Wayne @ Trotwood-Madison, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Breed

Kinda surprised this thread hasn't already happened, but here we go...

The Wayne Warriors travel to N. Union Road to take on the Trotwood-Madison Rams in what has become one of the best rivalries in the area, football or basketball. Last year the Rams lost an overtime battle and look to avenge that loss. Wayne leads the all-time series, as Trotwood has only beaten Wayne twice. However, whenever Trotwood beats Wayne we win the state title so...no pressure, right?

Wayne has not scored a ton of points, having only scored 19 points in week one and 10 in week 2. Trotwood snapped a 4 game losing streak last week and finally looked like the Trotwood we're used to seeing. The Rams have a two-headed running attack led by Hezekiah Hudson-Davis and Taco Hamilton. Although, I'm definitely expecting the Warriors to be fired up and ready to win their first game.

Who do you have?

Great athletes on both sides and couldn't agree more that this is one of the better rivalries given the success of both programs. I think Fancher's running ability from the pocket is the difference in this one. Wayne 28 Trotwood 21

After seeing a few more teams over the past two weeks my original opinion of the Rams have changed. The Rams aren't as bad as I initially thought. Who did the Rams beat last week? TM would take it to some teams I've watched. The Rams has some undeniable depth problems. I think there are a couple of kids playing that might not be varsity ready at least not "Trotwood Madison" varsity ready. Wayne is winless and this is a make or break game for them. A loss would really hurt and could sink the season.

this game is a toss-up. the team with the least amount of turnovers will win. I will give TM the win solely because of home field advantage.

New Breed, you were misleading a little. You said the Rams looked like the Rams everyone is accustomed to. I looked it up and the Rams played a Canadian team. Come on man. I'm definitely rooting for TM Friday. The Rams QB has to take care not to turnover the football.

Think Vamp is out trying to find Fugate
Fugate and Gunnell took a wrecking ball to the program. It's time to move on though. The offensive coaching staff needs to step it up this week. They have done a very poor job with the game plan. The team has weaknesses on the O Line and instead of designing plays around what they do well, they continue to be arrogant and try to run drop back plays that get destroyed. They need more misdirection plays as well as plays that force the defense to choose between what Fancher might do and the options he has available. That is, get Fancher on the move and out of the pocket and give him options. Finally, they need to play the whole game. Don't quit with time left on the clock if they're down. It was embarrassing to watch the team walk onto the field with time left on the clock.

Based on the Trotwood- Winton Woods score I'm going to go with Wayne by at least two touchdowns.

Wayne 27
Trotwood 14

Last edited:
Trotwood snapped a 4 game losing streak last week and finally looked like the Trotwood we're used to seeing.

Playing a Canadian team will do that ? I'm just baffled as to how they managed to go up 6-0 in the first quarter.

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I wish I could say Wayne will win....but at this point, I just can't. These last 2 weeks have been rough. It's really unfortunate to see this program losing 2 in a row, and possibly a 3rd. I don't even know the last time they lost 3 in a row-thats a question for Vamps. The play calling is basically "pass" and the run is never established to open up the passing game. I hope I am wrong, and they do win.....

I wish I could say Wayne will win....but at this point, I just can't. These last 2 weeks have been rough. It's really unfortunate to see this program losing 2 in a row, and possibly a 3rd. I don't even know the last time they lost 3 in a row-thats a question for Vamps. The play calling is basically "pass" and the run is never established to open up the passing game. I hope I am wrong, and they do win.....

Only problem with that is they were playing some of the top teams in the state. Trotwood seems a little down this year after looking at the Winton Woods score. I really think Wayne will be fine

Wayne is currently in a 3 game losing streak.... Davidson, Colerain, Liberty .....

1992 Wayne started the season 0-4

Last edited:
Only problem with that is they were playing some of the top teams in the state. Trotwood seems a little down this year after looking at the Winton Woods score. I really think Wayne will be fine
Dont be fooled by the Winton Woods/Trotwood score. Wayne would had got that work from Winton Woods just like Trotwood, maybe worse. What does concern me about the Rams is the QB play. He holds the ball too long. And the fact that they played a Canadian team week 2. It just not a good measuring stick. I did watch the Wayne game vs Liberty and Wayne couldn't protect the QB at all and Trotwood will be coming quicker and harder than Liberty.

Last edited:
Dont be fooled by the Winton Woods/Trotwood score. Wayne would had got that work from Winton Woods just like Trotwood, maybe worse. What does concern me about the Rams is the QB play. He holds the ball too long. And the fact that they played a Canadian team week 2. It just not a good measuring stick. I did watch the Wayne game vs Liberty and Wayne couldn't protect the QB at all and Trotwood will be coming quicker and harder than Liberty.
My hope is that the offensive coaching staff has set aside their arrogance and worked on safety outlets and getting the QB on the move earlier.

Wayne is currently in a 3 game losing streak.... Davidson, Colerain, Liberty .....

1992 Wayne started the season 0-4
Thanks! I knew you would know! I am hoping this coaching staff can turn things around FAST. If not, we will continue to watch the demise of Wayne Football....

Thanks! I knew you would know! I am hoping this coaching staff can turn things around FAST. If not, we will continue to watch the demise of Wayne Football....
Is it really that bad? Losing to Colerain by 9 isn’t that shabby. Yeah in the past they probably would of won one of those games but it seems like it’s far from a collapse

Y’all better stop acting like WW wouldn’t beat everybody in the GWOC. In that case the whole GWOC is down. I don’t see WW losing to anybody (HOBAN, MASS). I few of those TD’s were pick 6, or we gave WW a short field, and WW is just to good for that. The Rams will be fine.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY

Hawk,

I missed the show this past Monday night. Did Coach Mukes comment on the areas that Wayne needs to focus on most?

Y’all better stop acting like WW wouldn’t beat everybody in the GWOC. In that case the whole GWOC is down. I don’t see WW losing to anybody (HOBAN, MASS). I few of those TD’s were pick 6, or we gave WW a short field, and WW is just to good for that. The Rams will be fine.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Great Call! Don Magic Ron had it right too

Wayne just isn’t a good team this year. 0-3 proves it correct. Wish it wasn’t so, but ??‍♂️

Yeah it sucks. We already lost Centerville as a state power, now there's a possibility that we'll lose Wayne. Too soon to panic though. We should have a better idea next year.

Wayne just isn’t a good team this year. 0-3 proves it correct. Wish it wasn’t so, but ??‍♂️
Sorry, this is all on the coaching staff. They are in over their heads. They did a poor job of preparing the team again this week. The defense which had looked good was shredded tonight. I would put #8 in at QB and get #1 back to WR. This just isn’t working.

The offense did run more misdirection plays but they could not control the penalties. The team really misses the teaching of Coach Garinger and Coach Engle. Wayne is breaking in two new coordinators this year.

At one point in the fourth quarter, Coach Mukes and Coach Boyce were laughing about something. You’re losing. What message does that send to the team? That they don’t need to take any of this seriously?

This is painful to watch. I feel bad for the players. They deserve better and got the shaft the same way Coach Minton did. I hope everyone that had a part in this destruction is happy with their decision.

1) 51 seconds to go before the half, Wayne has 2 timeouts with the ball.... Trotwood has no timeouts. Wayne runs a play and does not call time out. A lot of time goes off the clock, they run another play and then call a time out with 11 seconds left. Attempt a hail mary... go into the half with that timeout still left. Wayne needed to use the first timeout right away. Not the first time this season they have bundled the timeouts....

2) The punt.... Wayne punts the ball and downs it at the 35. It was 4th and 15... penalty for too many men on the field on Trotwood.... instead of declining it they opt to punt again and Trotwood returns it to the 50. The RAMS were getting good returns on kicks all night... why take the penalty unless you were going for it on 4th down....

3) Kickoff... following a Trotwood touchdown the RAMS were called for a celebration penalty. Trotwood kicks off on their own 25. Instead of having the deep men on the 20 yard line they move them up to the 40.... What???? Trotwood kicker kicks the ball 20 yards over their heads, the ball rolls dead at the 5 and is only returned to the 10.

4) Following a Wayne touchdown late in the game that brought them to within 6 points Wayne gets to kick at Trotwood's 45 following a 15 yard penalty on the touchdown. Instead of the onside kick Wayne boots the ball into the end zone. We are talking the difference of about 7 yards in field position if they would of opted for the on side kick. Wayne had not stopped the Trotwood run game in the 2nd half. 3 plays later Trotwood is in the end zone. By kicking the on side kick you give your team 2 chances to get the ball. 1 by recovering the kick and then 2 stopping them on defense.... by booting it into the end zone you give your team just 1 chance.

5) Wayne driving again late, runs the ball while inside the 10. Waits for about 15 seconds to go off the clock before taking a timeout instead of taking it right away.....

Wayne had 211 yards rushing and 209 passing but once again well over 100 yards in penalties. Trotwood also had a crap load of penalties.... I have never seen so many holding penalties on run plays before in my life. Wayne needs to learn from Olentangy Liberty how to tackle. Trotwood had to have over 300 YAC yards in this game.... pathetic. It is basic fundamentals that were lacking.

The positive.... Wayne looked better offensively especially the run game.
The negative.... coaching decisions, way too many penalties, defending the run.

No doubt Trotwood made some plays in this game and full credit for that but man, this is 3 games now that Wayne had a legitimate chance of winning a could not get it done....

Players win games, coaches lose them.....

Status
Not open for further replies.