GCL South (X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle) 2012-2019 (including poll)

Which school will win the GCL South title in 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No doubt. May not be a team in the country that has a more difficult final 4 Regular Season Games than LaSalle!
4 of Winton Woods final 5 games Include State Powerhouses like St. Edwards, and St. Louis Christian Brothers and state contenders like Elder and LaSalle

4 of Winton Woods final 5 games Include State Powerhouses like St. Edwards, and St. Louis Christian Brothers and state contenders like Elder and LaSalle

That is a brutal stretch of Games also. Team Elder is playing Friday has some very talented players. Clearwater Academy has at least 10 D1 recruits, including a Clemson commit who is 6’4 and 215lbs. Not sure how many if any play both ways. Hope Elder can at least keep it interesting.

Oh, how is this Florida team that Elder plays I heard they are pretty good

Yeah, saw some film on Clearwater. Scary big and fast. They literally look like a D1 college team. Apparently, all these kids are recruited to Clearwater to improve their chances to earn a scholarship. Elder will have their hands full and a loss will not be a derailment from a potential long run in the November playoffs. This CA team is probably the biggest and fastest group I have ever seen on the high school level. They do appear to only have 25-30 kids on the team, but it will still take a monumental effort by Elder to come out on top.

Here is a link to CA's gme last week. Not sure about the team they played, but the athleticism, height and speed standout, regardless of the opponent.

If you think everyone in the GCL S has a 25% chance to win it, you haven't been paying attention.

I'm the one who said that and it is accurate from a math standpoint. Do I think Moeller actually has the same chance as Elder, La Salle and X at this point? Of course not.

Week 3 schedule........

Lafayette (KY) at Moeller (@ Princeton HS)

St. Xavier at Penn (Mishawaka, IN)

Mansfield, MA at La Salle

Clearwater Academy at Elder

You may need a map to determine where a few of these teams are from.......
Clearwater, Florida
Mansfield, Massachusetts
Lafayette, Kentucky
Mishawaka, (say that 3 times fast) Indiana

Week 3 schedule........

Lafayette (KY) at Moeller (@ Princeton HS)

St. Xavier at Penn (Mishawaka, IN)

Mansfield, MA at La Salle

Clearwater Academy at Elder

You may need a map to determine where a few of these teams are from.......
Clearwater, Florida
Mansfield, Massachusetts
Lafayette, Kentucky
Mishawaka, (say that 3 times fast) Indiana

And speaking of which, how can the GCL South add teams and who would they be?
Eds & Iggy for football only?

As Pope, here’s my 10 team ACC
(All Catholic Conference - football only)

Elder
Moeller
LaSalle
St X
St Iggy
St Eds
Hoban
Louisville Trinity
Louisville St X
Indy Cathedral

No more scheduling teams from Florida, Canada or Massachusetts.

As Pope, here’s my 10 team ACC
(All Catholic Conference - football only)

Elder
Moeller
LaSalle
St X
St Iggy
St Eds
Hoban
Louisville Trinity
Louisville St X
Indy Cathedral

No more scheduling teams from Florida, Canada or Massachusetts.
Aside from Hoban, that's effectively how it is anyway. Heck, Columbus DeSales plays quite a few games against the GCL-S as well. Really, Lasalle just needs to put forth a better effort to schedule the Louisville and Cleveland teams. You could possibly add Roncalli into the mix as well.

Aside from Hoban, that's effectively how it is anyway. Heck, Columbus DeSales plays quite a few games against the GCL-S as well. Really, Lasalle just needs to put forth a better effort to schedule the Louisville and Cleveland teams. You could possibly add Roncalli into the mix as well.

Yes I forgot about Indy Roncalli though I have no idea how strong their football team is.
Now if we could get the construction on l-74 finished, maybe our games w Indy teams would start on time. FYI.... Elder vs Indy Cathedral started one hour late this past Friday as the Cathedral team was stuck in traffic on l-74 on the way to Elder.

Shocking 2019 GCL Poll Final Results....

1st) Price Hill Panthers - 49.1%

2nd) Suicide Bombers - 22.7%

3rd) Crooked Crusaders - 15.5%

4th) Low Energy Lancers - 12.7%

Yes I forgot about Indy Roncalli though I have no idea how strong their football team is.
Now if we could get the construction on l-74 finished, maybe our games w Indy teams would start on time. FYI.... Elder vs Indy Cathedral started one hour late this past Friday as the Cathedral team was stuck in traffic on l-74 on the way to Elder.
Doubt they will ever get it done. being worked on by the same company that works on the WV turnpike. lol

Great suggestion!

And the Winton Wood Peckers need a home but no Pagans will be permitted in the GCL.
The Hobos and Wood Peckers may be the top 2 teams in the state, including D1.
Lol. Warriors dont need a home anymore. Moving to the ECC and will only have room on the schedule for 1 GCL Harbon cow in week 2. So 2 out of 3 will be looking to replace the Winton Woods game next season. And the schedules of Elder, Moeller and LaSalle already have multiple strange opponents on them. How will the GCL replace the Winton Woods games?

st-xavier-high-school-62B7Sm.jpg
"men for others"

I'm the one who said that and it is accurate from a math standpoint. Do I think Moeller actually has the same chance as Elder, La Salle and X at this point? Of course not.
Sorry, your response was neither accurate nor precise as it completely fails to take into account the meaning of probability/chance.

Lol. Warriors dont need a home anymore. Moving to the ECC and will only have room on the schedule for 1 GCL Harbon cow in week 2. So 2 out of 3 will be looking to replace the Winton Woods game next season. And the schedules of Elder, Moeller and LaSalle already have multiple strange opponents on them. How will the GCL replace the Winton Woods games?

Shouldn't be a problem replacing WW, although I hope Elder keeps the game with WW I always look forward to that game, very good competition to keep on the Elder schedule, really helps E prepare for the playoffs. Now on the other hand how will WW do playing a "softer"(compared to current schedule) schedule in the ECC... Come playoff time (because we know they will run through the ECC) there may be few "battle tested" games to gauge what needs work and what doesn't in order to make a run at a state ship...may be a determent overall to WW being in the ECC, just my opinion.

Shouldn't be a problem replacing WW, although I hope Elder keeps the game with WW I always look forward to that game, very good competition to keep on the Elder schedule, really helps E prepare for the playoffs. Now on the other hand how will WW do playing a "softer"(compared to current schedule) schedule in the ECC... Come playoff time (because we know they will run through the ECC) there may be few "battle tested" games to gauge what needs work and what doesn't in order to make a run at a state ship...may be a determent overall to WW being in the ECC, just my opinion.
Come on man. I have been talking about a possible decline of the WW football program in relation to joining a conference for years. But let's face it, even playing a ECC schedule, the Warriors schedule will still far and away more challenging than any other area D2 program. No one will still be more battle tested than Winton Woods regardless.
Now back to my original point. You stated replacing WW "shouldn't be a problem". I disagree with that. It's going to be an absolute problem for Elder (LaSalle and Moe) to find an opponent to replace the Warriors. Especially in the middle of the season. If you look at this weeks GCL opponents it tells a story. Some very odd opponents. Trotwood is going to be in need of games all season. St. Ed's, Edgewood and Upper Arlington will be looking to replace Winton Woods. Trotwood, St. Ed's and Edgewood, Upper Arlington could all be good opponents for LaSalle next season.

Come on man. I have been talking about a possible decline of the WW football program in relation to joining a conference for years. But let's face it, even playing a ECC schedule, the Warriors schedule will still far and away more challenging than any other area D2 program. No one will still be more battle tested than Winton Woods regardless.
Now back to my original point. You stated replacing WW "shouldn't be a problem". I disagree with that. It's going to be an absolute problem for Elder (LaSalle and Moe) to find an opponent to replace the Warriors. Especially in the middle of the season. If you look at this weeks GCL opponents it tells a story. Some very odd opponents. Trotwood is going to be in need of games all season. St. Ed's, Edgewood and Upper Arlington will be looking to replace Winton Woods. Trotwood, St. Ed's and Edgewood, Upper Arlington could all be good opponents for LaSalle next season.

Not sure if you know this or not but LaSalle is still D2 and their schedule is a bit more challenging than an ECC schedule. Just saying.

While it will be tough to find an opponent in the middle of the season to replace WW Elder (and other) can move their schedules around to make it work earlier in the season. There was a time from 2004-2010 I believe WW was not on Elder schedule and Elder always found a way to get 10 games in all those years. Now the caliber of a team that Elder will replace with a WW is a big ? but one game will not be hard to replace. It may be an out of state team or maybe some public school will knock on the door when they feel they have a really good team but Elder will find a way to fill a 10 game schedule.