GCL South (X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle) 2012-2019 (including poll)

Which school will win the GCL South title in 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wood Peckers will be fine beating up on the ECC (Extra Crappy Conference). When it's time for some real competition, they'll find one of the GCL South teams to do battle with. Same as Mt Rumpke Cards with weekly blowouts in the GMC after their annual "instant classic" early season with my Suicide Bombers.

Last edited:
Not sure if you know this or not but LaSalle is still D2 and their schedule is a bit more challenging than an ECC schedule. Just saying.

While it will be tough to find an opponent in the middle of the season to replace WW Elder (and other) can move their schedules around to make it work earlier in the season. There was a time from 2004-2010 I believe WW was not on Elder schedule and Elder always found a way to get 10 games in all those years. Now the caliber of a team that Elder will replace with a WW is a big ? but one game will not be hard to replace. It may be an out of state team or maybe some public school will knock on the door when they feel they have a really good team but Elder will find a way to fill a 10 game schedule.
Oh. So you're referencing one other team when comparing the WW schedule to the rest of area D2? I'll take it. The Warriors have developed some pretty strong DNA. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about how difficult it will be to replace this one game. And you are dreaming if you think that maybe some public school is going to be calling Elder to play a game in the middle of the season. It's not 2004-2010, the landscape has changed big time. Elder is probably looking at another out of state hack or 9 games. Trotwood could be a possibility and the Elder AD should have already called Trotwood. Elder already has Clearwater Academy and Football North on the schedule. It's really past time for the GMC to cut the crap. Its hurting the landscape of SW Ohio football.

Wood Peckers will be fine and beat up on the ECC (Extra Crappy Conference). When it's time for some real competition, they'll find one of the GCL South teams to do battle with. Same as Mt Rumpke Cards with weekly blowouts in the GMC after their annual "instant classic" early season with my Suicide Bombers.
Warrior nation wants to wrestle the Colerain matchup away from St. X in week 2. Colerain ain't trying to hear it.

Now if we could get the construction on l-74 finished, maybe our games w Indy teams would start on time. FYI.... Elder vs Indy Cathedral started one hour late this past Friday as the Cathedral team was stuck in traffic on l-74 on the way to Elder.
Cathedral was delayed because 74 EB was shut down due to a wreck near Batesville, not construction.

Cathedral was delayed because 74 EB was shut down due to a wreck near Batesville, not construction.

Thanks for the scoop and I stand corrected.
I travel to Indy weekly and thought the delay was due to Friday rush hour traffic combined with l-74 construction (down to 1 lane near Batesville).

Potential poll idea Pope!!!

Who will score 1st: Moeller or PBOY06

That’s a tough one! But this week Moe gets on the scoreboard and in the win column.
It’s the battle of the Generals.
Lafayette, KY Generals vs Washington Generals (Moe)

Last edited:
Still concerned that my Suicide Bombers couldn't run the ball against Colerain (twice had 4th & 1.... stuffed twice).

Last edited:
Pope’s Picks for week 3...... so far my picks are perfect for 2019

Lafayette (KY) at Moeller (@ Princeton HS)
Moeller by 17 (Moe not only scores, but actually wins a game. Parade set for Sunday on Montgomery Rd.)
As I noted in a post above.....

St. Xavier at Penn (Mishawaka, IN)
Suicide Bombers by 24 (Mishawaka???)

Mansfield, MA at La Salle
Low energy Lancers by 14 (one Mansfield in this world is more than enough)

Clearwater Academy at Elder (at the Arm-Pit in Price Hill)
Clearwater Academy by 7

Last edited:
That’s a tough one! But this week Moe gets on the scoreboard and in the win column.

Amazing how you disappear during Basketball Season when the true Washington Generals of NB Rd. get schooled vs. the team on Montgomery Rd?

Amazing how you disappear during Basketball Season when the true Washington Generals of NB Rd. get schooled vs. the team on Montgomery Rd?

#1) I believe this is a football thread.

#2) I’m not a big fan of girls sports. During the winter, you’ll find me on the yappi wrestling threads.

#3) I’m not crying that you’re not interested in debating which school has the better swim team when X sucks in football (like last year).

#4) This is actually meant for some fun give and take amongst fans. Don’t take this nonsense (especially mine) too seriously.

#5) I’ll be the first to admit that X basketball is pathetic, along with their wrestling team.

#1) I believe this is a football thread.

#2) I’m not a big fan of girls sports. During the winter, you’ll find me on the yappi wrestling threads.

#3) I’m not crying that you’re not interested in debating which school has the better swim team when X sucks in football (like last year).

#4) This is actually meant for some fun give and take amongst fans. Don’t take this nonsense (especially mine) too seriously.

#5) I’ll be the first to admit that X basketball is pathetic, along with their wrestling team.

Couldn't pass up commenting on the irony of your Washington Generals take. Basketball a girls sport, That was weak? Swimming, Seriously?

Couldn't pass up commenting on the irony of your Washington Generals take. Basketball a girls sport, That was weak? Swimming, Seriously?

Relax and let’s all enjoy some high school football this weekend. Who knows... your team may even score some points!

Elder opponent looks like they have some players.
And who provides the toughest matchup for your WW squad in the regular season?
The team that Elder plays does not have enough of those players. Elders 22 good players should beat CA 7 great players.
When the Warriors schedule came out everybody outside of FP was stunned. But we always play a tough schedule. It goes farther back the this independent odyssey. When we were in the FAVC, we always tried to take on the toughest non non conference opponents and scrimmage the best we could find (usually Moeller). And you really can't tell how tough a schedule is until you look back after the season. High school teams change year to year. And Coach Parker and AD Lumpkin knows what we have as a team. Winton Woods is still an unknown to most of the area. Yes everyone knows about Miyan Williams but there is a lot more talent than just he. I study the heck out of the Warriors opponents and I think the biggest challenge is St. Edwards. St.Eds is way better on the defensive front than any other opponent. I see Elder and LaSalle playing kids both ways to solidify their d lines. St. Ed's dont have to do that and are even two deep. I'm not saying Winton Woods couldn't self destruct and lose to anybody. And Winton Woods can't afford to look ahead. Coach Parker is preaching that.

Last edited:
The team that Elder plays does not have enough of those players. Elders 22 good players should beat CA 7 great players.
When the Warriors schedule came out everybody outside of FP was stunned. But we always play a tough schedule. It goes farther back the this independent odyssey. When we were in the FAVC, we always tried to take on the toughest non non conference opponents and scrimmage the best we could find (usually Moeller). And you really can't tell how tough a schedule is until you look back after the season. High school teams change year to year. And Coach Parker and AD Lumpkin knows what we have as a team. Winton Woods is still an unknown to most of the area. Yes everyone knows about Miyan Williams but there is a lot more talent than just he. I study the heck out of the Warriors opponents and I think the biggest challenge is St. Edwards. St.Eds is way better on the defensive front than any other opponent. I see Elder and LaSalle playing kids both ways to solidify their d lines. St. Ed's dont have to do that and are even two deep. I'm not saying Winton Woods couldn't self destruct and lose to anybody. And Winton Woods can't afford to look ahead. Coach Parker is preaching that.

The team Elder plays tonight has 12 D1 kids... This is not a Glenville type team.

... I see Elder and LaSalle playing kids both ways to solidify their d lines.
So, if Elder has 22 good players, then why do they have to play guys both ways to solidify their d line. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.
And Clearwater has 12 D-1 recruits, not just 7 great players.