the tournament...it looks like it will be SCD, Wyoming or Indian Hill out of Cincy. All in all this may be the year for a Cinderella winning the right to go to Mapfree....especially now that DeSales has been moved to D-1.
Alter definitely plays one of the top schedules in D2. Games against Carroll, Mariemont, Tipp, Monroe, Centerville, Indian Hill, and Waynesville will have them tournament ready. Tipp seems to be very good this year, even if their schedule is no where near the likes of Alter's. The teams play Thursday night and will decide the 1 seed for tournament. As for SWBL, they have some tough competition coming out this year and Monroe can make a run in tournament. Indian Hill is a tough team, with ties to Carroll and Alter. Should be a fun D2 Tournament.

Alter definitely plays one of the top schedules in D2. Games against Carroll, Mariemont, Tipp, Monroe, Centerville, Indian Hill, and Waynesville will have them tournament ready. Tipp seems to be very good this year, even if their schedule is no where near the likes of Alter's. The teams play Thursday night and will decide the 1 seed for tournament. As for SWBL, they have some tough competition coming out this year and Monroe can make a run in tournament. Indian Hill is a tough team, with ties to Carroll and Alter. Should be a fun D2 Tournament.
Alter and Tippecanoe are no longer in the same tournament sectional. Alter is central and Tippecanoe is north. They will both certainly be 1 seeds.

Cincy region comes down to SCD, IH and Wyoming. SCD and IH play this week and that will give us a better indicator of who the favorite is. If I had to guess I would say SCD beats IH. Wyoming is a perfect 11-0-0 and will most likely get the one seed. It will be interesting to see how those three decide to put themselves in the tournament.

Monroe, Alter, Tipp and Ross seem to be the favorites out of the Central and North regions. Maybe Bellbrook? Maybe Oakwood.

My guess is the region comes down to Tipp City & Wyoming.

I'll throw out another name in DI, Springboro. They have a really nice draw. The beat Centerville and Lakota East, tied Anthony Wayne to close out the season. Their non-league schedule looks to have them prepared for the tournament.

Well since you clearly knew all along, mind telling us who is going to win the regional final?

Ha! Lucky guess. Game comes down to Wyoming’s tough defense against Tipp’s dangerous throw. If they can minimize opportunities and keep the ball in play Wyoming has a fighting chance.