McKinley football 2019

I think McKinley should give him a shot.I can't see him being as bad as what we have now.

We need to have balance to have any hope of beating Euclid.

Lets go Pups!!

You obviously never played the game because you post clueless nonsense. First off, since when did you know more than the coaches? The young man is learning the most difficult position in football against good opposition. Let the coaches coach. The kid will do just fine. The OC will eventually tailor the passing game to the strengths of the players. He's smart enough to know you can't pound a square peg into a round hole. Besides, you posting this negative stuff isn't helpful. No McKinley coach cares what you or I think, but kids can read hurtful stuff on here they can't do anything about. So knock it off.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

I think we should give the back-up a chance.We need a balanced attack against Euclid to have a chance.They will stack the box to stop our running game and force us to go to the air to beat them.Our back-up QB looked good against Iggy.And he can take it to the house on any play just like our starter with his legs.

Or you can stay with our starter and throw 3 or 4 picks.We have no chance against a team as good as Euclid with our current starter.

GO BULLDOGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBulldog wrote: "I think we should give the back-up a chance..."

---------------------

BBD, my old friend, we have exchanged many posts, and I respect you a lot, BUT it is TOO SOON to advance this idea.

We are 2-0 against last year's storied PLAYOFF Teams, and I have watched both games in person. IMO, our current QB is a good one who needs our support, and our coaching staff has been around a while in their careers and also need us to be behind them.

Our greatest chance to beat Euclid is to go with our most experienced athletes with a unified game plan by the coaches. There is plenty of time to panic later, but for now we need to "stay the course." (I mean, really, are the Browns going to dump Baker Mayfield after last Sunday's weak performance? :) )

GO PUPS! Beat Euclid. Good luck to all, sam McK'68

---------------------

BBD, my old friend, we have exchanged many posts, and I respect you a lot, BUT it is TOO SOON to advance this idea.

We are 2-0 against last year's storied PLAYOFF Teams, and I have watched both games in person. IMO, our current QB is a good one who needs our support, and our coaching staff has been around a while in their careers and also need us to be behind them.

Our greatest chance to beat Euclid is to go with our most experienced athletes with a unified game plan by the coaches. There is plenty of time to panic later, but for now we need to "stay the course." (I mean, really, are the Browns going to dump Baker Mayfield after last Sunday's weak performance? :) )

Hi Sam...Good to hear from you. We have to agree to dis-a-gree.But we all want the SAME THING....Lets go PuPs! Beat Euclid

---------------------

I totally agree, Sam.

A couple of my observations and suggestions that should rightfully be ignored by the coaches: Blitz more often like St. Ignatius does to cover for the fact that they have a big D line that isn't the fastest. You can't let all these quarterbacks sit back there and pick you apart.

As for the offense, throw short passes to help improve confidence, lull the defense into thinking it's all going to be short stuff, then hit them long. Play to your strengths!

The Euclid quarterback is very good, so it will be a long night if he has too much time.

JJ, I am just sitting here and SHAKING MY HEAD IN DISBELIEF! Just what are some of these other people thinking?

We hire a NEW Head Coach in APRIL. Five months later, he gives us a 2-0 start with wins over two playoff teams from last year. AND, HOW do we as fans show our appreciation???

Well, Of Course, We tell him that he does NOT have the right personnel on the field!!!

What a bunch of INGRATES we are as fans. WHY would this coach stay here? WHY does he not say, "HERE, you want the job, then do it ALL."

We ALL love our PUPS, and we ALL want to see them win. AND, maybe we ALL should then just BE QUIET! LET THE COACH DO HIS JOB!. He is in the best spot to make personnel decisions. Goodness Sake, the man is 2-0, THIS is NOT the time to undercut him. Let this man do the job we hired him to do.

Go Pups! Go Coach WATTLEY. Some of us DO have your back! sam McK'68

JJ, I am just sitting here and SHAKING MY HEAD IN DISBELIEF! Just what are some of these other people thinking?

We hire a NEW Head Coach in APRIL. Five months later, he gives us a 2-0 start with wins over two playoff teams from last year. AND, HOW do we as fans show our appreciation???

Well, Of Course, We tell him that he does NOT have the right personnel on the field!!!

What a bunch of INGRATES we are as fans. WHY would this coach stay here? WHY does he not say, "HERE, you want the job, then do it ALL."

We ALL love our PUPS, and we ALL want to see them win. AND, maybe we ALL should then just BE QUIET! LET THE COACH DO HIS JOB!. He is in the best spot to make personnel decisions. Goodness Sake, the man is 2-0, THIS is NOT the time to undercut him. Let this man do the job we hired him to do.

Go Pups! Go Coach WATTLEY. Some of us DO have your back! sam McK'68

You are right , Sam. Our coach lost two valuable months while the BOE and the powers that be messed up the hiring process. That's a lot of time to lose with kids, especially when you are a new hire. Modern football is way more complicated than 1979. I have total confidence in this staff and I know that they will achieve the kind of success we all want. Everyone just needs to give their support to this young coach and let him do his thing. Down the road, they will be very glad they did. Go Bulldogs!

Always, always keep the faith!

We all have the right to our opinion. There are other Bulldog fans who do not post who think our QB stinks.Our poster who is a doctor flat out said he stinks.But we all need to remember were all on the SAME SIDE!! We all love our Bulldogs and want what is best for the team.

Lets go PuPs beat Euclid!!!

We all have the right to our opinion. There are other Bulldog fans who do not post who think our QB stinks.Our poster who is a doctor flat out said he stinks.But we all need to remember were all on the SAME SIDE!! We all love our Bulldogs and want what is best for the team.

Lets go PuPs beat Euclid!!!
You didnt go to McKinley and neither did one of the other guys who, like you, stinks as a fan. We don't need idiots who demean a young kid who only just played that position for the second game, ever. Go support somebody else. We already have enough fair-weather fans as it is! Opinions are like a-holes- everyone has one and some of you are one.

You didnt go to McKinley and neither did one of the other guys who, like you, stinks as a fan. We don't need idiots who demean a young kid who only just played that position for the second game, ever. Go support somebody else. We already have enough fair-weather fans as it is! Opinions are like a-holes- everyone has one and some of you are one.

My my we have a sensitive one here. :p

Some of you are criticizing a 16-17 year old kid on an open forum. Nobody needs that - not the kid, nor the coaches, nor the team, nor the fan base. If you love the PUPS and want to see the team win, then please show positive support. Good luck to you, sam Mck'68

Last edited:
I want to beat Euclid in the worst way.We might have the best RB in the State in Lamier Garrett and that could go a long way.We also have one of the best WR's in the State in Jalen Ross.He can take it to the house on any given play.We have two players on the OL who are very Big and are sophomores!

We have a lot of athlete's and a lot of team speed! We can have one of the best teams in the State this year.We just need to stay patient and stay behind this team.We have a ton of potential!!

Lets go Pups! Beat Euclid!! Go Bulldogs!

Here I am, yes I am a physician (retired), yes I graduated from McKinley class of '71 and I judge by how many passes he has completed. Tell me how many, I don't remember any. That doesn't show me he is the second coming of Johnnie Unitas. Yes we do have a sensitive one here, if he can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. And I reiterate this quarteback reminds me of Garland Burns who also couldn't throw the ball over 5 yards. The opposition will start stacking the line when they realize McKinley can't pass the ball and there goes the offense. Hope he improves, but if not, some time on the bench often clears out the brain. Oh there were a lot of people who agreed with me "he stinks." He can run the ball but when he puts the ball in the air - whew.

Some people are just ridiculously impossible to bargain with, we need to give this kid a chance, 2 games dont define a whole season, yes he threw a few picks but did you guys ever realize that maybe the receiver fell down or ran the wrong route or didnt come back to the ball like they should? Why is it when the QB messes up it's always blamed on him, maybe he just overthrew or underthrew his intended target, it happens especially to a first year starter who is trying to grow into the position, I say we give him quite a few short passes to complete and get confidence built up then work off that but in no way should anyone give up on a kid just because he had a couple bad games, just be patient people and let's get behind these boys and coaches and please give them more than a few games

Hi Henry, it has been a while. Please let me share what I have about our QB.

From my "unofficial" stats, our QB is 7 of 19 for 108 yds and one TD pass. Against WGH he also ran the ball 11 times for 114 yds and one rushing TD.

He is a Junior 1st year varsity starter. A. Curtis was our two year starter who graduated last year, and undoubtedly Reardon Jr. would have been this year's starter if he did not go to Youngstown Ursuline with his dad.

I only see two QBS on this year's roster from my WGH game program - A 5'8/ 155 lb Soph, and our current 6'2/ 180 lb Junior.

Throw in a new H.C. and O.C. (hired in April) and a 2-0 start against quality teams, then I say our QB is showing a lot of guts to take the field each week. I have seen him now twice in person, and I like his athleticism.. For now he has earned my respect, and with time I hope he will earn yours.

Henry, Good luck to you, and I hope to talk with you soon. sam Mck'68

How many picks against Warren Harding?
How many picks against Akron Buchtel?
How many total picks in just 2 games.

I know` he threw for -minus yards against Warren Harding.

Why all the questions? Are you still trying to crucify a 17 year old kid? Or, are you trying to get the Head Coach fired? Or are you trying to come after me? In any case, just go away, and never again disgrace this McKinley message board.

All you need to know is that the kid is a good athlete, and the coach has a great resume. YOU, on the other hand, have nothing to show for your miserable life. sam

As a service to our Booster Club, Head Coach Ron Chismar would hold a game film review in a nearby meeting room after our practice.

Several of my teammates were curious one day and attended this film study. The next day, Coach Chismar told the whole team to NEVER again come to another Booster club meeting.

He said there are "A-Holes" out there who say bad things about players, and he did not want any of us to hear this trash.

NOW, many years later, we still have morons delighting in their criticisms of 16-17-18 year old KIDS. It is a shame that nothing has changed, and there are still creeps in the world who wold BASH young men who volunteer to play for their high school.

These kids do not get paid - they are amateurs. Some may go to college, and others will not. And, for the ones who go to college, they just get to walk thru the DOOR. They still have to take tests, write papers, and make presentations to stay in school.

If you want to criticize these KIDS, then stay away. Their worlds are a better place without you. sam

Last years qb his first start on varsity was against Harding and he picked them apart as I remember so what makes this quarterback any different I know if he was the quarterback at Massillon and threw 5 picks in the first two games he definitely would be on there bench

Here I am, yes I am a physician (retired), yes I graduated from McKinley class of '71 and I judge by how many passes he has completed. Tell me how many, I don't remember any. That doesn't show me he is the second coming of Johnnie Unitas. Yes we do have a sensitive one here, if he can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. And I reiterate this quarteback reminds me of Garland Burns who also couldn't throw the ball over 5 yards. The opposition will start stacking the line when they realize McKinley can't pass the ball and there goes the offense. Hope he improves, but if not, some time on the bench often clears out the brain. Oh there were a lot of people who agreed with me "he stinks." He can run the ball but when he puts the ball in the air - whew.

I'm going to go out on a limb and bet the house that neither of these are true. Surely someone smart enough to be a physician isn't moronic enough to make the rest of this post.

A couple of slants, a few bubble/rb screens....boom. Problem solved. You don't need a downfield passing game in today's HS game. QB's who can "pick apart" defenses are few and far between at this level. Get the ball in the hands of the play-makers and watch them do their thing. Just don't get hurt, like Jalen did on Saturday. He messed-up his shoulder pretty good on a GREAT pitch and catch TD. I hope he can play. Shoulder injuries are the worst.

Some of you are criticizing a 16-17 year old kid on an open forum. Nobody needs that - not the kid, nor the coaches, nor the team, nor the fan base. If you love the PUPS and want to see the team win, then please show positive support. Good luck to you, sam Mck'68

Exactly. I feel the same way just like when this forum tore up Jamir Thomas. Glad to see we all have equal thoughts

I'm going to go out on a limb and bet the house that neither of these are true. Surely someone smart enough to be a physician isn't moronic enough to make the rest of this post.

Your homeless. He was on the old Canton McKinley forums.

Lets go Pups! Beat Euclid.

Hi Henry, it has been a while. Please let me share what I have about our QB.

From my "unofficial" stats, our QB is 7 of 19 for 108 yds and one TD pass. Against WGH he also ran the ball 11 times for 114 yds and one rushing TD.

He is a Junior 1st year varsity starter. A. Curtis was our two year starter who graduated last year, and undoubtedly Reardon Jr. would have been this year's starter if he did not go to Youngstown Ursuline with his dad.

I only see two QBS on this year's roster from my WGH game program - A 5'8/ 155 lb Soph, and our current 6'2/ 180 lb Junior.

Throw in a new H.C. and O.C. (hired in April) and a 2-0 start against quality teams, then I say our QB is showing a lot of guts to take the field each week. I have seen him now twice in person, and I like his athleticism.. For now he has earned my respect, and with time I hope he will earn yours.

Henry, Good luck to you, and I hope to talk with you soon. sam Mck'68

If that's all we have at the QB position were in for a long year.I see you provided the stats for Elijah Wesley but forgot to say how many picks he threw? Sorry I hit a raw nerve by simply asking how many picks he threw.

Lets go Pups! Beat Euclid

Last years qb his first start on varsity was against Harding and he picked them apart as I remember so what makes this quarterback any different I know if he was the quarterback at Massillon and threw 5 picks in the first two games he definitely would be on there bench

Thank you for providing how many picks (5) our QB threw in the first two games.Your right in saying if he threw 5 picks and played for Massillon he would be on the bench.