2019 Suburban League American

That is stupid. Teams don't overlook teams/programs like Stow, or the coach should be fired. STUPID.

Teams may not overlook teams/programs, but Cleveland.com sure did. I was looking back at their preseason top 25. Stow is not in it at all. Barberton was 5th. So they had teams like Cleveland Hts., Lorain, Perry, Akron East, Buchtel, Aurora, Kirtland, Chardon, Mayfield all ranked and no Stow. Was that poor rankings or will the dust settle and Stow not be as good as those teams I listed. I find it hard to believe that all those teams are truly better than Stow. So what is the deal. Is Stow legit and can play with Solon, or not legit and get it handed to them? They must have something to beat Barberton by the score they did. But getting no respect anywhere??? Confusing to me.

Said at the beginning of summer that Stow would be a handful and got a lot of laughs. Last year they had a new coach that tried to make it work with hold over assistant coaches from the previous regime. They have talent, much of it young but they are very talented. They have a coaching staff that has it's system in place and have had an offseason to tune it up. I think Barberton is talented too but may have got a little too high after that Wadsworth scrimmage. I think some of their guys were getting fitted for championship rings after that scrimmage. Had a feeling the Magic coaches would have their hands full getting their guys grounded after. Maybe Stow was just better. Both should be playoff teams.

Week 3:
9/13 Barberton (1-1) at Cuyahoga Falls (2-0)
9/13 Copley (1-1) at Lake (2-0)
9/13 Highland (0-2) at North Royalton (1-1)
9/13 Kent Roosevelt (1-1) at Ravenna (2-0)
9/13 Revere (2-0) at Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy (1-1)
9/13 Twinsburg (1-1) at Aurora (2-0)
9/13 Coventry (2-0) at Tallmadge (1-1)

Said at the beginning of summer that Stow would be a handful and got a lot of laughs. Last year they had a new coach that tried to make it work with hold over assistant coaches from the previous regime. They have talent, much of it young but they are very talented. They have a coaching staff that has it's system in place and have had an offseason to tune it up. I think Barberton is talented too but may have got a little too high after that Wadsworth scrimmage. I think some of their guys were getting fitted for championship rings after that scrimmage. Had a feeling the Magic coaches would have their hands full getting their guys grounded after. Maybe Stow was just better. Both should be playoff teams.
I am really looking forward to the Stow vs Solon game. I believe Stow will end up defeating Solon in my humble opinion. They are definitely a playoff contending team. I am also anxious to see how well Barberton rebounds after the defeat. Cuyahoga Falls is 2-0 and will be a tough opponent, especially with the victory bell at stake.

With the conference they play in, I don’t know if I would call it the “wheels falling off”. That is a brutal conference with some of the best teams in NE Ohio and the state.

It is. And they show each and every year that they do not have the program to belong. With 1000 more kids then any other school, they might hang in the suburban... but they don’t pass muster to get in. That’s why I giggle every year when someone comes on here trumpeting Medina. “Wait till these 8th graders get there...our youth team never lost”..... They are alway soft, and always fail.

Barberton's defense cannot take the Falls offense too lightly this evening. They will need to step it up, especially after getting man-handled by Stow's physical play last week.

My quick guesses:

9/13 Barberton (1-1) at Cuyahoga Falls (2-0)
9/13 Copley (1-1) at Lake (2-0)
9/13 Highland (0-2) at North Royalton (1-1)
9/13 Kent Roosevelt (1-1) at Ravenna (2-0)
9/13 Revere (2-0) at Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy (1-1)
9/13 Twinsburg (1-1) at Aurora (2-0)
9/13 Coventry (2-0) at Tallmadge (1-1)

I think Tallmadge is the biggest question mark. It will be interesting to see how they play this game. If they can improve this week as much as last, it should be a good game.

It is. And they show each and every year that they do not have the program to belong. With 1000 more kids then any other school, they might hang in the suburban... but they don’t pass muster to get in. That’s why I giggle every year when someone comes on here trumpeting Medina. “Wait till these 8th graders get there...our youth team never lost”..... They are alway soft, and always fail.
Lol had a Highland parent tell me how great the jr high teams were today

Teams may not overlook teams/programs, but Cleveland.com sure did. I was looking back at their preseason top 25. Stow is not in it at all. Barberton was 5th. So they had teams like Cleveland Hts., Lorain, Perry, Akron East, Buchtel, Aurora, Kirtland, Chardon, Mayfield all ranked and no Stow. Was that poor rankings or will the dust settle and Stow not be as good as those teams I listed. I find it hard to believe that all those teams are truly better than Stow. So what is the deal. Is Stow legit and can play with Solon, or not legit and get it handed to them? They must have something to beat Barberton by the score they did. But getting no respect anywhere??? Confusing to me.

Due to hectic schedule, haven't made a HS game since 2017, but follow. Stow only went 6-4 last year, and their lack of discipline was killer at times..with a game where I believe they had over 240 yards in penalties, including 6 personal fouls....in the 4th quarter alone. But the team improved throughout the season after starting 0-2. They were probably taken lightly this year due to a YOUNG team, with only 16 seniors, 5 or 6 that start. They were thought to be a year away. But they seem to be growing up fast.

Last edited:
Coventry 27, Tallmadge 6
Barberton 56, Cuyahoga Falls 21
CVCA 38, Revere 24
Lake 43, Copley 9

Highland at North Royalton (postponed - not sure if they played any tonight or not)
Aurora 23, Twinsburg 0 (postponed - looks like 3rd QTR)
Kent Roosevelt 0, Ravenna 0 (postponed - halftime)

Coventry 27, Tallmadge 6
Barberton 56, Cuyahoga Falls 21
CVCA 38, Revere 24
Lake 43, Copley 9

Highland at North Royalton (postponed - not sure if they played any tonight or not)
Aurora 23, Twinsburg 0 (postponed - looks like 3rd QTR)
Kent Roosevelt 0, Ravenna 0 (postponed - halftime)
North Royalton 28
Highland 7
Mid 2Q when weather delayed
Saw this on update thread

Is Stow going to get some love now. We know D1R1 is pretty much: Ed's, Ignatius, and Mentor. Maybe Stow is in the mix this year?? No offense to Euclid and McKinley. But when the chips are down in November, I'm taking the big 3 over Euclid or McKinley. Just wondering if Stow could be a fly in the ointment?

North Royalton 35, Highland 28 - looks like Highland had a better day today but not quite enough.

Suburban League American - Week 4:

9/20 Barberton (2-1) at Highland (0-3)
9/20 Kent Roosevelt (1-2) at Copley (1-2)
9/20 Tallmadge (1-2) at Revere (2-1)
9/20 Padua Franciscan (1-1) at Aurora (3-0) (PF plays Mayfield on 9/14)

Suburban League American - Week 4:

9/20 Barberton (2-1) at Highland (0-3)
9/20 Kent Roosevelt (1-2) at Copley (1-2)
9/20 Tallmadge (1-2) at Revere (2-1)
9/20 Padua Franciscan (1-1) at Aurora (3-0) (PF plays Mayfield on 9/14)

Barberton big
Kent by 7
Revere by 10
Aurora by 10