CHL Football 2019

yappimember67

I know there was a thread for predictions. Figured we'd make one for the season.

Nothing surprising in Week 1. Cincinnati College Prep beat Finneytown to end their 15 game losing streak. I heard that Finneytown fumbled the ball near the goal line late in the 4th quarter.

Wyoming and Indian Hill won their games pretty easily. Prater went for 6 combined passing/rushing TDs against Columbus Academy.

My guess for the year...
Wyoming
Indian Hill
Madeira
Mariemont
Deer Park
Reading
Taylor
Finneytown

Finneytown is going to be a huge Harbin sink for the CHL playoff contenders.
It's no different than any other year. The bottom teams in the league do not win very many out-of-conference games. Those are the only ones that affect the total Harbin haul for the league. The inter-league games are a wash since a CHL team wins and losses each one.

I don’t know if it was an upset or not, but IH couldn’t get any offense going. Only 200 yards of offense all night.

Finneytown got a win of Riverview East last night.

Looks like Reading and Taylor are really going to struggle this year.

Mariemont played a crazy game in which the opposing RB ran for 300+ yards... and Mariemont still came back to win.

Wyoming beat Taft pretty easily after it was close in the first half.

Deer Park beat a bad Clark team easily as well.

I don’t know if it was an upset or not, but IH couldn’t get any offense going. Only 200 yards of offense all night.

Finneytown got a win of Riverview East last night.

Looks like Reading and Taylor are really going to struggle this year.

Mariemont played a crazy game in which the opposing RB ran for 300+ yards... and Mariemont still came back to win.

Wyoming beat Taft pretty easily after it was close in the first half.

Deer Park beat a bad Clark team easily as well.
I think Goshen had under 100 yds offense last week and scored 28 yesterday so perhaps the McNick D is pretty stout.

It's no different than any other year. The bottom teams in the league do not win very many out-of-conference games. Those are the only ones that affect the total Harbin haul for the league. The inter-league games are a wash since a CHL team wins and losses each one.
The bottom three teams in the league last year went 6-3 out of conference. Maybe they weren't great wins bringing in a lot of Harbin points but we're a long way from three years ago when Finneytown gave up 500 points.

What's up with Taylor? I think Lawrenceburg is usually pretty good but not sure about Blanchester. Regardless, 68-7 combined score in two losses doesn't look good for them. Mariemont, Madeira and Deer Park all 2-0 but not sure any of them have played a decent team yet. I guess we'll find out in week 4 when CHL starts playing each other.

The bottom three teams in the league last year went 6-3 out of conference. Maybe they weren't great wins bringing in a lot of Harbin points but we're a long way from three years ago when Finneytown gave up 500 points.
Last year was an outlier. In 2017 the bottom three won 3 OOC. 2016 they only won 1. 3 again in 2015.

What's up with Taylor? I think Lawrenceburg is usually pretty good but not sure about Blanchester. Regardless, 68-7 combined score in two losses doesn't look good for them. Mariemont, Madeira and Deer Park all 2-0 but not sure any of them have played a decent team yet. I guess we'll find out in week 4 when CHL starts playing each other.

Offense is going to struggle with a freshman QB (who has thrown 0 TDs and 7 INTs in 2 games). They also have 73 rushing yards over 2 games. Like you said, we'll figure more out when CHL play comes around, but I think they finish 7th this year.

Offense is going to struggle with a freshman QB (who has thrown 0 TDs and 7 INTs in 2 games). They also have 73 rushing yards over 2 games. Like you said, we'll figure more out when CHL play comes around, but I think they finish 7th this year.
Wow. How bad were the other players he beat out for the QB spot? Doesn't seem possible there isn't another kid in that school that could play the position better than that. I thought the new coach would have a little more success based on his background. This is depressing.

Isn’t Taylor one of if not the largest school in the conference? Seems I remember talk that that was a growing area.

Wow. How bad were the other players he beat out for the QB spot? Doesn't seem possible there isn't another kid in that school that could play the position better than that. I thought the new coach would have a little more success based on his background. This is depressing.
The freshman playing was their #3 qb when the season started. The first two have suffered injuries.

Isn’t Taylor one of if not the largest school in the conference? Seems I remember talk that that was a growing area.

Yes, they are the largest in the CHL according to OHSAA. 2018 numbers for boys per school:

Taylor 267
Wyoming 254
Indian Hill 242
Mariemont 192
Madeira 170
Finneytown 169
Reading 166
Deer Park 133

Yes, they are the largest in the CHL according to OHSAA. 2018 numbers for boys per school:

Taylor 267
Wyoming 254
Indian Hill 242
Mariemont 192
Madeira 170
Finneytown 169
Reading 166
Deer Park 133
correct , and the #'s will keep going up.
Taylors #'s arent bad this year, they just have NO size.
(and i know this is the football thread BUT) Taylors sports have been on the up and up the last few years

3rd last year in VB behind wyoming and indian hill
4th in boys soccer and had 10 wins (off to a hot start again this year)
girls soccer didnt do too hot last year BUT they have won more games this year than all of last year. 5-1 so far
boys and girls golf middle of the pack
basketball has been tough the last few years but they are trending in the right direction
wrestling has improved 1000X fold in the past few years
baseball 4 league champs in a row
softball 3 league champs in a row

The problem is there are 5 large sub divisions in cleves.

westgate , coleman woods, durango green, Indian walk and aston oaks

you can drive through either one and see ALOT of elder, seton, lasalle, visitation ect ect flags in the front yards.
But im OK with them sending their kid there to be a bench warmer or lifetime JV guy over making memories of their own down at taylor. Ill take the property tax $$ too

Last edited:
correct , and the #'s will keep going up.
Taylors #'s arent bad this year, they just have NO size.
(and i know this is the football thread BUT) Taylors sports have been on the up and up the last few years

3rd last year in VB behind wyoming and indian hill
4th in boys soccer and had 10 wins (off to a hot start again this year)
girls soccer didnt do too hot last year BUT they have won more games this year than all of last year. 5-1 so far
boys and girls golf middle of the pack
basketball has been tough the last few years but they are trending in the right direction
wrestling has improved 1000X fold in the past few years
baseball 4 league champs in a row
softball 3 league champs in a row

The problem is there are 5 large sub divisions in cleves.

westgate , coleman woods, durango green, Indian walk and aston oaks

you can drive through either one and see ALOT of elder, seton, lasalle, visitation ect ect flags in the front yards.
But im OK with them sending their kid there to be a bench warmer or lifetime JV guy over making memories of their own down at taylor. Ill take the property tax $$ too

I've always felt Taylor might be courted if the SWOC were to any more members to other conferences. They will be down to 6 schools after this year when Little Miami leaves. Could see Taylor and Monroe as possible targets for new members.

Do you think they are pretty loyal to the CHL? It's quite a drive to most of the schools they have to play. Even Finneytown,as the next closest member, is kind of far.

I've always felt Taylor might be courted if the SWOC were to any more members to other conferences. They will be down to 6 schools after this year when Little Miami leaves. Could see Taylor and Monroe as possible targets for new members.

Do you think they are pretty loyal to the CHL? It's quite a drive to most of the schools they have to play. Even Finneytown,as the next closest member, is kind of far.
Taylor would be a even longer drive for those all in the SWOC. once you get onto the HW taylor isnt too far from the others. its just there is no easy way on a bus to get to 275 or 74 from cleves.

I am unsure what their feeling is on the CHL. My kids go there but i dont have any other affiliation with the school

Some of the SWOC schools would be a better drive for Taylor. Some would be much farther. At least the CHL schools are all in Hamilton county. Taylor would not base a move like that on driving distances. The CHL schools are all pretty similar in division alignments. It is a good fit for Taylor. Plus, they are solidly in the middle of the all-sports standings almost every year. They won't be changing conferences.

The entire CHL won this week, except for Reading.

Wyoming almost went down to Mt Healthy. They won on a 32 yard FG with no time remaining on the clock. Prater didn't play too well. Only 37 yards passing and 3 INTs. He did have 120 yards rushing. I really have no idea how good Mt Healthy is. Wonder how Indian Hill and Wyoming will match up this year.

The entire CHL won this week, except for Reading.

Wyoming almost went down to Mt Healthy. They won on a 32 yard FG with no time remaining on the clock. Prater didn't play too well. Only 37 yards passing and 3 INTs. He did have 120 yards rushing. I really have no idea how good Mt Healthy is. Wonder how Indian Hill and Wyoming will match up this year.
I was not very impressed with MT healthy so this should be concerning to Wyoming to struggle. MH has a big tough QB but he needs a lot of open space to get up to speed.

I think the only remotely competitive CHL game this week will be Indian Hill at Deer Park, the other three will be blowouts. I think Indian Hill definitely wins this one, but it will be interesting to see if Deer Park can hang in there at all. Can Deer park give them a game?

How is DP compared to last year's playoff team? Recall they had wreckon ball at RB and big talented TE that they didn't get the ball to enough

I think it'll be 4 blowouts this week. I don't think Deer Park is that good and I think they'll lose big to Indian Hill.
They are 3-0, but against opponents who are a combined 2-7. They played a close game with Hughes, who doesn't look to be great this year either.

It also looks like Deer Park did some recruiting this year. Their QB used to be at Roger Bacon and (no surprise) is a basketball player.

I think it'll be 4 blowouts this week. I don't think Deer Park is that good and I think they'll lose big to Indian Hill.
They are 3-0, but against opponents who are a combined 2-7. They played a close game with Hughes, who doesn't look to be great this year either.

It also looks like Deer Park did some recruiting this year. Their QB used to be at Roger Bacon and (no surprise) is a basketball player.

Hughes is actually pretty solid this year. The first two weeks they didn't have a couple of their best guys playing due to injury. A couple CMAC posters said they might win 6 games or so this year which is good for them. Deer Park has a handful of transfers that are pretty solid and they have a couple studs returning from last years team. I could see this being a 28-21 ball game going either way.