Butler Co All Stars vs the Trenton Possum Eaters

Pull-to-Trap

Who ya got? Anyone check in on Yordy? Heard he was on suicide watch.

Young possums need to clean some things up to be competitive. All Stars coming off of two straight losses. Should be interesting...........

Uhh, is there anyone out there who uhh knows anything about Edgewood. Uhh, it seems like they used to have a poster that uhh knew everything about the Cougs.

Edgewood is in a state of shock. No real offensive threat and I don’t see one for another two years the defense is okay at best. They lost a lot of talent and the OC is not making the best play calls to fit the talent level. The QB should have a good senior year. Edgewood will finish 6-4 at best. Sad sad year in the corn fields. Harrison will take the SWOC with Talawanda in a close 2nd

I think the rams pull it all together for coach yordy this week and win a close one. Maybe then he can get his shoe strings back lol.

Edgewood is in a state of shock. No real offensive threat and I don’t see one for another two years the defense is okay at best. They lost a lot of talent and the OC is not making the best play calls to fit the talent level. The QB should have a good senior year. Edgewood will finish 6-4 at best. Sad sad year in the corn fields. Harrison will take the SWOC with Talawanda in a close 2nd
Edgewood is 1-1 entering the 3rd week. How could you label that as a state of shock?

Everyone is on the Talawanda and Ross train right now. They havent played anyone yet. Talawanda beat Preble Shawnee a D5 school and barely squeeked out a Badin win (who is struggling this year) Ross beat Badin by one point and blew out Monroe who will probably be 0-10 this year. If Ross blows out Western Brown then we can talk. If Talawanda beats New Richmond in a couple weeks then we can talk. I think the SWOC goes like this Harrison, Everyone else, then Northwest bringing up the rear. I see Talawawanda in the bottom half and Ross towards the up side of the conference 3 or 4. Talawanda will not beat Mt Healthy, LM, Edgewood, or Harrison. Ross has a shot against 3 of the 4 but will be dogs in all 4. The top 4 teams in the conference are Harrison, Edgewood, LM, and Mt Healthy.

Everyone is on the Talawanda and Ross train right now. They havent played anyone yet. Talawanda beat Preble Shawnee a D5 school and barely squeeked out a Badin win (who is struggling this year) Ross beat Badin by one point and blew out Monroe who will probably be 0-10 this year. If Ross blows out Western Brown then we can talk. If Talawanda beats New Richmond in a couple weeks then we can talk. I think the SWOC goes like this Harrison, Everyone else, then Northwest bringing up the rear. I see Talawawanda in the bottom half and Ross towards the up side of the conference 3 or 4. Talawanda will not beat Mt Healthy, LM, Edgewood, or Harrison. Ross has a shot against 3 of the 4 but will be dogs in all 4. The top 4 teams in the conference are Harrison, Edgewood, LM, and Mt Healthy.

I doubt Monroe goes 0-10, but it could happen. I have heard that New Richmond is down this year and should be a win for Talawanda, in fact I heard Monroe thinks they have a shot at them this week. If you haven't seen Ross play they are better than what you think. I think they probably finish in the top three in the league. Talawanda is still an anomaly. I had heard that the old coach was banking on this group to turn it around for the Braves. Maybe Cox stepped into a good situation with everyone healthy. If Ross and Talawanda are both improved and on the verge of having good seasons, is Badin really that bad or are those tough losses to solid teams. It's too early in the season to be counting anybody out, but I would agree that Harrison is the favorite.

I doubt Monroe goes 0-10, but it could happen. I have heard that New Richmond is down this year and should be a win for Talawanda, in fact I heard Monroe thinks they have a shot at them this week. If you haven't seen Ross play they are better than what you think. I think they probably finish in the top three in the league. Talawanda is still an anomaly. I had heard that the old coach was banking on this group to turn it around for the Braves. Maybe Cox stepped into a good situation with everyone healthy. If Ross and Talawanda are both improved and on the verge of having good seasons, is Badin really that bad or are those tough losses to solid teams. It's too early in the season to be counting anybody out, but I would agree that Harrison is the favorite.

I think Talawanda has a good shot at beating New Richmond. The Brave(no more s) are playing with confidence and NR just lost to Bethel Tate. If they don't beat them this year they may never.

I totally believe Ross is the real deal. The last couple years in JV and Freshman they have been solid. LM has barely beat them the last 2 years and dont forget about Edgewood last year. Its hard for me to believe in Talawanda because they were so bad last year. Maybe they are turning it around, but someone has to lose these games and I dont see Talawanda beating teams that have Howell, Reder, or Lanier on their rosters. Ross on the other hand...maybe!?!?

I will say this, Coach Cox if nothing else has the Brave playing hard. It appears the scheme he is implementing (insert Terry Malone O and D), is working for this group. This group of Talawanda seniors use to beat the snot out of dudes until their sophomore year, so who knows. Probably too early to jump on the Brave train but they are improved w/o question.

Also, I was at the MH/Badin scrimmage (game situation). Badin dominated that scrimmage in all phases. Like another poster said not sure if its Badin's down or Ross and Talawanda are tough losses that Badin normally gets??? Time will tell.

As far as Ross goes....if they don't turn the ball over, continue to pound people up front, eat up the clock and avoid big plays on D, they are going to be a hard out for any school in the conference. I suspect Harrison's ability to pass may lead to their downfall but again time will tell. According to the paper they kept the ball away from Badin for an entire qtr???

Badin wasn't supposed to be down this year. A lot of people said CJ and Badin would compete with Alter & there could be a potential shared or 3 way split for the league title. Badin losing to Ross and Talawanda is very suprising. Maybe Badin had some arrogance in the preseason...

We will know more about Edgewood and Badin next week. This is actually a normal start for Edgewood. It takes a couple of games to see what the new starters can do and the gel starts to happen. The inability to get good team reps in against some sort of opposition hurts these smaller squad schools so it takes a couple games.

Badin is typically the best early performance for the Cougs. If Badin is decent and Edewood can pull it together and win then they should be ok. If it is a lopsided loss then there is trouble in the corn. Same thing happened two years ago (1-1 start) and they went undefeated in the SWOC so there's that.

That being said; the senior group at Talawanda has always been their best class and are finally all healthy and back together. Should make it interesting. Harrison probably the class of the field though, at least on paper.

Badin wasn't supposed to be down this year. A lot of people said CJ and Badin would compete with Alter & there could be a potential shared or 3 way split for the league title. Badin losing to Ross and Talawanda is very suprising. Maybe Badin had some arrogance in the preseason...

Badin lost all but 1 offensive starter on their O-line and all but 1 defensive starter on the D-Line. End of story. Super young up front and likely the reason they have struggled out of the gate. Whoever said they were simply reloading this season was not informed of the situation in reality.

We will know more about Edgewood and Badin next week. This is actually a normal start for Edgewood. It takes a couple of games to see what the new starters can do and the gel starts to happen. The inability to get good team reps in against some sort of opposition hurts these smaller squad schools so it takes a couple games.

Badin is typically the best early performance for the Cougs. If Badin is decent and Edewood can pull it together and win then they should be ok. If it is a lopsided loss then there is trouble in the corn. Same thing happened two years ago (1-1 start) and they went undefeated in the SWOC so there's that.

That being said; the senior group at Talawanda has always been their best class and are finally all healthy and back together. Should make it interesting. Harrison probably the class of the field though, at least on paper.

I've been following the SWOC for about 4 years now, ever since our family moved to Ross. Seems like Edgewood, even in the years they didn't win the conference, was in the mix down to the final week of conference play (and I think that it was only 2015 when they didn't win the title?). I expect the same this year.

I've been following the SWOC for about 4 years now, ever since our family moved to Ross. Seems like Edgewood, even in the years they didn't win the conference, was in the mix down to the final week of conference play (and I think that it was only 2015 when they didn't win the title?). I expect the same this year.

Mt Healthy won the 1st four SWOC (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015) titles, Edgewood has won or tied for the past 3 (2016, 2017, 2018)

I guess the OG Emullet (or Emullet1) will have to step in and give us the detailed analysis.
I no longer no the inner workings of Edgewood football. But I do know 2 things about Edgewood, they still have a huge chance of choking week in and week out. Everyone knows the more reps the better the wing-t. I have complete faith in any running back named Howell.
Who ever said Badin might have been arrogant it's Badin. They've been arrogant since Malone retired. They think they're St X.

Now if we could just get hoser to come out of exodus all could be right with the world.

Edgewood has canceled the series with Badin, so this could be the last time these 2 programs square off for a while (tease...tease)

Come on Zeeman, gives us the ole Ric Flair for old times sake!!!!
You hit the nail and the head hawg, no O&D lines no wins. Sad time for the Rams. Wonder if Yordy will take any heat from the powers that be? Doubt it, he's in the club

I no longer no the inner workings of Edgewood football. But I do know 2 things about Edgewood, they still have a huge chance of choking week in and week out. Everyone knows the more reps the better the wing-t. I have complete faith in any running back named Howell.
Who ever said Badin might have been arrogant it's Badin. They've been arrogant since Malone retired. They think they're St X.
My take on this game is that we will soon find out where Edgewood is at. It is hard to go by the Franklin game. The unsportsmanlike call out of bounds giving Franklin an automatic first down was HARD to swallow since the WR jumped the kicking net that was on the sideline and hit the DB and fell. Franklin was big and physical as usual and I feel a lot better after watching the Defensive performance of the Cougars in that game. Our offense will be fine. We started to move the ball in the second half again of the Franklin game once we stuck to our normal offense. Reminded me a little of the WW game last year where we ran the ball well but decided to throw it a lot for some reason. I love all the talk of the fall of the Cougars. I would much rather be the one people are looking past. Emullet1 there is a seat next to me hidden in the corner of the field or bleachers if you ever need a place:)

Last edited:
They do not have the talent pool like the last 4 years. The Howell brothers are solid. The QB is decent. There’s no bell cow back anymore more.
RB's are great but you are only as good as the 6 guys in front of you. This years line is really starting to gel and that will be the key to the cougars offense. I have talked to all the teams i have coached through time to explain i don't care if you own a Sports car if you rive it on a stone road it is worthless. You have to have the guys up front paving the way and the longer this group plays together the better they are getting. Best of luck to the Cougars this weekend!

Last time a team laid an egg like that one of their teachers was a stripper. Better get that cleaned up Edgewood.......